Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lighthouse thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This is all in a days work for a celebrity, handling PR crisis. The same media and public will put her on pedestal when she adopts an Indian baby...

It would be nice if Angie apologised on behalf of her staff.
bhilwara thumbnail
[quote=abhijit_shukla]Let us face it, Indian crowds do not keep the repsecteble distance from celebrities...especially the ones they consider a sex object. [/quote]
Exactly...the production house should have known that too. They should have expected it and better adjuted to the the way our junta behaves on street. And if they can't come to that understanding then they should be kicked out and forced to shoot it where the story of Daniel Perl originally took place, Karachi Pakistan.
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhilwara

[quote=abhijit_shukla]Let us face it, Indian crowds do not keep the repsecteble distance from celebrities...especially the ones they consider a sex object. [/quote]
Exactly...the production house should have known that too. They should have expected it and better adjuted to the the way our junta behaves on street. And if they can't come to that understanding then they should be kicked out and forced to shoot it where the story of Daniel Perl originally took place, Karachi Pakistan.

Exactly my point.

Its really sad that a 'Dumbo White' yet again got away....Our Indian police yet again failed to react in the right time😡...No wonder in the movies they show them coming only at the fag end, after Hero has taken care of everything...🤢

And as an icing on cake, read this...The lawyer who got them bail is also an Indian and what more, read what he has to say about the whole thing.😡

3 bodyguards of Angelina held, granted bail Friday, 17 November , 2006, 16:42

Mumbai: Three bodyguards of Hollywood star Angelina Jolie were arrested on Friday on charges of arousing religious passions and causing hurt to parents who were trying to enter their children's school where the actor was shooting for a film.

The trio were produced before a local court, which granted them bail in the sum of Rs 25,000 each. They have been asked to report to Azad Maidan police station every day till November 23.

Thomas Edward Mcadams, Robbert Patrick Donne and Machael John Bretti were charged under IPC sections 323 (causing hurt), section 298 (uttering words to wound religious feelings, section 504 (intentional insult to provoke breach of peace) and section 506 (criminal intimidation).

Seeking their police custody, the prosecution said they were carrying weapons at the time of the incident and the arms were yet to be recovered from them. Their bail was opposed on the ground that the charge of intimidation was non-bailable.

However, defence lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani argued that section 506 IPC was bailable and they should be freed. He also said they were not carrying weapons at the time of the incident.

Jethmalanai said the bodyguards of the actor had not showered verbal abuses on the people and the allegations in this regard were totally baseless and false. He said the bodyguards were protecting celebrities and hence they were just being over enthusiastic. Jethmalani said it was a simple case and much noise had been made about it.

Police arrested the trio after complaints were lodged against them in Azad Maidan police station on Thursday evening by a group of parents from Badruddin Tayyabji school run by Anjuman-e-Islam in South Mumbai.

The complainants alleged they were manhandled by the bodyguards who hurled racial remarks while they were trying to enter the school during the shooting of film A Mighty Heart.

Angelina's bodyguards had also manhandled a British photojournalist in Pune in October.

The Hollywood actress and her partner Brad Pitt are now in India in connection with the shoot of a film based on the life of slain Wall Street Journal correspondent Daniel Pearl.

Source:http://headlines.sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14333 093&headline=Angelina's~bodyguards~granted~bail

Cheers,

Raksha

Edited by raksha.l - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail
Actually these abused people werent the "aam junta" or the loafers..They were the parents of the children who studied in that school...During dimissal time,wouldnt they be taken by surprise if they arent allowed to take their kids home,orif they are asked to wait till the shooting ends without any prior notification....

My sister goes to school,and I'm sure my mother would have reacted the same way some of these parents did if she doesnt find my sister...On top of that,if she's abused and called a "bloody Indian",her ire would be aroused and rightly so.....

QT,I dont think decent parents who live a normal life and who dont have any criminal record would go to falsify a bodyguard unfairly,afterall,its takes time and energy,to go to the police station and file an FIR.....Just shows how much their sentiments and emotions were hurt and trampled upon,Angie might be THE ANGELINA JOLIE to her bodyguards,to normal Indian parents,she means nothing!Why should they take this BS from foreigners....
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Exactly my point.

Its really sad that a 'Dumbo White' yet again got away....Our Indian police yet again failed to react in the right time😡...No wonder in the movies they show them coming only at the fag end, after Hero has taken care of everything...🤢

And as an icing on cake, read this...The lawyer who got them bail is also an Indian and what more, read what he has to say about the whole thing.😡

Well,F🤬 that lawyer,I wouldnt be surprised if money power is used to get an aquittal too🤢....Bttomline..Money matters more than national pride🤢

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail
If it was in America, the same incident would have been blowed beyond proportions and by now the offenders would have been behind the bars with a large DOLLAR amounts for bails on them.

