Is Ash relevant without Bachchan tag? Hell yes she is

Posted: 7 years ago
This forum always tries hard to discredit Ash's achievements. But here I am to quash all those claims with logic and evidence. Reply to the other topic which tries to give all the credit of Ash's relevance post her marriage to the Bachchan tag:

I have only one simple question: if Bachchan surname the reason why she is relevant, why is Abhishek still a nonentity? He still doesn't get good offers. He is nowhere popular.

Some haters would have it believe that Ash has brands like Longines and L'Oreal because of the surname. How laughable. L'Oreal addresses her as Aishwarya Rai, not Rai-Bachchan in almost all of her ads. Brands are not charities. They have people as brand ambassadors and pay them only if they can push their sales and give the company profits.

I mean going by the same logic, Abhishek should have great brands because he's a Bachchan. But reality check: Abhishek has no decent brands in his kitty now because he's a non-entity. The only one worth speaking of he has is Prestige, which is endorsed by both Abhishek and Aishwarya - now they were paid a whopping 30 crore to promote Prestige. Not because they are Bachchans. Why? Because - "When we started with Abhishek and Aishwarya, we were not number one in the North, East and West zones. We were number one only in the South. The appeal of the two is more in these regions, though she is a South Indian girl. Four years into the campaign, we are number one in all four zones. Brand recall in any study, we are right on top," said T T Jagannathan, chairman, TTK Prestige.

Right! They are only hired if they bring value.

Aishwarya is one of the most beautiful women in the world, a talented actress, a superstar with a career spanning 25 years. Did Bachchan tag really help Aishwarya? Fact is it actually hurt her.

She let go of many an opportunity - she gave up Hancock with Will Smith because of Teji Bachchan's death. She gave up Dostana for Abhishek. She gave up Happy New Year for Abhishek. She was the one who had to devote 4-5 years to bring up Aaradhya - not Abhishek or Amitabh. She is the one who made all the sacrifices. She is the one who lent dignity and values to the Bachchan parivaar. And now 

Today, Karan didn't cast Aishwarya because she is a Bachchan. It's because he has offered her half his directorial films in his career, he offered three of his films even before she was a Bachchan. If he wanted to please the Bachchans he could also have cast Abhishek. But he did not, because he is not relevant. He cast Abhishek in KANK, but in 2006, when he was relevant!

Unlike Kajol and many others, she did not bask in the glory of her husband or family to make movies for her even though they could always produce movies for her under the ABCL banner. She never ran behind big banners: fact is she has only one YRF film as the main lead in her whole career and not a single Dharma film so far, despite being offered many!

She continues giving up films like Happy New Year for her husband Abhishek. She continues making sacrifices, only to be told the reason she is relevant is because of the Bachchan tag? Ha, at least they admitted she is still relevant. Suck it up my bujjis, because she is:

Originally posted by YourDream

Thanks for your advice, but how am I overreacting? I wrote a logical post trashing dubious propaganda by certain people.

Jab answer khud hi karna tha 
To question pucha hi kyun
ohh itna overreaction.. every1 is dragged in this forum. y r u making a big deal abt it?😆
Originally posted by SherlockHouse

Jab answer khud hi karna tha 
To question pucha hi kyun

Question maine nahi. Kisi aur ne pucha. I just gave a factual, mostly objective answer.

Originally posted by KanjarKhana

ohh itna overreaction.. every1 is dragged in this forum. y r u making a big deal abt it?😆

Really Kanjar? You want me to keep quiet?

It beats me that people are telling me to shut up with the logic that everyone is bashed in the forum. That doesn't mean one cannot retaliate, right? Someone has to. I've taken up the mantle. Now if you want to abuse me for it, be my guest. But I won't stop. :)
Well done, ponymo. 👏Very well put. Whoever says the Bachchan tag has kept her relevant is kidding to themselves. 
Ponymo, brilliantly written. I agree with each and every word. 🤗
Aish had Mani Ratnam, SLB, Subhash Ghai, Ashtoush Gowariker, etc.
and so many directors to work with her. The success of HDDCS and
Devdas are so impactful that people even discredit her for these roles.
I am happy with Aish's track as an actress. She has achieved what most
people want in a lifetime.   👏
Relax girl.

Anyway Bachan tag could not make Abhishek relevant, forget about it helping Aish!