Alefia Kapadia To Play Kaurwaki's Mother

aditi37 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Alefia Kapadia seems destined to be a part of the ongoing historical show Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat. The beautiful actress will make her entry as Kaurvaki's mother and the queen of Kalinga.
Incidentally, she was originally approached to play a vishkanya last year, but the deal didn't materialise. "Ashoka has beckoned me once again. I was initially sceptical about playing a mother on television, but then that's the trend now. So, I decided to get on with the trend or be left behind. I am quite excited to join the show," Alefia confirms.

With Ashoka, the actress makes a foray into period dramas. "I am taking quite a leap with this show - from playing a girl in western attires to sporting these heavy hair-dos and elaborate costumes. They treat me like a queen even off the camera. I have a make-up and hair stylist to myself," she observes.

So they changed karu's mom 😊seem like a important role coz now we know it's kalinga timing😆

Edited by aditi37 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChickenSoup thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So she's making a re-entry but this time as a different character. Because I remember she played the role of Vishkanya who was sent to kill Bindusar during the time Sushim became Prabhari Raja.
aditi37 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cshafkat

So she's making a re-entry but this time as a different character. Because I remember she played the role of Vishkanya who was sent to kill Bindusar during the time Sushim became Prabhari Raja.

No it was not her it was some other actress 😊 even I remember the episode n surely it was not her 😳beside she was about to play that character but she opted it as mentioned in article may be things not worked!
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Cshafkat

Alefia was supposed to play that role, but in the end some other girl played her. She was there in about 5 episodes I think? Looks like this Karu Mum role is more important anyway.

But didnt they show some woman as Kaling's queen already during Karu's FB's? During the Taxila track we saw a few scenes of her supposed Mum and it was played by someone else. Maybe they wanted some one younger and more glamorous for the role. So far ALL the Mum's have been hot and rocking.

Charu
Noor
Dharma
Shubrasi 
Niharika - (Ahankara's mum)
Heck even grandma Helena is posh and glamorous.

I guess they wanted to stick to their trend and deiced to bring in a similar female to play Kaling's Queen.
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 8 years ago
Rishi_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Alefia was supposed to play that role, but in the end some other girl played her. She was there in about 5 episodes I think? Looks like this Karu Mum role is more important anyway.

But didnt they show some woman as Kaling's queen already during Karu's FB's? During the Taxila track we saw a few scenes of her supposed her Mum and it was played by someone else. Maybe they wanted some one younger and more glamorous for the role. So far ALL the Mum's have been hot and rocking.

Charu
Noor
Dharma
Shubrasi 
Niharika - (Ahankara's mum)
Heck even grandma Helena is posh and glamorous.

I guess they wanted to stick to their trend and deiced to bring in a similar female to play Kaling's Queen.

We forgot princess Agnishikha played by Yashasri and 
Queen Bahamani of Taxila.

They were no less glamorous.
Rishi_ thumbnail
Good to see that Queen of Kalinga is finally here. It was looking really illogical with KVK and her dad staying as guests in Magadh for so long when the queen was desperately waiting for them.
The track looks promising unless butchered with more illogical stuff. But wasn't Kalinga war suppose to happen after leap. Why now? 
purepunjabi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Alefia is a good actress.i liked her in reporters and she has worked with prinal too in some another show.excited for her entry .
Capricious_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: purepunjabi

Alefia is a good actress.i liked her in reporters and she has worked with prinal too in some another show.excited for her entry .

Yes in Pyaar ka dard hai..meetha meetha pyaara pyaara😊
Capricious_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ho gya sticky😆
aditi37 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rishi_

Good to see that Queen of Kalinga is finally here. It was looking really illogical with KVK and her dad staying as guests in Magadh for so long when the queen was desperately waiting for them.

The track looks promising unless butchered with more illogical stuff. But wasn't Kalinga war suppose to happen after leap. Why now? 

The Kalinga War after the leap is different which i'm sure even you coz it was sole reason ashoka accepted Buddhism but here scenario is different he was there to help jagannath n not to make it his own territory!