Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
There is nothing wrong with her hash tag. You need to look at it in context.
And I agree with her- women are expected to change their surnames but it is a very personal thing. There shouldn't be any pressure.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I am a HUGE feminist, you can call me Feminazi if you want , on some issues . I changed my surname Coz it's convinent .
Imagine my son's plight !! Mommy is Mrs Sharma and daddy is Mr Verma 🤪 . So you never get Mr and Mrs Verma letters !! And people will keep you calling Mrs Verma and you'll keep correcting them " I am Mr Verma's wife but I call myself Mrs Sharma"

Tina is Khanna Coz Khanna was bigger brand than Kumar at time of her marriage.

If you didn't change your surname you would be Ms.Sharma, right ( assuming that's your maiden name)not Mrs Sharma...  You'll be either Ms (or Miss ) Sharma or Mrs Verma

Tina was popular even before she became Mrs Kumar, Khanna surname was more popular that's why she kept it, otherwise who knows?

That man's way of questioning was rude though
Zee_RK thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wont change my name for anyone!! Its not about feminism its my personal choice!! Ms Khan is it now and forever!
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I never changed my surname!!!

Inn logon kohi kaam nahin kiya what a stupidity! 
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Betty - For records, I took Sharma- verma as example. That's not my real surname.
Yes that man questioning Tina was rude .
But my point is that not changing or changing surname doesn't do anything to women's status or independence . It's given too much importance !!
liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I am a HUGE feminist, you can call me Feminazi if you want , on some issues . I changed my surname Coz it's convinent .
Imagine my son's plight !! Mommy is Mrs Sharma and daddy is Mr Verma 🤪 . So you never get Mr and Mrs Verma letters !! And people will keep you calling Mrs Verma and you'll keep correcting them " I am Mr Verma's wife but I call myself Mrs Sharma"

I didn't change my name and never would do so.  Don't believe in this concept at all.
But it's funny you brought up the confusion the kids would have.  The questions have already cropped up ðŸ˜†
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
I'll change my surname. It sounds cuter when someone becomes Mrs __her husband's name after it. ðŸ˜³
I wont change my name. Ever. Neither I would want any girl to change her surname for me either. You cant just wake up and suddeny become someone else. In some situations you are already giving up a lot, your home, your toys, your comforts, your kitchen, your freedom to a new life at a new place with a new person. Ab bacchi ki jaan loge kya? 
flipfl0p thumbnail

Somehow, it is not a big deal in South India. Culture of changing surnames is not present. Both son and daughter carry father's surname (in that sense, patriarchal). What is different from North is, both will carry their surname till their end. (It is not about current generation. Earlier generation ladies also have their father's name attached). 
I feel, this culture is more convenient for the current world. (Husband may change. But father will not).
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
We are all given names at birth and use our family of origin's name as a last name. By that logic aren't we all branded at birth ? However, what name she uses should not concern any troll who harasses her. Good she answered back.