Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: .:Aphrodite:.

[quote] I cant accept a bunch of jokers who dont belong to my country and who have nothing to do what we have, calling our judicial system wrong.PERIOD..You can call me a fanatic Patriot....[/quote]

Same goes to desi people who go to US/UK etc and then badmouth the country, people, culture and act like they are superior than everyone else

raksha, i hope you are also outraged by Kajol's character in kabhi khushi kabhi gham where she is living in UK, reading the country's benifits and badmouthing it at the same time.. and also many other indian movies where they do that..

it works both ways.. Many Indians get so touchy when people say anything about India and yet they don't think twice before dissing other cultures

EXACTLY!!! 👏👏👏
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:Aphrodite:.

[quote] I cant accept a bunch of jokers who dont belong to my country and who have nothing to do what we have, calling our judicial system wrong.PERIOD..You can call me a fanatic Patriot....[/quote]

Same goes to desi people who go to US/UK etc and then badmouth the country, people, culture and act like they are superior than everyone else

raksha, i hope you are also outraged by Kajol's character in kabhi khushi kabhi gham where she is living in UK, reading the country's benifits and badmouthing it at the same time.. and also many other indian movies where they do that..

it works both ways.. Many Indians get so touchy when people say anything about India and yet they don't think twice before dissing other cultures

Hey, I dont think Indians get touchy for every small thing...In fact we are the ones who adopt to the local cultures right away, albeit keeping our own culture intact(well most of them)..However, this secret living room joking around about the other cultures goes on and I bet even the actual locals of UK/USA and other countries share some secret jokes about us...I dont think I should be bothered with it as long as they dont say it on my face...

I asked once, and will ask it again...Tell me, can you get away with a 'bloody whites' or 'Dumbo blondes' in the streets of London, right in front of their Police???

My problem is with those people saying these things in open, in our very own country..If this is the case, then what security do the Indians have outside of India???

I am so raged about this because I respect every culture and I believe in the principle that 'Do unto others what you do unto yourself'...One cannot respect one's own culture, until and unless he learns to respect other cultures equally...

Cheers,
Raksha😃
Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

I was kidding Raksha 😳

Of course I knew it yaar...😎
sareg thumbnail

If I am mistaken, how this would work in the US
If someone wants to film on a my child's school, they have to get permission, if they do after permission. The parents are not able to pick their kids and on top they are pushed and shoved or yelled at

1. The school district gets sued big time
2. The principal loses the job
3. The bodyguards go to jail
4. The state gets sued for millions for not filing a complaint on time
5. Mr Pitt/Ms Jolie get to do community service(meaning sweeping roads, cleaning drainage's, picking up litter from a publicly accessed street)
Mr Pitt/Ms Jolie would certainly get seperated from a lot of millions

This is before someone call the citizens of that district by racial slurs

Being asked to be deported from India is asking for far less as comparable to what will happen in the US

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sareg

If someone wants to film on a public property, especially school, they have to get permission, if they do after permission,
and the parents are not able to pick their kids and on top they are pushed and shoved or yelled at

The school district gets sued
The principal loses the job
The bodyguards go to jail
The state gets sued for millions for not filing a complaint on time
Mr Pitt/Ms Jolie get to do community service(meaning sweeping roads, cleaning drainage's, picking up litter from a publicly accessed street)

Being asked to be deported from India is asking for far less as comparable to what will happen in the US

Bang on !!!!!👏👏

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Who are you referring to as the 'bunch of jokers' pray? The parents who were anxious about their children who got pushed and shoved? When it comes to my kid, i would not even spare Amitabh Bachchan, then who is jolie or Pitt, leave alone their bodyguards.....and if they were so concerend, they should have taken police protection.

I think their stand should be to apologise to the public, if nothing else then for all the pushing and shoving they did in school..and the school authority should be taken to the cleaners for allowing for something like this to happen.

Minnie ji, I'd love to feel the way you do. But i don;t.  I have been watching Indian tv for the past 4 months and IT SHOCKS ME to see these "PARENTS" letting their 7 / 8 year olds dance to the tunes of songs like

"beedee jalaile" and several other item numbers of sexual nature🤢 . 
In the name of publicity, I am watching several indian parents TRADE their kid's innocense.  I will say again. I don;t personally know these parents involved in the incident.  I will not blame them, but will doubt their motive. 

What exactly happened is what I'd like to know.  People are insanely crazy about stars.. and children get dragged into this. 
If anybody deserves an apology, it is ONLY the CHILDREN, who witnessed such a brawl. 

I do LACK respect for parents who deck up their daughters to dance on stage some item numbers/ nautanki numbers,  in the name of dance and art, call me old fashioned.  Many Indian parents are that way. 

QT
Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

I am going to answer your other post next..But this is too much for me to bear...

You can lack all the respect for the parents WHO do that..But why are you generalising every parent into the same category???I am still not a parent, but I can understand the sensitivities of a parent when their children are being subjected to such confusion involving guns and rifles...I DONT consider such a place safe for my children and that is exactly what the parents objected to, before the bodyguards resorted to lashing their tounges out.....

And you are saying that you want to know the real information...Pray, what is real for you? A gossip bit from a People's magazine???

Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

If someone wants to film on a my child's school, they have to get permission, if they do after permission. The parents are not able to pick their kids and on top they are pushed and shoved or yelled at

1. The school district gets sued big time
2. The principal loses the job
3. The bodyguards go to jail
4. The state gets sued for millions for not filing a complaint on time
5. Mr Pitt/Ms Jolie get to do community service(meaning sweeping roads, cleaning drainage's, picking up litter from a publicly accessed street)

Exactly my point...👏👏👏
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Did u miss my sentence where i said "I DON'T KNOW THESE PARENTS , hence won;t blame them ??????""  sounds like you did, so no wonder you cannot bear.
One shouldn;t blindly blame angelina either and comment on deporting them, that was my point.
QT

Did I say poeple was real????  i don;t remember so.  I don;t believe in either of those, that's all.  If u post something sleazy from a,ocal newspaper, so can someone else in another light. No need to judge and attack me asking what is real for me.  I can rate magazines for crying out loud 😆😆😆

QT