Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I am a HUGE feminist, you can call me Feminazi if you want , on some issues . I changed my surname Coz it's convinent .
Imagine my son's plight !! Mommy is Mrs Sharma and daddy is Mr Verma ðŸĪŠ . So you never get Mr and Mrs Verma letters !! And people will keep you calling Mrs Verma and you'll keep correcting them " I am Mr Verma's wife but I call myself Mrs Sharma"

Tina is Khanna Coz Khanna was bigger brand than Kumar at time of her marriage.

Ur logic Mrs sharma and mr Verma  is kinda stupid ...no offence

There are so many common people who don't change their surnames ... I have lots of frnds and relatives ( they are Not Celebs ) who didn't change their surnames and proudly use their Own Surname and their kids don't face mr and Mrs Verma kind of situations ... ( I didn't really get ur logic , sorry ) ...btw to solve mr and Mrs problem husband can adop wife's surname ðŸ˜‰

When Dimple got married to Rajesh Khanna , he was such a big super star , yet she didn't change her surname,
TheRowdiest thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheBoss

I wont change my name. Ever. Neither I would want any girl to change her surname for me either. You cant just wake up and suddeny become someone else. In some situations you are already giving up a lot, your home, your toys, your comforts, your kitchen, your freedom to a new life at a new place with a new person. Ab bacchi ki jaan loge kya? 

Exactly , and then it's u who is supposed to adjust for inlaws ... Give birth , but u can't give ur surname to ur kids ... 

P.S. Women sacrifice every thing yet kids get father's name ... Atleast women can do whatever is in their hand ... For example don't change ur own surname ...

Sadly women sacrifice everything happily thinking it's their duty and then justify it too ...Gosh have met a woman who even said if her husband won't beat her up , then at whom he will vent out , he is a MAN and he can do it , women have to tolerate it ... Gosh such ppl also exist ðŸ‘ŽðŸž
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know if I would want to change my surname or not...right now I have my mother's surname instead of my father's surname, which was all a big accident, so I don't even know if my current surname is my real surname...it's the surname I grew up with but it's still technically not my "real" surname...so should I keep my current surname after marriage or change it to my husband's so I can finally have a surname I feel like is mine...what to do...decisions decisions...Edited by Zeeliciousxo - 7 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

We are all given names at birth and use our family of origin's name as a last name. By that logic aren't we all branded at birth ? However, what name she uses should not concern any troll who harasses her. Good she answered back. 

We all need a name and brand so obviously it will be our birth name , given by our parents who have given birth to us ...our birth Brand decides our religion , caste etc only , not husband whom we meet years later based on birth brands ( if it's not inter caste marriage 😉 ) ... So It can't be compared to changing ur birth identity after marriage 
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

We all need a name and brand so obviously it will be our birth name , given by our parents who have given birth to us ...our birth Brand decides our religion , caste etc only , not husband whom we meet years later based on birth brands ( if it's not inter caste marriage 😉 ) ... So It can't be compared to changing ur birth identity after marriage 

Ah... but I am a curious case, my last name is my father's first name, not caste or village name. I am of South Indian origin. So I guess I am branded with my father's name. 😆. 

My parents chose my given names so it flows with my last name. Depending on how my future husband's first name is, I will think about changing my last name. So when I sign my name I use only my first name. Clear as mud ? ðŸ˜†

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Me and my husband had the same last name before marriage so I didn't have to bother about changing my surname...
But I would have changed it in a heart beat if I had to...Like RR said ..its all about convenience...The kids get the father's last name as well...otherwise how are the kids supposed to get their last names...Twinkle Sharma Verma...because if one is not changing their last name because they have their own identity...I am guessing they would want their kids to get their last name too...how does one resolve that...

The troll who posed the question before twinkle was rude and ill mannered...he had no business telling Twinkle what her last name should be...so Twinkle's answer to him that married but not branded was correct for him...but lets us forget about the troll for a second...even if u are married and have your husband's last name ...it doesn't brand you...no one can turn u into a brand but u urself can do that with ur actions...married women with their husband's last name are not branded either...Its all about choice.

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Exactly , and then it's u who is supposed to adjust for inlaws ... Give birth , but u can't give ur surname to ur kids ... 

P.S. Women sacrifice every thing yet kids get father's name ... Atleast women can do whatever is in their hand ... For example don't change ur own surname ...

Sadly women sacrifice everything happily thinking it's their duty and then justify it too ...Gosh have met a woman who even said if her husband won't beat her up , then at whom he will vent out , he is a MAN and he can do it , women have to tolerate it ... Gosh such ppl also exist ðŸ‘ŽðŸž

It has become a norm because women are to be only blamed for this affirmative action. For a girl the most important man in her life should be her abba. I am not saying she shouldn't have a choice to change her name - she can, but only on her terms. If a woman ever asks me to change my surname for her will I?  Certainly not so why should I expect her to do the same for me? If I really want to I will pick a nick name for her but she should be able to tell me to f**k off because that is who she is and that is part of her identity and was been there for her long before I was. 
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This topic is very close to my heart...I haven't changed my surname after marriage...I'm glad twinkle wrote what she did...I agree with what boss wrote above...women sacrifice way too much after marriage, if they so decide not to change their name, it is absolutely okay...n no one has the right to say they should...period.
TheRowdiest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Ah... but I am a curious case, my last name is my father's first name, not caste or village name. I am of South Indian origin. So I guess I am branded with my father's name. 😆. 

My parents chose my given names so it flows with my last name. Depending on how my future husband's first name is, I will think about changing my last name. So when I sign my name I use only my first name. Clear as mud ? ðŸ˜†

as u said in ur first comment " By that logic aren't we all branded at birth ? " ... Yes ...u use ur father's surname not caste or village but ur surname tells if u r Brahmin , Hindu or Muslim , a surname can even tell u belong to which state ...no idea how it works in south , but in north u can tell all this Frm a surname 

Edited by TheRowdiest - 7 years ago
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Personal choice. It's convenient to have same last name. But it's nobody's business.