Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

After Pratyusha Banerjee Suicide, Hema Malini Accused Of 'Insensitive'

Emptyheart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

After Pratyusha Banerjee Suicide, Hema Malini Accused Of 'Insensitive' Tweets

Actor-politician Hema Malini is being criticized as insensitive for her tweets on what she calls "senseless suicides".  

"The world admires a fighter not a loser," the BJP lawmaker says in one of the tweets posted on Monday night.

The choice of words has drawn strong feedback days after the suicide of Ballika Vadhu actress Pratyusha Banerjee. The 24-year-old was found hanging at her Mumbai home on April 1.

Hema Malini does not mention Pratyusha in her tweets.

Responding to Hema Malini's comments, Twitter users pointed out that "sometimes, even to live is an act of courage." One commenter wrote: "this is utterly insensitive, suicide may not be a solution but ranting about a deceased certainly doesn't make you look great."

Pratyusha Banerjee, a familiar face on TV from the serials Balika Vadhu and Sasural Simar Ka and reality show Bigg Boss, was declared dead at Kokilaben Ambani Hospital, where she was taken after being found dead at her Goregaon apartment. Her fiance Rahul Raj Singh, currently in hospital himself being treated for chest pain and low blood pressure, has been questioned by cops. A group of 10 friends and colleagues of Pratyusha are expected to reveal details of the couple's relationship to the police.
Edited by Emptyheart - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Such Actress Tweets like this.. I sometimes feels like Krk is handling their Account.
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whom r u blaming hema malini?
She is no here anymore
Atleast show some respect to her soul 🤢
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If the tweet was a reference to Pratyusha, shame on Hema ji. Not expected from her. Insensitive.
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Everyone knows a suicide is not a brave choice but this message can be conveyed in a decent way. Didnt expect this from Hema. What does she know about Pratyusha or what she was going through? Yes I know there might be 1000s of people in world leading worse life than Pratyusha and if she tried a lil harder she could hv come out of her troubles but again the girl is dead. The least we can do is not call her names.  Edited by Malika - 8 years ago
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Her tweets
All these senseless suicides which achieve nothg! Life is God's gift for us to live not for us to take at will. We have no right to do that.
One must learn to overcome all odds & emerge successful,not succumb under pressure & give up easily.The world admires a fighter not a loser
Just becomes food for the hungry media who chew on news like celebrity suicides until the next sensational news happens.Thn it is forgotten
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Whoa dumb head! 
One not just needs to be educated about depression but also needs to be educated to  stop mocking them even after they are gone. 
In no way do I support suicide, likewise I / we do not know how much n since how long they are struggling to survive. What seems a hissa fit for xyz might be a massive issue for the other. 
It baffles me how ruthless ppl can be n look down, condemn n mock ppl who have taken der life.  Not to forget how dey bring God in btw.!

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Shy_

Her tweets

All these senseless suicides which achieve nothg! Life is God's gift for us to live not for us to take at will. We have no right to do that.
One must learn to overcome all odds & emerge successful,not succumb under pressure & give up easily.The world admires a fighter not a loser
Just becomes food for the hungry media who chew on news like celebrity suicides until the next sensational news happens.Thn it is forgotten

She could have worded it better. But I still agree with her. I will be called insensitive on this forum. I know. Members here keep ranting to not be judgmental. But they would do the same if someone has opposite opinion. 

We need to celebrate the spirit of life. There are people who do not get meal for 2 times a day, yet they fight. I admire them. 

I myself have seen some real struggle at my home only. Have never seen the spirit or positive attitude die. I look forward to such spirit. You can overcome it. Struggle and failure is part of life. 

Suicide is not the option. It never is. Look beyond your problem, there are people with hell lot of problems still fighting it out. Your issue would look smaller. 

Depression needs awareness in our society. But youngsters also need to make realize of reality. Some are so protected that the little scratch, a failure in love-life and they think they are depressed. If you read symptoms of any disease, you would think I have that. Every thing has 2 sides. 

Above is a general comment. Nothing of this is related to Pratyusha. I do not know what happened in her case. So no comments there. 

Edit to add:

And why are we connecting Suicide and Depression? Depression is not the only reason for suicide. There are other reasons too.

When Salman was convicted, I read, one of his fan tried to commit suicide. Was he depressed? 

in any case, Suicide needs to be condemned. Depression can be discussed separately. 
Edited by NimbuMirchi - 8 years ago
wish these senior celebrities were more educated about depression, I hate the kind of shaming they do! Would she have said the same thing if one of her loved ones completed suicide? people should really try to understand one before passing judgements!
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Considering that Esha Deol is considered a loser because of her f**ked up career in spite of getting too many chances too easy because of her parents, I believe Hema doesn't admires her daughter