Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
As I said, i would not have any anti-feelings until I see on tape what happened.. 😕 Several anti-american anti-white emotions are abundant in our country, lets accept that. I don't know how it started and i guess apologies, would be fair enough. Being deported???? Hello?? just sounds like a very anti-angelina feeling altogether to me.

As about INDIA's PRIDE & HONOUR, time and time again, CRICKET PLAYERS from Australia have said extremly racist remarks CAUGHT ON AUDIO / VIDEO during the Match. Why the hell do we invite them and associate with those racists? Just cause half of Indians won't call life what lacks entertainment throgh cricket?? Why angelina;s body guard is so different from a racist aussie cricketer?

mQT
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Haila !! So many angry faces !!! Raksha, remember the Gandhian principles ????😉

I would have wondered what would have happened if the crowd had shoved another child at the bodyguards to push or tried to talk peace with him.....🤔

Minnie, Gandhian principles does not suggest you to gulp down the insult and flash a smiley face....😊..Gandhiji himself was a person of very high temper...Only he used it in a proper channel and got things done...😛

The parents have indeed followed Gandhism when they went ahead and registered a complaint against these creeps...Yeah, its another thing that those set of police turned out to be bigger creeps...

mermaid_QT thumbnail

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1560615,00.html

Angelina Jolie Speaks Out About Bodyguard Arrests

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2006 10:00AM EST

Angelina Jolie Photo by: RameyAngelina Speaks Out About Bodyguard Arrests | Angelina Jolie
Following the arrest of three of Angelina Jolie's bodyguards for allegedly roughing up parents at a school in India, the actress has spoken out about the incident.

"It is not surprising that the press involved failed to mention their share of the responsibility in the chaos," Jolie said in a statement.

According to Reuters, Indian police detained three of the actress's bodyguards on Friday after parents complained the men had manhandled them and their children at an Islamic school in Mumbai where Jolie was filming a scene for A Mighty Heart.

Mohammed Yusuf Patni, general secretary of the Anjuman-e-Islam school's Parent Teacher Association, told the Associated Press, "This Jolie's bodyguard called one parent, 'You bloody Indian.' "

In her statement, Jolie said, "As for this horrible rumor that someone referred to a local man as a 'bloody Indian,' let me say this: I would never work with anyone that was derogatory towards another man's race. My family is of mixed race."

According to reports, the fracas took place as parents tried to get into the school to pick up their children on Thursday and guards tried to keep paparazzi out.

"We have arrested three people. They are in jail now and will be produced in court," Brajesh Singh, Mumbai's deputy commissioner of police, told Reuters. He did not give a date for the court hearing.

i do believe what she said. i doubt her bodyguards would make a racist comment. if they did, she will not support them. ofcourse i understand that not everyone needs to believe thsi article. Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

To quote Buffie's article: Irfan Khan, an eyewitness who pacified the irate crowd at Anjuman-e-Islaam School in south Mumbai, said one bodyguard threatened people and called them "bloody Indians", pushed a small child, and misbehaved with a woman.

Irfan is an Indian actor ( a very good one if I might add) is a part of this movie and one of the main reasons why the movie is being shot in India - he was denied a Pakistani visa - came out with this. So I guess there is some truth to what happened.

Even if we accept that Inidan Public does not keep a respectable distance with the celebrities, here we are talking about parents who filed the complaint. All said and done, Angie Jolie might be the biggest name in Hollywood, but she would still loose if Aishwarya came anywhere near the place where she was shooting...😆. My point is, a crowd being a crowd will behave in a certain fashion in most of these countries and I am sure the whole crew is aware of this fact. It is this very junta who has made them millionares. So the onus was on them to make sure the place was barricaded in a right manner for the shot to take place successfully. Or else they should have created a studio......

Pitt, Khan meet Mumbai police commissioner
PTI
Friday, November 17, 2006  19:35 IST

MUMBAI: Brad Pitt and actor Irfan Khan on Friday met city Police Commissioner A N Roy to discuss the alleged manhandling of people at a school here during the shooting of "A Might Heart" that stars Angelina Jolie.

Pitt, the producer of the movie, and Khan told Roy that Jolie's bodyguards had not used racial and religious slurs against parents or mediapersons at the school on Thursday, police sources said.

Aarti and Kailash Surendranath of the film's local production group were present during the 20-minute meeting, the sources said.

Three of Jolie's bodyguards were arrested on Friday on charges of arousing religious passions and causing hurt to parents. They were later released on bail.

