Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Very well written post i must say.

But on the other hand, we cannot deny how the Bachahan surname has relevently added to her prestige. There is no denying.i am not talking internationally, but in India being a Bachan bahu means a BIG deal and everyone knows that. I am not saying she is ONLY relevant because of her surname, but it has surely added to it.

Also, i guess just because Abhishek's sacrifices arent documented doesnt mean he doesnt have any input in the relationship or because there are blinds abt AB Sr getting pissed at her work means he is not supportive of her career? I wonder why Ash and Bachan family are pitied against each other, they all benefit from each other and i am not saying in a bad way. Its good when fanily members bring glory to each other!Edited by Fantasia. - 7 years ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Good post pony! Sadly people are still going to twist and turn ur words and do what they always do
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
You are right about aishwarya.(though I really dislike her)
She is every bit relevant with or without the Bachchan surname. She has made a name for herself by her own merit. Nobody can discount that.
The Sanskari bachchans think to highly of themselves and have ego up their asses. 
Amitabh is a hypocrite and MCP. 

You are not overreacting.You have every right to defend your fav like everyone else here or anywhere.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Fantasia.

Very well written post i must say.

But on the other hand, we cannot deny how the Bachahan surname has relevently added to her prestige. There is no denying.i am not talking internationally, but in India being a Bachan bahu means a BIG deal and everyone knows that. I am not saying she is ONLY relevant because of her surname, but it has surely added to it.

Also, i guess just because Abhishek's sacrifices arent documented doesnt mean he doesnt have any input in the relationship or because there are blinds abt AB Sr getting pissed at her work means he is not supportive of her career? I wonder why Ash and Bachan family are pitied against each other, they all benefit from each other and i am not saying in a bad way. Its good when fanily members bring glory to each other!

Agree Fan, marrying into the Bachchan family over a normal non-filmy family has definitely helped her become more approachable and has added to the respect she draws. However, I would say the Bachchan family also benefitted in equal (or more) measure from a bahu like Aishwarya - she brought a lot many laurels to the family than the earlier contenders of the role would have (Karishma and Rani). I would say it was a perfect synergy, where 2 + 2 became 5. They all became stronger and more well respected individually and together.

And I believe Abhishek is indeed a supportive husband and Ash is lucky to have got a man like him among a sea of misogynists and philanderers. That said, my only concern would be if Abhishek keeps quiet if his dad takes a wrong step against Aishwarya (if rumours are true) - I just hope that doesn't happen.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

You are right about aishwarya.(though I really dislike her)

She is every bit relevant with or without the Bachchan surname. She has made a name for herself by her own merit. Nobody can discount that.
The Sanskari bachchans think to highly of themselves and have ego up their asses. 
Amitabh is a hypocrite and MCP. 

You are not overreacting.You have every right to defend your fav like everyone else here or anywhere.

Thank you Grumpy 😊

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
YES.
Ash was a someone before the Bachchans. A world recognizable someone before that. I would argue being known as the bachchan bahu first and not as "the world's most beautiful woman" is a major step down. 

ETA:  So was her mil. The Bachchan bahu tag has not really helped these women, in fact has held them back
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ponymo

Unlike Kajol and many others, she did not bask in the glory of her husband or family to make movies for her even though they could always produce movies for her under the ABCL banner. She never ran behind big banners: fact is she has only one YRF film as the main lead in her whole career and not a single Dharma film so far, despite being offered many!

👏

Yes yes please show us how insecure you REALLY are. You had my sympathies until you showed your true colors by dragging Kajol into all of this. 

So lets get one things cleared today. Why are Ash fans so insecure of Kajol? You have a number of Ash fans making posts about Kajol without any instigation or rhyme OR reason. Why? The comparisons boggle my mind. Its not like Ash and Kajol are in any direct competition. One is a true actress lauded and known for her acting while the other is a beauty queen lauded for her beauty and her family connection. 

Yes there you go i said it "family connection". If you look at Ash's filmography after marriage ALL her movie's are making use of the Bachan connection. Umarao Jaan, Guru, Sarkaar Raj, Raavan...what were those movies if not a use of her family connection. And Ash fans LOVE to use the Dharma/Yash Raj excuse at the same time rejoicing when Karan signed her for a 2 bit role...insecurity? yes indeedy. So tell me, what have Rani, Preity and Kareena achieved after working for Dharma? If Dharma was such a good banner that without its support artist cant thrive then why did those actresses win anything for their won in Karan Johar movies. And the funny thing is same can be said for Ash that a mediocre actress's only saving grace was her work in SLB movies. But then again Deepika and Rani won awards for their performances in SLB's movies so its clear that SLB has the midas touch and not the other way round. And as for Ash refusing "offers" from Dharma/YRF then why has Ash rejected these offers? Other than Dostana why is she such a dialoo that she keeps on giving good movies to other actresses? If Kajol has to be compared to anyone then please compare her to Kareena, someone who can ACTUALLY act and who has made a successful movie after her marriage. 

So in a way YES Ash has used the Bachchan tag to keep herself relevant and in the news. If she was married to a Dr. Nene or Boney Kapoor she wouldn't have been plastered across newspapers all the time. Lets not pretend that Ash is not a shrewd player, she ditched Vivek just because she new she wouldn't be able to hang on to his coattails for longer duration of fame but becoming the Bachachan bahu did the trick.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Whats the commotion about? Can anyone give ma brief summary?
noor321 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL I like Aish and also do find her annoying at times but people saying it's because of the Bachchan tag that she is relevant are living in another world, yes the tag benefitted her and gave her more respect but it also helped the Bachchan family as well. They benefitted with her association as well. 

She may not have had many hit films and not be the greatest actress but her face does her work for her not the bachchan tag. 
Edited by noor321 - 7 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Nice to see you back to your lawyering and essay writing ways. I am so happy that I will say that Bachchans are irrelevant without Ash. Big B should change his name to Amitabh Bachchan Rai.  Edited by MrsKhan - 7 years ago