~ Building Life ~ (A Swadarsh FF) ~ Note, Page 76

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I intend to tell a happy story of 2 people, Adarsh and Swadheenta, through their daily experiences, a simple story of a simple and happy family. Of-course they will have their up's and down's like any normal family, and they will support each other through it all. 

Join their journey if you think it will be fun. I am posting the first part today.

Index

Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
When things are meant to happen, they happen!

It was a casual evening at the Sinha's. Suhasini, a 55 year old mother of 3 boys and one of the most accomplished lawyers in the country, had made it a general rule at home to ensure that unless under exceptional circumstances, everyone gathered together for breakfast every morning, and dinner every night. So, here they were, enjoying their dinner after a stressful day at work. She looked around the table enjoying the joyful banter of her children and her 2 bahu's.

Despite having a stressful career herself, Suhasini had gone out of her way to make sure her boys did not miss the presence of their parents in their lives. Be it their sports competitions, debates, exams, Suhasini made sure to be there for them. She was a strong willed woman, and expected some basic discipline from her family. But mostly, she was an understanding mother. Of-course, to give credit where credit is due, her husband Manohar had supported her completely. An IAS officer by profession, Manohar had to be away from home a lot of times, and mostly at odd hours. As a young officer trying to prove himself, he took it upon himself to manage the minutest of tasks, and that kept him away from home a lot. But whenever he could, he always helped her with managing the house. 

When Jaidev, her oldest son, graduated with an IPS degree, Suhasini had proposed that he tie the knot with her close friend Subha's daughter Jaya. Jaya, a couple of years younger than Jaidev was a very sweet girl and a teacher by profession. She was a simple girl who believed that teaching the youth to do the right thing was the way forward for our country, and her simplicity had impressed Suhasini. However, Jaidev had other ideas for himself and did not wish to get married at 25 years of age. Suhasini's constant influence finally broke his resolve, and although half-willingly, he had married Jaya. Their marriage had started of with a rocky start, and Suhasini suspected that it was a relationship of compromise even today, 5 years since the wedding. 

With Jaidev - Jaya's wedding experience, Suhasini had willed never to influence the decision of marriage with her other 2 boys. She had encouraged them to meet anyone they liked, but with simple requirements that they should be from cultured families, and with good education. It had hurt her and Manohar immensely when Abhay, their younger son of 25 years, brought home Simmi as his wife. Simmi, also 25 years old, was a school drop-out, and the daughter of a rouge builder, Mr. Ahuja. Abhay, another IPS officer, had met her in the course of his work, and had immediately fallen in love. Owing to some medical conditions of Simmi, he was forced to marry her 6 months ago. Although a little disappointed with her son, Suhasini was still happy to see him content.  

That left Adarsh, her ideal son. Adarsh, her 27 year old was the balance between her other 2 boys. He was always the responsible one who knew exactly what to say, and how to say it. He had this special knack of ensuring that he hurt no-one, and always made everyone happy. A handsome, hard working, brilliant and intelligent boy, he had a very charming demeanor. He unlike his brothers had decided to follow his father's footsteps and had become an IAS officer. Suhasini did not believe that he would ever pursue a girl or fall in love. He certainly was strong willed and mature like his older brother, and a romantic at heart, like his younger one. But he was too respectful and too shy for his own good. He was still single, and Suhasini hoped that he would find someone for himself really soon. 

Today, Manohar had discussed with her regarding an alliance that the CM had proposed for Adarsh. The Bundela's were a rich family and had businesses in various sectors. They were known to fund a lot of the CM's campaigns, and their daughter, Vanshika had been Adarsh's classmate at school. She had always harbored feelings for him, and when consulted about marriage had expressed her interest in Adarsh. Although Suhasini did not like to get involved, and had discouraged Manohar too from pursuing it further, she thought she could use this as an opportunity to understand from Adarsh what he wanted, and who he thought will be an ideal girl for him. 

Lost in these thoughts, Suhasini was brought back to the present when Jaya offered her some more salad. She looked around the table once again, and her eyes met those of Adarsh's.

Adarsh, today the CM spoke to your dad about an alliance for you. She could suddenly sense the tension in him, and there was complete silence around the table. She smiled to reassure him that they were not going to have a serious discussion. Sensing his relief, she pursued. Who you marry will completely be your decision, but we cannot hide the fact from you that there are people inquiring about you. So, do you have anyone in mind? Or do you have any specific plans?

Mom, there is no-one in my life, and you know it. I don't mind meeting people, but they have to be ones that will understand my values and commitments. I want to make a difference in the lives of people who cannot do it for themselves, and I need a partner who will support me in my missions. I don't believe a rich girl using her connections to influence her alliance is the way forward for me. 
Smiling at his mom, he added jocularly -  By the way, I know you always wanted one of us to take up law after you. But since none of us did, why don't you find me a good lawyer that I can marry?