The bodyguards had allegedly manhandled 12 people, including two mediapersons, and passed racial remarks outside the Badruddin Tyebji High School in south Mumbai where Jolie was shooting.

HMMMM....  
Qt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Ok this is another hurl of insults by Jolie..Did she mean to say that the respectable parents were lying???the India police arrested those three buffoons wrongly?

Insulting the media too??? ..Good, now we will see some good publicity for her by the media... 😆 ...

Poor lady, she just added some fuel to the fire...Argghh, she is also saying that Indian Police were wrong...How can we accept a foreigner saying such things to us, right on our own land...

I prefer to believe in Irfan Khan, who is an eye witness at the site..Jolie did not specify if she was also present there at that time...So I disqualify her lip service regarding 'not working with a racist'... 🤢

Initially I was not for blaming Angelian Jolie for something she did not do...But by supporting her bunch of jokers she now needs to Apologise... 😡
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

One possible angle: people who raised this issue do not wish the subjct of the movie to be seen in proper light...so taint it before the movie is even completed.

i was afraid to make this statement, but I strongly feel the same way.  The minute I read the post, I felt it. 
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Ok this is another hurl of insults by Jolie..Did she mean to say that the respectable parents were lying???the India police arrested those three buffoons wrongly?
Insulting the media too??? ..Good, now we will see some good publicity for her by the media... 😆 ...

is the media unbiassed and right at all times?  or just when white / foreigner complains, it hurts us?

Poor lady, she just added some fuel to the fire...Argghh, she is also saying that Indian Police were wrong...How can we accept a foreigner saying such things to us, right on our own land...

do u mean to say our police are epitomes of ideal behaviour? 
1) how many indians vouch was a just and judicial police dept ?
2) What if Aishwarya blamed the police for not taking care of salman issues?
that was okay, just becos ash seems like  a white wanna-be .. errr hollywood beauty i mean  and not original white ?
PS i know ash is irrelevant here, but she was mentioned earlier in comparison with jolie, hence used her eg.

I prefer to believe in Irfan Khan, who is an eye witness at the site..Jolie did not specify if she was also present there at that time...So I disqualify her lip service regarding 'not working with a racist'... 🤢

and according to an article in PEOPLE magazine, he has contradicted himself within 12 hours?

Initially I was not for blaming Angelian Jolie for something she did not do...But by supporting her bunch of jokers she now needs to Apologise... 😡
apologize to who?  another bunch of jokers, PLAUSIBLY negating her movie /  craving for publicity? 

mQT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
Brad Pitt apologises to police chief

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Friday, November 17, 2006 at 2011 hours IST

Mumbai, November 17: Three bodyguards of top Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie were arrested here today on the charge of manhandling people, an incident for which her companion Brad Pitt subsequently apologised to the police.

Advertisement
The three bodyguards -- Thomas Edward Mcadams, Robert Patrick Donne and Michael John Bretti -- were later granted bail by a local court. They were arrested on charges of criminal intimidation and passing racial slurs.

The incident occurred yesterday during the shooting at a school in south Mumbai of Jolie's film A Mighty Heart, which is being produced by Pitt.

After Pitt and actor Irfan Khan, who also appears in the film, called on him, Police Commissioner A N Roy said, "They had come to apologise. They clarified that causing any hurt to people's sentiments was not the intention of the bodyguards.

"I've asked him (Pitt) to speak to the media which he will be doing shortly."

Roy said the film crew had not obtained permission to shoot at Badruddin Tyebji High School from police, "due to which yesterday's incident occurred".

Ten parents and two mediapersons had complained to police that they were abused and manhandled by Jolie's bodyguards.

Roy said his force had provided security to the film unit wherever it had asked permission to shoot. Yesterday's incident is being thoroughly investigated, he added.

To a query whether police would provide extra security to the Hollywood couple, Roy said, "They have not asked for any such thing and the question does not arise."

DCP (Zone I) Brijesh Singh told PTI, "Henceforth, we will not allow them to shoot at locations where permission has not been sought to avoid such inciden

Courtesy:Indian Express...

Apparently they DID apologise...

And now I would wait for the press conference...
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Minnie, Gandhian principles does not suggest you to gulp down the insult and flash a smiley face....😊..Gandhiji himself was a person of very high temper...Only he used it in a proper channel and got things done...😛

The parents have indeed followed Gandhism when they went ahead and registered a complaint against these creeps...Yeah, its another thing that those set of police turned out to be bigger creeps...

I was kidding Raksha 😳

Aanandaa thumbnail