Pratyusha Banerjees Suicide: Rakhi Sawant Has Called For A Ban On C

Posted: 8 years ago

Pratyusha Banerjee's Suicide: Rakhi Sawant Has Called For A Ban On Ceiling Fans

-16 minutes ago
HUFFPOST STAFF

Rakhi Sawant has taken the media and celebrity circus that we have all been witness to following Balika Vadhu actress Pratyusha Banerjee's tragic alleged suicide to a whole new level.

In a bizarre press conference held at Mumbai's Oshiwara area, Sawant made two claims: one, that she was in possession of a video that would reveal that Banerjee's death wasn't a suicide, and two, that ceiling fans were indirectly responsible for the lives of thousands of young, fragile women across the country. "If a father and mother love their daughter, they should get rid of ceiling fans," said Sawant, dressed in a black velvet top, with a flex banner behind her that read Lautkar aa jao Pratyusha (come back, Pratyusha)'. "Use AC, use table fans," she added, brandishing a small white ceiling fan that she had brought along to the presser for added impact.

On being asked how the poor would cope with the heat, she said, "Table fans are not expensive. We are planning to go to slums and donate 5,000 fans to the poor ourselves. At least we're doing this. What are others doing for the country? What is the government doing?"

However, it must be said that Sawant's idea of getting rid of ceiling fans to prevent suicides, as crazy as it may sound, isn't new.

A number of journalists present there, including this writer, could barely resist from smirking. One reporter asked, "20 years ago, [actress] Divya Bharti had committed suicide by jumping off a building. Should we also ban buildings?"

Sawant replied: "Please don't make fun of this issue. Now if Smriti Irani said this, you would applaud her. Why? Because she's the education minister, that's why?"

At this point, a few irate journalists asked her to share details of the supposedly explosive video she had, which she claims was sent by Banerjee's producer boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh's ex-wife Saloni Sharma. "We have proof that it was not a suicide, but we've been told that we have to give it to the Crime Branch first," she said. "Some people from the Crime Branch were supposed to attend this press conference, but they backed out at the last minute."

However, it must be said that Sawant's idea of getting rid of ceiling fans to prevent suicides, as crazy as it may sound, isn't new. In 2010, a four-member team probing the suicide of a student at IIT Kanpur, one of India's premier engineering colleges, had recommended that the ceiling fans be replaced by pedestal fans.

Rakhi, Dolly and Ajaz doing what they do best... Seek attention... Disgusting behaviouršŸ¤¢ 
Edit: I hpe to God this is fake news.. I mean like seriously?šŸ˜•
Edited by yamyam - 8 years ago
Are they for real??? šŸ˜² I thought its faking new. Stop making mockery of her death. God knows what happened with her.I hope rakhi get some bashing and notice too like bindra got
What's wrong with her? Ban ceiling fans and use ACs! Really? That's her take on the issue? Why are they making a mockery of the issue? 
I just can't believe that she held a press conference for this
These people have hit a new low. Bloody attention seeking idiots. Like Rakhi or dolly Bindra or Ajaz Khan were close friends to Pratyusha. Such shameless people. The police will hopefully do what is to be done. These ppl need to shut up and not make this into a daily soap.
This Rakhi, looking for attention anywhere evrywhere,šŸ˜”I can't believe people like her exist who  are such famecrazy that no other emotion matters.And how come she  herself does'nt understand how foolish she sounds at timesšŸ˜•
Can we request for a ban on Rakhi Sawant interacting with the media ???
Didn't watch Rakhi's season of Bigg Boss, but  could not tolerate both Dolly and Ajaz and m sure same wld hv been for Rakhi and dey r just proving me right. And it truly disgusts me when ppl make celebs out of these kind of ppl, not co of their talent, but just coz dey have no qualms at stooping to the lowest level to get attention. KRK included. 
Also I doubt they were pratyusha's friends as such. Attending same parties and knowing ppl socially does not make ppl friends , but dey r just giving the impression to get attention and publicity and it's sad that they can't even spare someone's tragic death to do so.
Rahul used to torture her, I used to tell him not to do this: Rakhi Sawant on #PratyushaBanerjee suicide case. https://t.co/bKGVhwV9hp ( Live tweets from ANI)
I heard #PratyushaBanerjee crying loudly at around 12:30 when I was setting out of the house: Pratyusha's neighbour https://t.co/Q97CnkPU2h