As unexpected as his response was, Suhasini was thrilled at what she heard. It was true that she had hoped that at-least one of her sons will follow her professional choice, and was a little disappointed when none of them expressed any interest in law. Thinking to herself that it wasn't a bad suggestion at all, she quickly responded - Are you serious? I have the perfect girl in mind. There is no compulsion, but why dont you meet her? She is a fresh law graduate, my assistant, Swadheenta. I think you will like her... Do you think you can have lunch with her sometime?
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 8 years ago
Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8
So Suhasini has noticed the unhappiness of Jaidev-Jaya and made a conscious decision to not force her choices on her other sons. I'm hoping that eventually, Suhasini will realise her mistake in the show - but then again, with Jaya and Jaidev coming to talking terms due to Adarsh and Swadheenta, I'm wondering if Suhasini will ever find out.

I like your take on the SwaDarsh relationship - Adarsh has so smartly insinuated his choice but the best part is how Suhasini jumped to the conclusion of Swadheenta. I'm assuming SwaDarsh wedding coming up in the 3rd chapter or so. Looking forward to read ahead!

P.S: You need to make some space in your inbox. My PMs are not going through to you because apparently, your inbox has reached its limit.
Edited by -Sarcy- - 8 years ago
olsen_124 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Soapoperasrfun

When things are meant to happen, they happen!

It was a casual evening at the Sinha's. Suhasini, a 55 year old mother of 3 boys and one of the most accomplished lawyers in the country, had made it a general rule at home to ensure that unless under exceptional circumstances, everyone gathered together for breakfast every morning, and dinner every night. So, here they were, enjoying their dinner after a stressful day at work. She looked around the table enjoying the joyful banter of her children and her 2 bahu's.

Despite having a stressful career herself, Suhasini had gone out of her way to make sure her boys did not miss the presence of their parents in their lives. Be it their sports competitions, debates, exams, Suhasini made sure to be there for them. She was a strong willed woman, and expected some basic discipline from her family. But mostly, she was an understanding mother. Of-course, to give credit where credit is due, her husband Manohar had supported her completely. An IAS officer by profession, Manohar had to be away from home a lot of times, and mostly at odd hours. As a young officer trying to prove himself, he took it upon himself to manage the minutest of tasks, and that kept him away from home a lot. But whenever he could, he always helped her with managing the house. 

When Jaidev, her oldest son, graduated with an IPS degree, Suhasini had proposed that he tie the knot with her close friend Subha's daughter Jaya. Jaya, a couple of years younger than Jaidev was a very sweet girl and a teacher by profession. She was a simple girl who believed that teaching the youth to do the right thing was the way forward for our country, and her simplicity had impressed Suhasini. However, Jaidev had other ideas for himself and did not wish to get married at 25 years of age. Suhasini's constant influence finally broke his resolve, and although half-willingly, he had married Jaya. Their marriage had started of with a rocky start, and Suhasini suspected that it was a relationship of compromise even today, 5 years since the wedding. 

With Jaidev - Jaya's wedding experience, Suhasini had willed never to influence the decision of marriage with her other 2 boys. She had encouraged them to meet anyone they liked, but with simple requirements that they should be from cultured families, and with good education. It had hurt her and Manohar immensely when Abhay, their younger son of 25 years, brought home Simmi as his wife. Simmi, also 25 years old, was a school drop-out, and the daughter of a rouge builder, Mr. Ahuja. Abhay, another IPS officer, had met her in the course of his work, and had immediately fallen in love. Owing to some medical conditions of Simmi, he was forced to marry her 6 months ago. Although a little disappointed with her son, Suhasini was still happy to see him content.  

That left Adarsh, her ideal son. Adarsh, her 27 year old was the balance between her other 2 boys. He was always the responsible one who knew exactly what to say, and how to say it. He had this special knack of ensuring that he hurt no-one, and always made everyone happy. A handsome, hard working, brilliant and intelligent boy, he had a very charming demeanor. He unlike his brothers had decided to follow his father's footsteps and had become an IAS officer. Suhasini did not believe that he would ever pursue a girl or fall in love. He certainly was strong willed and mature like his older brother, and a romantic at heart, like his younger one. But he was too respectful and too shy for his own good. He was still single, and Suhasini hoped that he would find someone for himself really soon. 

