Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
According to u !!!!!
Who should play Indirajit in Siya ke Ram !!!!
Give your opinion !!!!! 😊
Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

StarBharat started off with full potential, but Bharat Milaap sequence totally ruined his character.

He's portrayed as quite selfish, thinking only of his pain and wallowing in self-pity instead of following Ram's orders with full bhakti.

The fact that he refused to take on administration of Ayodhya even after Ram told him to, and left the kingdom in Shatrughan's hands to "retire" to Nandigram, is totally against his character and shows him in a poor light.

In reality, Bharat ran the Kingdom from Nandigram. The ashram he created for himself was not to retire from royal affairs, but to run the kingdom from a place that gave him solitude and peace. Shatrughan had no part in running royal affairs. He only stayed back in Ayodhya to take care of the womenfolk and protect the kingdom in case of foreign invaders. 

His physical manhandling of Kaikeyi was also against his character. Despite the anger he felt towards her, Bharat was an image of Ram in that he did not believe in violence against women, even sinful women. In Valmiki Ramayan, Bharat scolds Shatrughan for dragging Manthara, and tells him Ram would never forgive them if they harmed a woman. 

Bharat as a character is very strong and empowered. He was not a weak crybaby like Starayan wrote him to be.

If you want a full analysis of his character, my friend Lola (MagadhSundari) created a thread in SKR yesterday giving examples from the text. It's quite interesting.

Ok , I am getting you r Point Now

It seems that CV's in an attempt to show Bharat's immense love for his brother , have overshot his character  and made him look like a weakling

I agree with your point on nandigram , that I think is more of a case of wrong Plot rather than wrong characterization .  Even I was surprised that they are not showing Bharat running Ayodhya's Affairs

And Yes  , Now that you mentioned it I remember  , That Bharat agreeing with  Shatrughan beating Manthara was really the down point  of his character , He was the one to save her as he feared that Rama would never approve of such a henious act.

Shivam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumi-19

According to u !!!!!

Janaki and I finalized gurmeet in our discussions a few weeks backπŸ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sumi-19

According to u !!!!!

I actually think Gurmeet would play that role perfectly, I've always wanted to see him in a gray-shaded mytho role, but he would not look like JK's son. πŸ˜†

Honestly, I think a new face would be best. No more popular actors with fan followings that would accept the character no matter how it's written. πŸ˜‰
Melkor thumbnail
It would be a bit weird,actually a lot weird to see Gurmeet addressing JK and Piyali as his parentsπŸ˜† Though he would suit Meghnad very well.
But then Ravan's family is the Cullen Family of Lanka if you leave KaikesiπŸ˜†

For Indrajit it should be someone who compliments Karan.One of the reasons I love JK is that he compliments Ashish who plays his archenemy.And this is also the reason for which I did not approve of Akhilendra Mishra as Ravan.He did not compliment Gurmeet from any angle.

So,for Indrajit my first choice was Abhaas Mehta.He is fabulous actor,is great at playing negative characters and shares a good on-screen chemistry with Karan too.They have acted with each other.

My another choice for Meghnad is Rithvik Dhanjani.He has the built and the looks for playing the character.

Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 6
Agree with you all on Bharat Milaap... I loved his first confrontation with KK...he totally nailed it in there. Though him dragging her off the palace was OTT, for my devious mind, StarKK deserved it! πŸ˜† 
Yeah, him escaping from all his duties and dumping them on Shatrughan's head is bad script writing! I mean they could have shown him taking all the necessary decisions and Shatrughan implementing them. 

I will catch the episode for Hanuman's entry sequence. From the pics, he looks awesome! SMMH does not seem to grow up at all! πŸ˜†
Edited by ---Anu--- - 8 years ago
Mirage09 thumbnail
It will be Meghnad only...not 'Indrajeet'... For his father has done the honors of defeating Indra and conquering his abode. So, technically, as per DP's version, Raavan should be named 'Indrajeet'. πŸ˜Ž
Mirage09 thumbnail
So, how was Ram Navami and new year celebrations for all here? I did not celebrate them this year. Sigh! 
Shivam... thumbnail
@ Asto , Isnt Your Dp of the turkish actress who plays Feriha ?
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Anu---

Agree with you all on Bharat Milaap... I loved his first confrontation with KK...he totally nailed it in there. Though him dragging her off the palace was OTT, for my devious mind, StarKK deserved it! πŸ˜† 

Yeah, him escaping from all his duties and dumping them on Shatrughan's head is bad script writing! I mean they could have shown him taking all the necessary decisions and Shatrughan implementing them. 

I will catch the episode for Hanuman's entry sequence. From the pics, he looks awesome! SMMH does not seem to grow up at all! πŸ˜†

Actually StarKK was always more devious than the rest of the KKs.So I got very enthusiastic to see her get punishedπŸ˜†
But I don't get it.In all the previous versions Bharat practically runs the kingdom from Nandigram.He is the one who was incharge of everything.He performed the duties of a ruler while living the life of an ascetic.Shatrughan simply assisted him.

Here poor StarShatrughan has become the King and StarBharat is on a summer camp at Nandigram it seems.

I don't understand this at all.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†