Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: MrsKhan

Nice to see you back to your lawyering and essay writing ways. I am so happy that I will say that Bachchans are irrelevant without Ash. Big B should change his name to Amitabh Bachchan Rai. 

ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MrsKhan

Nice to see you back to your lawyering and essay writing ways. I am so happy that I will say that Bachchans are irrelevant without Ash. Big B should change his name to Amitabh Bachchan Rai. 

Rai was always in his name anyways. His father's name was Harivansh Rai.
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Aish is a strong woman..she has seen fame since a very young age and has been relevant ever since..bachchan tag has not brought her fame or relevance..maybe what it has brought for her is less hostility from within the industry..knowing her equation with salman and the clout he holds in bollywood..
I admire her for standing upto Salman..she is the only ex to have spoken against him and never again looked back or asked for his forgiveness ( heck why do people do that ) or appeared at his family events etc. Etc..he hurt her and she moved on..

She is a woman of substance and very dignified.. She knows whats best for her..who r we to judge?
Edited by niyati13 - 7 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ponymo

Rai was always in his name anyways. His father's name was Harivansh Rai.

Yeah but order will be changed from Rai Bachchan to Bachchan Rai. 
teenplusteen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great post!! Agree with each and everything you said, love it.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwn5rDGZt1ruekjd.gif
I think the Bachchans and Aish both make a formidable team and help each other. Aish might have survived through the Salman phase but she was hated by almost everyone in the industry.  The Bachchans might not need to make her relevant but they gave her a lot of respect among her peers. Now even Salman doesn't mess with her. She needed the Bachchan name to be liked and respected again. Even the audience respects her now as a "bahurani" of an icon when earlier everyone mostly just joked about her sex life and boyfriends and breakups. 

Similarly, Aish keeps the family name going because Amitabh is too old now and Abhi hasn't been able to make anything of himself. Aish gives them the powerful dynasty image even though the blood related Bachchans don't matter much anymore.

Both sides knew what kind of deal they were making and it's helping both. 
Edited by anonymous39 - 7 years ago
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ash was on brink of getting sidelined by BW due to Salman controversy.
Salman was a powerhouse and insider and Ash was woman and outsider. 
Her marriage with Abhi , that too at the time when Abhi was successful, made her survival very easy in BW.

In fact it was Checkmate to Sallu😆. A master stroke by world's most beautiful woman. After watching Ash, I will never believe in "beauty without brains". Ash has more brain than any geeky woman😆

If the forum waasi aren't horrified, can I add my being Ash fan to my controversial biodata .

MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anonymous39

I think the Bachchans and Aish both make a formidable team and help each other. Aish might have survived through the Salman phase but she was hated by almost everyone in the industry. The Bachchans might not need to make her relevant but they gave her a lot of respect among her peers. Now even Salman doesn't mess with her. She needed the Bachchan name to be liked and respected again. Even the audience respects her now as a "bahurani" of an icon when earlier everyone mostly just joked about her sex life and boyfriends and breakups.

Similarly, Aish keeps the family name going because Amitabh is too old now and Abhi hasn't been able to make anything of himself. Aish gives them the powerful dynasty image even though the blood related Bachchans don't matter much anymore.

Both sides knew what kind of deal they were making and it's helping both.

Well said & ICAM! Ash needed that Bachchan tag when she married Abhi. She would've slowly gotten irrelevant back then but the Bachchan tag helped her a lot. Similarly it increased the Bachchan brand value coz Ash joined that family.

I sometimes wish she hadn't married Abhi but it was a marriage of convenience and has worked out pretty well like most arranged marriages do.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Anon39 nailed it completely. Ash is one of my favourites & I definitely admire her gumption, self-respect, ego.. Whatever One desires to call it.. In not standing for Salman's psychopathic behaviour & stnsding up for herself & her family. The B marriage definitely was an arranged marriage meant to suit the respective parties in their respective agendas. And it's worked till now. Ash gave the Bs the required international relevancy, they gave her the industry respect, doting & shoe-licking. Ash was never liked by BW for being too much her own woman, not really indulging the heroes. The whole Ice-Queen image & sustaining jokes (until her marriage into the First Family of BW, and no, One can argue that the Kapoors aren't the First Family any longer) begun from there. But the minute she became Jr Mrs B out came a far more congenial, amiable & cheeky Ash, One who finally decided to sweetly give it back more as & when it was required because she knew today she had the backing & powerful support of her very influential 'sasuraal'.. Let's hope this continues. Maybe that's why she doesn't burn bridges with them in terms of telling them off for interfering in her work.. It's an arrangement that benefits all parties concerned including her family. But what's funny is how over the past few years, I creaisngly, she appears less & less with Jaya B, and now, with Jr, and spends most of her time in the public eye, with her family ESP her mother.. Things are definitely happening on that front!
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Mallika EB - Good analysis .
I like how Ash stood tall in BW and lived her life in her own terms.
I admire her guts, specially after marrige, when on KWK, she said "My name is not Khan"😉

Sadly, her position is bit less powerful coz of Abhi's failure, but she is holding on well to her Bachchan bahu status. She has a lot to gain from it. She won't seperate from B house in this janam.