Domestic Violence

bussbuzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
The way shamsher treats aradhya is not what the tv shows shud promote.seeing her walking on glass..making her eat mirchi .. throwing her on the floor and after that just showing one glimpse of remorse and everybody goes gaga on how hes so caring. this show and a bit others show manhood in a wrong light to the youth. only slapping the girl is left. i am watching kankar these days and that show is a perfect reply to piya rangrez and the true depiction of what a woman does when she is treated badly.
And i am sorry to compare both the shows but i cudnt help it. the storylines are very diff but the characters of leads are very very similar. both the guys truely love their wives but can not stop themselves of showing anger and manhandling . only slapping is not domestic violence what piya rangrez shows is torture. i hate when the concept of a rugged guy who mistreats his beau is shown bcz it gives the wrong msg and top it all the fact that love will change him is even more unrealistic. somethings are not acceptable. call me a feminist but bad behaviour towards women has become hindi drama shows norm now. girls think it is cool when arnav singh raiza talks rudely to her women ( still cant compare him to shee cuz that guy had class). 

Moreover i am fine with the argument that shamsher is brought up in gaon type mahol so naturally he will be like this ( not sterotyping) but then the girl should not end up with him like in kankar fahad mustafas character sketch had been justified that he was like the way he was because of his upbringing but the makers ended with the heroine leaving him for a culutred guy because his way is not the right way and should not be promotoed. Moreover the heroine is very happy tolerating this in piya rangrez. this gives a wrong preception that even if the husbands are bad the women should wait their whole lives so their love can change them and not stand up. this why i am so impressed with Tammanah starplus she knew the man was not worth her and stood up. the audeince has gotten so fooled that we dont judge a character by his deeds but by the background music . if shamsher is doing same ditto thing as tamannahs hubby but the background score is piyaaa o piyaaa instead of some negavtve then we say awww hes so caring.

Television reaches to wide masses and the cvs should have a sense of social responsibility
Edited by bussbuzz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaNan_Addict thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post!👏 I truly agree with everything you said. All this looks good only on onscreen. I can't imagine what it would be like if this were to happen in real life. It's sad how television shows women without any backbone. How can you fall in love with the guy who stays mum when his family is torturing you instead of standing up for you? 😕 In my opinion, Aaradhya should have left Shamsher ages ago. No one should have to suffer this kinda torture in a hope that the guy will change one day. 
saniaabrar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
And this is the reason why I stopped watching PR...And started watching Tamanna & Dehleez...Tamanna us an awesome show...It shows everything right
...I love Tamanna...