Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: ibnbattuta

The only reason ADHM created this much buzz is because of ASH.

Take away Ash and what have you got left-RK, Anu, Fawad?

People were mentally zapped by her effervescence onscreen with younger costars like she's from their generation but a notch above. but will hypocrites admit it? 

giphyAEDILHAIMUSHKIL2
Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written. I totally concur. How much ever people discredit or belittle Ash's achievements some facts will not change. Whatever Ash is today is bcoz of her hardwork and dedication. Despite not having a godfather she's established herself as a superstar and a global icon. She was also the first actress Miss World and the first Indian actress to have her statue waxed at the Madame Tssuades and all these achievements much before she got associated to the Bachan tag. In fact the bachchans should be proud that they have got Ash as their Daughter in law not the other way around at all. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

She definitely had tonne of passion & fire with Salman

People may hate me for this, but I feel that Ash was definitely both authentic and passionate when she was with Salman. Something in her changed after her Bacchan alliance. She became more subdued. It was then she got this really pretentious aura. That she was trying to be someone significant rather than herself. I think the reason she came across so beautiful with such sizzling chemistry in ADHM trailer is because she is being herself again. 

I don't think AB Jr is the problem. He seems to be a genuine guy with a good sense of humor. He does come across as very supportive and caring for his wife. But I feel AB Sr the patriarch has this level of expectation from the Bacchan clan and everyone is held hostage by it. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^^ Nailed it with force.

I feel exactly the same, Hadey. There is this unsaid, very polite coercion wherein everyone of them has to submit to this pseudo-sanskaari & pretentious aura. It's lovely to be cultured, Humble, nice etc & we see that in Jr-- But Sr just comes off as some refined robot. I wouldn't say ARB was authentic per se, with Salman, but there was a heck-tonne of Fire & smokey passion between the two & she seems to miss that with Jr. But in some of her more candid moments, she seems to be far more relaxed around him. Pre- Salman & definitely during it & later, she was extremely uptight & very very guarded which is completely natural since she was held hostage by that Psychopath & later, her career was nearly ruined before good sense prevailed & she decided to move onto pastures which allowed her far bigger visibility-- In any case, Passion is awesome yet over-rated in the long run, it's friendship & safety that matters for a calm & good family life. She seems to have that with Jr, even now when he looks like all he wants to do is run away. Far, faaar away! He just isn't a regular Bachchan & thank God for that. All said & done, Jaya brought SBN & Jr up, impeccably, seems to have made sure none of their fathers antics & extramarital conduct touched them. But the pressure is mostly Big B & Ash's personality fits RIGHT IN. She isn't out of place, in the least, personality-wise.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thread closed for several instigatory posts attacking members/fan groups.

- BW DT