Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I can't help being cheeky - did you take the sloka translation from here: http://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/3438/how-is-the-existence-of-krishnas-8-chief-wives-reconciled-with-the-idea-of-vish
I recognised it because of how Krsna was spelt.😆😉

So what exactly am I allowed to discuss here?😆
Like only facts about the Eight Queens, or different perspectives of different authors and something like that?
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

I can't help being cheeky - did you take the sloka translation from here: http://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/3438/how-is-the-existence-of-krishnas-8-chief-wives-reconciled-with-the-idea-of-vish

I recognised it because of how Krsna was spelt.😆😉

So what exactly am I allowed to discuss here?😆
Like only facts about the Eight Queens, or different perspectives of different authors and something like that?

Of course you are ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Anything about the Bharya ðŸ˜‰
@bold- That is one of the main intentions, yes.

Knowing us, we will end up connecting everything to something else. Hope people don't get fed up with us ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Thank you so much Janudi and Sruthadi for making this thread! This'll make life much easier! :D
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
congrats on opening the thread :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

In the spiritual world, Govinda, Lord Krishna is served by hundreds and thousands of Laksmis. This is mentioned in Brahma Samhita 5.29

cintamani-prakara-sadmasu kalpa-vrksa-

laksavrtesu surabhir abhipalayantam

laksmi-sahasra-sata-sambhrama-sevyamanam

govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor who is tending the cows, yielding all desire, in abodes built with spiritual gems, surrounded by millions of purpose trees, always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousands of laksmis or gopis.

Radharani is the chief among all the above Laksmis. All Laksmis are Her expansions and She is mentioned in the Brhad-gautamiya-tantra and cited in Caitanya Caritamrta Adi lila 4.83

devi krsna-mayi prokta

radhika para-devata

sarva-laksmi-mayi sarva-

kantih sammohini para

"The transcendental goddess Srimati Radharani is the direct counterpart of Lord Sri Krsna. She is the central figure for all the goddesses of fortune. She possesses all the attractiveness to attract the all-attractive Personality of Godhead. She is the primeval internal potency of the Lord."

Further more it is stated in Caitanya Caritamrta Adi lila 4.77 that the queens of Krishna are reflections of Her image.

CC Adi 4.77 " The goddesses of fortune are partial manifestations of Srimati Radhika, and the queens are reflections of Her image.

SriMaatangi thumbnail
This is where the concept of Radhey being the Jeevatma came from ðŸ˜³
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I really wish Krishna had married Radha!
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

It was Destined; us wishing things won't change it. Their love wouldn't have been as pure as it is if they hadn't been separated; as painful as it was, they are called RadheyKrishna, for their love overcame separation. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

It was Destined; us wishing things won't change it. Their love wouldn't have been as pure as it is if they hadn't been separated; as painful as it was, they are called RadheyKrishna, for their love overcame separation. 

Yeah, I know, but it won't stop me from wishing, lol, just as I wish Abhimanyu had never died.
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I am happy that he did not. Some sagas are best left incomplete.😳