Frequent Posters

BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
From one of the old articles

Aishwarya didn't marry me because I am a Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan

Press Trust of India
Feb 16, 2014 at 10:44am IST
#abhishek bachchan #aishwarya rai bachchan #bollywood #

Mumbai: Abhishek Bachchan says that his actress wife Aishwarya did not marry him because he is a film star or the son of megastar Amitabh Bachchan.

In an upcoming episode of 'Koffee with Karan', when asked by the host Karan Johar about the "insecurity" coming from being married to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, "the most beautiful woman on the face of earth", Abhishek said there was none.

"I believe she is and to me she is the most beautiful thing on earth. I see myself in the mirror every day and it is a horrific sight. So I am not competing, I can't. The reason why we got together wasn't cosmetic," Abhishek said.

Abhishek Bachchan says that his actress wife Aishwarya did not marry him because he is the son of Amitabh Bachchan.

"She is one of the most down to earth... normal people you will ever meet. She hasn't married me because I am a film star or I am a Bachchan and I haven't married her because she is the most beautiful woman on earth or one of the biggest stars on earth, so that never comes in the equation," he said.

Abhishek and Aishwarya tied the knot in 2007. They have a daughter named Aaradhya.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I don't thjnk anyone ever discredited her by claiming the Bachchan tag helped her. Most just say her beauty was her biggest USP and that she's a limited actress.
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Errr Abhi, Lets say that if you were  Abhishek Sharma or Abhishek Choubey, Ash wouldn't have given you a second glance.
So please don't be in any illusion that Ash married you, the person
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
RR: Oh, I don't believe that she didn't marry him because he is a Bachchan. Am sure that was one of the major reasons. πŸ˜† But people are deluding themselves to imagine that she does not contribute massively to Brand B. She makes it, along with Sr B. No-one comes
To see Jaya B, an amazing actress or Jr B, a nice & lovely gentleman. They come to see the Legend AB & The Most Beautiful Woman On Earth.

The 2 do seem
To care about each other, but I don't think it was ever the hunky-dory, lovingly-dreaming-about- proposing-Ash-on-NY-terraces that Jr made famous.

Ash has also clearly taken very visible steps to integrate herself well into the B family. I loved her very sarcastic & cheeky "We are Bachchans for all seasons & my name is not Khan." Comment on KwK!!! 🀣 It was EPIC & again, reflected how witty she can be when she actually wants to be. She totally stumped KJo & surprised Jr! When she wants to be, she can be a Bitch for all seasons & remind everyone that she is Aishwariya Rai (Bachchan) πŸ˜‰Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 7 years ago
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
MEB - I love when Ash gets cheeky. Her marriage to Abhi has made her relax and let down her guards . She can kill anyone with her sarcasm and giggles . She gives it back in style and pure class.
There will never be another Ash in BW.

She is contributing to Brand B more than Rani could ever have. She will continue to take Brand B forward after BigB.
I hope Bachchans also see her as their shiniest trophy .
Good to see some Ash fans here , who are not after her beauty πŸ˜†
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: desigal90

I don't thjnk anyone ever discredited her by claiming the Bachchan tag helped her. Most just say her beauty was her biggest USP and that she's a limited actress.

Looks like you're speaking without knowing the background. Refer this topic. http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4707296

And no, "most" don't say what you're saying, but a few detractors do. Don't club their opinion to make it an opinion of the masses. Thanks.
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ponymo

Looks like you're speaking without knowing the background. Refer this topic. http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4707296

And no, "most" don't say what you're saying, but a few detractors do. Don't club their opinion to make it an opinion of the masses. Thanks.

So you made an overly emotional post and dragged Kajol along as your answer? How very mature of you. πŸ‘

You still haven't reveal what Kajol had to with any of this in the first place an why you Ash fans are so insecure of her? Many of your Ash cronies (some of which are agreeing with you in this topic...DUH!!) have made topics against Kajol. I don't see anyone retaliating to that. 

You are welcome to stay in your own fantasy land but stop dragging other people. It only weakens your argument and shows your insecurity. 

Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

So you made an overly emotional post and dragged Kajol along as your answer? How very mature of you.πŸ‘

You still haven't reveal what Kajol had to with any of this in the first place an why you Ash fans are so insecure of her? Many of your Ash cronies (some of which are agreeing with you in this topic...DUH!!) have made topics against Kajol. I don't see anyone retaliating to that.

You are welcome to stay in your own fantasy land but stop dragging other people. It only weakens your argument and shows your insecurity.

πŸ€— long time no see. I missed your posts.   πŸ˜³
Yes Kajol is even better than Nicole Kidman and Sandra
Bullock. Let's give credit where due.   πŸ₯³
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MrMadonnaCicone

πŸ€— long time no see. I missed your posts.   πŸ˜³
Yes Kajol is even better than Nicole Kidman and Sandra
Bullock. Let's give credit where due.   πŸ₯³

Dont gimme that BS. You are the one i am talking about. πŸ˜‘