Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I don't really know much about the other bharyas to be honest, but I think it would be Lakshmana as the youngest of the queens. She'd have not only Krishna but seven of his other wives to "compete" with. πŸ˜‰

I feel Lakshmana being the youngest must be the most pampered one and would prank one and all along with Bhama or Krishna.πŸ˜†

I feel Rukmini and Nagnajiti would gel the most.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Meself

I feel Lakshmana being the youngest must be the most pampered one and would prank one and all along with Bhama or Krishna.πŸ˜†

I feel Rukmini and Nagnajiti would gel the most.

Lakshmana was supposedly naughty.

They might, yes πŸ˜†
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Who here has read Lalitha Madhava? 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Guys, I need your help.

One of my friends asked me a question and I want to give her a meaningful answer.

She's a Krishna bhakt and her question is not meant to insult Krishna, but to understand the reasoning behind his actions. So I want to give her a meaningful and valid answer, but I too am stuck on how to answer it.

She asked me why Krishna had so many wives. She said that she understood all wives to be incarnations of Mahalakshmi, and she also accepts the ashtabharya as Lakshmi ansh, but she wondered why Mahalakshmi divided herself into so many forms. What was the purpose?

She said that in Ram avatar, Ram was eka patnivrat and taught people the value of monogamy in an ideal marriage. Why then in Krishna avatar did he practice polygamy, even if all his "wives" were incarnations of the same Goddess?

She said that if each of the wives had served an important purpose in the storyline of Mahabharat, it would have made sense, but although they all had interesting stories, they did not impact the main storyline at all, not like Sita did in Ramayana.

She wonders why Mahalakshmi incarnated so many times. Why not just one incarnation like with Sita? All the stories surrounding the ashtabharya, why couldn't they be accomplished through one lady?

Why did Krishna practice polygamy when in Ram avatar, he gave such important to monogamy? She knows Krishna is a yogi at heart, and she loves Krishna dearly as well as all the ashtabharya, but she just wants to understand Krishna better.

So please help me in giving her a valid answer. Why didn't Mahalakshmi incarnate herself into one bharya for Krishna?
SriMaatangi thumbnail
I'll give you the simplest answer to that:
Many people wanted Mahalakshmi to be their daughter. They did severe tapasya. As Mahalakshmi was pleased with it, she was born in these houses. Mahalakshmi can marry only Mahavishnu. So Krishna had 8 wives, 8 Ashtalakshmi.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

I'll give you the simplest answer to that:

Many people wanted Mahalakshmi to be their daughter. They did severe tapasya. As Mahalakshmi was pleased with it, she was born in these houses. Mahalakshmi can marry only Mahavishnu. So Krishna had 8 wives, 8 Ashtalakshmi.

Yes, this is also the answer I gave her, and she said she agrees and it makes sense, but she's also wondering that after teaching the world the value of being eka patnivrat, and speaking against polygamy as Lord Ram, why then did Lord Krishna practice it himself. Wouldn't society then say that being eka patnivrat is not necessary?

Basically, she loves Krishna a lot and it hurts he to see people insulting him, but she cannot answer them back without understanding it herself.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Oh, and she also asked that if Mahalakshmi could be born in many houses, then why couldn't Maha Vishnu also take multiple avatars, so that each of his avatars could marry each of Mahalakshmi's avatars, and thus his teachings about monogamy could be preserved also.
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Yes, this is also the answer I gave her, and she said she agrees and it makes sense, but she's also wondering that after teaching the world the value of being eka patnivrat, and speaking against polygamy as Lord Ram, why then did Lord Krishna practice it himself. Wouldn't society then say that being eka patnivrat is not necessary?

Basically, she loves Krishna a lot and it hurts he to see people insulting him, but she cannot answer them back without understanding it herself.

But isn't Krishna also Eka Patnivrat, as all are forms of Mahalakshmi? We have to view Him through a Divine lens. 
Another story is that Krishna went to every single maiden who called out His name with purity and true love and devotion. The only ones other than Radhey and Gopis were the Bharya who could establish it in the romantic sense.
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Oh, and she also asked that if Mahalakshmi could be born in many houses, then why couldn't Maha Vishnu also take multiple avatars, so that each of his avatars could marry each of Mahalakshmi's avatars, and thus his teachings about monogamy could be preserved also.

Mahavishnu could, but at that time, He was meant to be born only to Devaki and Vasudeva. No one asked to have Him as a son. None except Devaki and Vasudeva in their previous birth. God is tied by words, He is bound. Till a Devotee prays to God for this, He won't give it. 
RadhikaBr. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I really wish Krishna had married Radha!

Some love stories never have endings, and their virah for each other makes us feel how great they are, and how string they are as characters πŸ˜Š But yes, i too wish, he has marriead Radha. But, I saw a very old movie, where it was shown Radha was already married to some Ayan Yadav..is ot true?? Just curious to ask this, as I have npt much knowledge abt this😲
Edited by RadhikaBr. - 7 years ago