And in India they got away with a mere Rs.25000/- per head..While I am glad that atleast we did this much, but saying that this whole matter was a common occurance, is not only insulting,but mighty disgusting.

These foreigners better know how to behave with locals...In a largely populated country like India, they were to expect a certain amount of mobbing in the first place...And here we are not even talking about the general star crazy mobs...For crying out loud,we are talking about the concerned parents, who have every right to question about their children's safety...

NKSUDHIR thumbnail
I think there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for any RACIST COMMENTS regardless of who the person is. They should be banned to come back to India.
Yes, for Body Gaurd's acts, we cannot punish Jolie or Pitt; India should be impartial while deciding on their actions.
Congrats Buffie for 6000 posts. WOW, I salute you for your enegry level.
Neelam
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

hello lovely girls! Looks like I am the first one with opposite views.  As an Indian, I do feel the rage against someone allegedly using the term Bloody Indian. 
Celebrities tend to hate crowds, media & reporters for obvious reasons.  That's a known & justifiable fact.  Another fact is that over-populated locations such as India can be overwhelming to foreigners.  Why just foreigners? Even NRIs tend to get overwhelmed and hyper because of excessive crowd.  That surely doesn;t qualify anyone to call our contrymen "bloody".  However, I would like to hear more.  I don't know many Americans who use the term "bloody".  It has a Brit influence to it.  (I may be wrong, but that's my observation for past several years). 
Angelina and Brad have adopted several children from under-developed countries.  Whether it is a publicity stunt / otherwise is not my concern.  They will be UTMOST careful in mistreating Indians I think.  Angelina has adopted children of other races, I doubt she is a racist / supports any such behaviour by her crew members.  (Most of her children are "needless to mention"!)
Until something stronger comes out of these allegations, I will give Angelina a benefit of doubt.  Hopefully, the bodyguards said something that got misinterpreted.  Talk about frenzied mobs!! One roteen word can get twisted multiple times and come out as something else.  If they did use bad language / if there really was a serious brawl, then they should be punished and she should be made to apologize.  I think she herself will if proven guilty. 
Whether for "publicity", "popularity" or "humanity", "racism' cannot be a word in Angelina's dictionary.  It was in fact rumored that she would like to adopt an Indian baby.  We'll wait and watch.

mQT

To quote Buffie's article: Irfan Khan, an eyewitness who pacified the irate crowd at Anjuman-e-Islaam School in south Mumbai, said one bodyguard threatened people and called them "bloody Indians", pushed a small child, and misbehaved with a woman.

Irfan is an Indian actor ( a very good one if I might add) is a part of this movie and one of the main reasons why the movie is being shot in India - he was denied a Pakistani visa - came out with this. So I guess there is some truth to what happened.

Even if we accept that Inidan Public does not keep a respectable distance with the celebrities, here we are talking about parents who filed the complaint. All said and done, Angie Jolie might be the biggest name in Hollywood, but she would still loose if Aishwarya came anywhere near the place where she was shooting...😆. My point is, a crowd being a crowd will behave in a certain fashion in most of these countries and I am sure the whole crew is aware of this fact. It is this very junta who has made them millionares. So the onus was on them to make sure the place was barricaded in a right manner for the shot to take place successfully. Or else they should have created a studio......

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Exactly my point.

Haila !! So many angry faces !!! Raksha, remember the Gandhian principles ????😉

I would have wondered what would have happened if the crowd had shoved another child at the bodyguards to push or tried to talk peace with him.....🤔

Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

That's what I was asking.  I would wait for a more susbstantial statement.  Words can be put into mouths. I do know that several Indians bad mouth White people, call them DUMB blondes and what not.   I would like to see a clipping actually, where he used the term bloody and that too in a racist manner, before getting agitated.   Also, just my personal opinion.

mQT

Oh, tell me who call them DUMB blondes in public and get away??You know it and I know it too, that its impossible to get away with such racist comments made in the public(Now I am not talking about the living room banters)...

Well, the victims here are unfortunately mere parents of some regular children..Had it been some high fi person, you and I would have been able to see a whole clipping of the incident..

In India its so hard to get the aam insaan to a police station just like that...And imagine if these parents resorted to complaining against a white guy that too...It doesnt make for any logical reasoning to call these parents liars...( I know you did not come up with that word, but you meant it)

Any proud Indian would take offense to such racist remarks esp. coming from a Non-Indian. Brangelina and team were allowed to create Karachi in India because they were frightened to shoot in Pakistan for security reasons and now their bodyguards behave in such a ruthless manner to our friendly country. Still I think this one incident is blown out of proportion because it involves one of the famous star couple in the world. I don't think there is any need to deport the guards. Demanding a public apology and imposing a fine should be enough.

It is not that in America they get away with such comments. Anyone read about this incident? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08 /14/AR2006081400589_pf.html