When Push Comes To Shove - An FF . Chapter 36 posted : page 44

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi. This story starts about 7-8 months from where the show ended. Let me warn you that you will find very little romance in this story . It is deals more with the characters' professions and the problems they face and how they overcome them. Please feel free to give ur honest criticism. Apologies in advance for the grammatical errors 😆. I know the forum is very less active now so any little encouragement will be welcome.

CHAPTER 1 - The Silent Night 

Adarsh was standing on the brigde over a canal in the outskirts of delhi looking carelessly towards the factory chimneys bellowing clouds of smoke which covered the night sky. Adarsh loved the night. And he loved driving through the city roads at night. The quietness, the desolation, the occasional darkness broken by the street lights and giant advertment hoardings, everything filled him with fascination. But today he had no time to indulge in such fantasies.  Today his mind was filled with several thoughts . His superior has asked him to do something that  was completely against his principles. Till now he has never compromised on them neither does he intend to do so in future. He has been threatened time and again with transfer but was saved by his father everytime.  However this time it was not in Dad 's hands. Manohar  has been suspended till the judicial enquiry of Delhi blast is over. He never asked for manohar's favours but he knew it was due to him that he is still posted in the capital.  He looked at the dirty waters of the canal. It looked more like a large sewer.  You have to look intently to find out that the water is actually moving. The effluents from the factory is being dumped in the canal waters which has clogged it.  The people of the slum nearby use the canal waters for their daily use. He has been asked to prepare a report on the condition of the canal by the ministry. But he has also been strictly instructed to give a clean chit to the factory.  Apparently the factory owner has strong connections and  also a criminal background. 

"jiya re , mai kya Tere bin... "

Suddenly his train of thought was broken by the ribeing of his phone.  It was swadheenta on the other side. He picked it up

"hello swadheenta.. U r still awake?? "

Swadheenta : "when are you going to be back.?  This has become a routine now adarsh. I know you are not at the office.  I have been noticing you for a week now. You are worried about something.  Why don't you share it. "

Adarsh:" l am sorry swadheenta. I  didn't mean to bother you.  I am on my way home,  will come back and  talk. " 

He puts the phone down and gets into his car.

A bad dream woke suhasini up.  She Got up , wiped the sweat off her forehead and switched on the night lamp . Manohar was not in the bed.  She shifted her gaze towards the balcony.  The silhouette of Manohar could be seen leaning against the wall of the balcony. He has been turned into an insomniac of late. He is worried about his job, his career and rightly so. Exposing the system does not absolve him of his own mistakes. He is part of the system and he will also have to pay the price.  He has been  suspended already. There are chances that he might get terminated.  Times have become  really tough Now. Their friends are leaving their side Now. The minister has been prodding manohar  to take all blame upon himself. Jaidev has already been transferred. It is a matter of time before the axe falls on adarsh too.  Suhasini cannot let all this happen before her eyes. She cannot let her husband and her son's  career be ruined. She will have to find a way out.  She has to...  
Edited by Idiotboxer - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow. Loving it. Some of the ardent followers of this show still complain that this aspect of the show and their professions was not tapped into. So glad that you are writing about it. Please continue. The few of us that are here will certainly encourage you 😊
Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks dear for starting a new ff really enjoyed this version of the show pls do update next part soon waiting eagerly for the next update dear 
Idiotboxer thumbnail
Thanks everyone for liking.. 😳 
I always thought that the bureaucracy aspect was given a tad bit less importance in the show esp.  Wrt the male lead. I typed the chapter last night and posted it without even going thru it once.  Luks lyk the Autocorrect has really screwed it up at certain places. I will do the necessary edits and post the next chapter today itself hopefully. I shall try to change the  font also from the next chapter  as it becomes really cumbersome to read the whole thing in the same font. 😊
Edited by Idiotboxer - 7 years ago
chemgirl thumbnail
Nice start. ..loved it. ...its a different kind

so the Sinhas are in trouble? Hope Adarsh findsa way out of the situation.