Today, Manohar had discussed with her regarding an alliance that the CM had proposed for Adarsh. The Bundela's were a rich family and had businesses in various sectors. They were known to fund a lot of the CM's campaigns, and their daughter, Vanshika had been Adarsh's classmate at school. She had always harbored feelings for him, and when consulted about marriage had expressed her interest in Adarsh. Although Suhasini did not like to get involved, and had discouraged Manohar too from pursuing it further, she thought she could use this as an opportunity to understand from Adarsh what he wanted, and who he thought will be an ideal girl for him. 

Lost in these thoughts, Suhasini was brought back to the present when Jaya offered her some more salad. She looked around the table once again, and her eyes met those of Adarsh's.

Adarsh, today the CM spoke to your dad about an alliance for you. She could suddenly sense the tension in him, and there was complete silence around the table. She smiled to reassure him that they were not going to have a serious discussion. Sensing his relief, she pursued. Who you marry will completely be your decision, but we cannot hide the fact from you that there are people inquiring about you. So, do you have anyone in mind? Or do you have any specific plans?

Mom, there is no-one in my life, and you know it. I don't mind meeting people, but they have to be ones that will understand my values and commitments. I want to make a difference in the lives of people who cannot do it for themselves, and I need a partner who will support me in my missions. I don't believe a rich girl using her connections to influence her alliance is the way forward for me. 
Smiling at his mom, he added jocularly -  By the way, I know you always wanted one of us to take up law after you. But since none of us did, why don't you find me a good lawyer that I can marry?

As unexpected as his response was, Suhasini was thrilled at what she heard. It was true that she had hoped that at-least one of her sons will follow her professional choice, and was a little disappointed when none of them expressed any interest in law. Thinking to herself that it wasn't a bad suggestion at all, she quickly responded - Are you serious? I have the perfect girl in mind. There is no compulsion, but why dont you meet her? She is a fresh law graduate, my assistant, Swadheenta. I think you will like her... Do you think you can have lunch with her sometime?

Loved it so very much.Things here are different than in show.Can you PM me when you update ??
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sarcy-

So Suhasini has noticed the unhappiness of Jaidev-Jaya and made a conscious decision to not force her choices on her other sons. I'm hoping that eventually, Suhasini will realise her mistake in the show - but then again, with Jaya and Jaidev coming to talking terms due to Adarsh and Swadheenta, I'm wondering if Suhasini will ever find out.

I like your take on the SwaDarsh relationship - Adarsh has so smartly insinuated his choice but the best part is how Suhasini jumped to the conclusion of Swadheenta. I'm assuming SwaDarsh wedding coming up in the 3rd chapter or so. Looking forward to read ahead!

P.S: You need to make some space in your inbox. My PMs are not going through to you because apparently, your inbox has reached its limit.

Yes, she has noticed Jaya and Jaidev's aloofness... The smart lawyer that she is, it really will be against her character to not notice it πŸ˜† (although the CV's dont seem to agree).

Well, Adarsh and Swadheenta have some time before the wedding... in my story, Adarsh does not know Swadheenta. It was really a casual joke he made at dinner, and Suhasini who has a new assistance that she is greatly impressed with is trying to set her son up... so, Swadheenta and Adarsh are yet to meet πŸ˜ƒ

Will clear my in-box,
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: sushfiza

Grt start..cont soon

Thank you. I will try my best to update it as frequently as possible. 
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail

Originally posted by: olsen_124

Loved it so very much.Things here are different than in show.Can you PM me when you update ??

This is my first FF and I am really trying to figure my way around things... can I ask you to please check this thread frequently until I get comfortable with sending multiple PM's etc? I will try and figure it out soon, I promise.

Thank you for reading the story BTW. I am glad you loved it. 
olsen_124 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

This is my first FF and I am really trying to figure my way around things... can I ask you to please check this thread frequently until I get comfortable with sending multiple PM's etc? I will try and figure it out soon, I promise.

Thank you for reading the story BTW. I am glad you loved it. 

Soapoperasrfun thumbnail

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ
Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Soapoperasrfun

Yes, she has noticed Jaya and Jaidev's aloofness... The smart lawyer that she is, it really will be against her character to not notice itπŸ˜†(although the CV's dont seem to agree).

Well, Adarsh and Swadheenta have some time before the wedding... in my story, Adarsh does not know Swadheenta. It was really a casual joke he made at dinner, and Suhasini who has a new assistance that she is greatly impressed with is trying to set her son up... so, Swadheenta and Adarsh are yet to meetπŸ˜ƒ

Will clear my in-box,

He had me fooled there! I thought Adarsh already knows Swadheenta. Ah, super, then! It will be interesting to see how the two come together and get along. Can't wait to read the next part. :)
The fact that Suhasini is so impressed by Swadheenta that she's considering her for son makes me love her for it. πŸ˜†