Hope you update soon ...waiting eagerly

Idiotboxer thumbnail
CHAPTER 2 - A Beacon Burning Bright 
Suhasini slowly walked up to her husband and stood beside him,  gently putting her palm over his. Manohar looked towards her. The lines on his forehead seemed to have gone deeper. There was darkness,  despair and anxiety in his eyes. 

Manohar : " Do you think I  will lose my job?.  Do you think  I am going to be put behind bars?? "

Manohar has put into words her worst fears. This was the nightmare that has jolted her up from her sleep. Suhasini stared at the distance and spoke 

"I  do not want to give you any false promises.  But given the evidences against  you there are chances... "

Manohar interrupted her midway

"You know why I did what I did. If I had not made those compromises down the road I would not have been in such a high position today. Once you become part of the system it starts having a vise like grip on you. It will make you do what it wants.  You cannot exercise Your Own discretion,  your own good sense. Otherwise you'll  remain at the bottom. But now when I have broken free of that grip, I am finding myself totally lost.  I want to change,  I want to reform the system, not spent the rest of my life languishing behind bars"

Suhasini was silent. She loved Manohar. But she also knew that he manipulated her time and again. And she let it be. Theirs was a marriage of convenience. A lawyer and a civil servant. Both were going to be of immense help to each other and it has.  Today also Managed expected her to pull him out of this situation. Not that she didn't herself want to.  She could never bear to see him behind bars. The honking of a car brought her out of her thoughts. Adarsh has returned home. It has not escaped suhasini that her son has been really worried of late.  She did not enquire about it from him.  She knew he and Swadheenta would solve any problem that comes their way. If they need her advice they would not hesitate to ask her. Atleast swadheenta won't.  They have not married for convenience. Their marriage has borne out of pure love.  And in the past seven months she has witnessed how strong their bond was.  A bright spot amidst all the darkness around them. 

The pleasant scent of incensed candles teased Adarsh's senses as he entered his room. The music player was playing a beautiful soft rock .

"I know just how to whisper
And I know just how to cry
I know just where to find the answers
 and I know just how to lie.. "

Adarsh loved the song. He looked around and could not find his wife. Out of fatigue he sat down on the couch and closed his eyes. Suddenly he felt her slender fingers running thru his  hair. All the worries, all the tiredness seemed to vanish into thin air as he let his body relax with the soothing lyrics and even more soothing head massage. 
After sometime Swadheenta gently asked

" What is it Adarsh?  What is bothering you?? "

Adarsh slowly explained her ever thing and asked her for his advice.  Swadheenta promptly replied. 

"whatever may happen Adarsh, never compromise on your principles.  At the end of the day this is what you are going to take away with you. Do not worry about the transfer. Infact take it as a new learning opportunity. "

Adarsh replied : "I  am not worried about the transfer. But the factory owner is a known criminal. I am worried about the threat to our lives  "

Swadheenta : " why are you forgetting that you have not one but two lawyers in your house now. If they so much as hurt a single hair of yours we are not going to spare them. " 

She smiled. What a beautiful smile it was. The smile that gave him the strength to fight every adversity in life. The song has been playing in loop for sometime. He noticed the lyrics :

"You can take the darkness at the pit of the night 
And turn into a beacon burning endlessly bright"

Adarsh held her hand and pulled her closer to her. Just then her phone started ringing .
Swadheenta sprang up in attention. Without even looking at the phone she ran towards the door... 

Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks a ton dear for the update really liked it will wait for the next update eagerly dear
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh man, a cliff hanger... whose call is it? 😳

Great update. They will solve all their problems... exactly what Manohar and Suhasini did, but Swadheenta and Adarsh will do it the right way! 
Sana_Jannat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
👏
who's the caller?!
👍🏼 right about swadarsh,its difference between Suhasini-Manohor & Swadarsh ..waiting for next
.. Edited by Sana_Jannat - 7 years ago
Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Thanks a ton dear for the update really liked it will wait for the next update eagerly dear

Thank you. This is a long story so I will have to rush. Will post the next update soon.