Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Rae it's so lovely to be reading your work again.

The ebb and flow of their journey, both literal and figurative, has been written so beautifully.  

No other end could have justified this delicately written piece. A dramatic, last minute realisation on Arnav's part would have jarred.

It's so true what you wrote of acceptance. True maturity lies in accepting people as they are. And none more so than a friend. One of the few relationships we have where we have an active choice in nurturing or letting go.

AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: mistyrains

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">*sigh*</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">That was terribly beautiful and almost in equal measures, sad. Like I said before, friendship and love are often confused and things don't always go the way we want them to. But the way you have written this, especially the ending, there's such simplicity and also a tiny glimpse of hope. Hope for strengthening their friendship once again, gaining back the normalcy between them, when they were just that - inseparable. My two favourite characters front he story would be Susie & the trolley at the end. They both had such wonderful roles to play in their story. Such symbolism, such significance.</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And like always, I could imagine the car, the winding roads, the airport, the embrace - your writing has always been able to do that. The story really struck a chord. Thanks for this beautiful story! :)</font>

Thank You so much! I am glad you liked the story...specially since you knew how nervous-ish I was! I am happy that the hope in the end did reach out to you and made it a little more than just a 'sad' story :)
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
U have written this beautifully, just wish Arnav hadn't picked a selfish La over Khushi. Khushi was his best friend,n La had no right dictating such terms to him.
He shouldn't have let her dominate his life like this.
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: meeyaa

Oh my !

But where is heart-wrenchingly-awesome button.

Loved it !

@Bold - Haha!

Thank You for reading and commenting! :)

Thank You for reading :)

Originally posted by: prpk525

Ruladiya tune yaar.. Loved it..

Awww! Sorry! But thank you for reading and commenting :)

Originally posted by: MysticRiver

brilliantly written...πŸ‘

Thank You! :)
Edited by AngelTeen - 8 years ago
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: mit0905

So emotional friendship of true love...story... πŸ‘

Thank You for reading and commenting :)

Originally posted by: Annasabu

Awesome  OS

Love
Anna😊

Originally posted by: love2sarun

An absolutely brilliant piece !

πŸ‘

Thank You! Glad you liked it! :)

Originally posted by: Junglebee

simply superb
loved it-

Thank You so much! :)

Originally posted by: pup03

Painful, yet beautiful shot.. loved it.. 

thanks for pm πŸ˜Š

Edited by AngelTeen - 8 years ago
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lumos_Solem

Okay, I'll confess, I was waiting for that moment when Arnav would stop her, realize that he reciprocates her feelings in equal and just bloody stop her and that's that. A happy ending. But it was never to be and as saddening as it was, this was the best end this OS could have.

Unrequited, sigh, it hurts. But inseparables, oh yes. This is the first ever story I have read on ArHi where the writer has allowed them to be just that. Inseparable friends. And it was beautiful. πŸ‘

Thank You so much! I had an inkling that most readers would be waiting for the moment you mention but I hoped that they would realize that some things are just not meant to be, for no fault of either party! I am glad you liked the story and the ending :)
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: meera30

You have always had a way with these theme - the best friends, the unrequited love, the 'what-next' once the scales have been tipped and the balance is gone. This was stinging - painful. This is what I might have imagined a mature take on Kuch Kuch Hota Hai might have been. Maybe if Shakun Batra had made KKHH :)

I was listening to this song - kya karein 90s teen I am - and it just...fit

Splendid to read your work again, Rae. Here's to hoping more reads!

Cheers
M

I am glad you liked the story and thank you for all the kind words. I heard the song and its quite nice. Thank You once again for reading and commenting :)
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Farwa_Ibrahim-

The fact that as u say that You had a writer's block and its your first piece after it was a shocker. You were bluffing right? Coz This is as brilliant as ur writing always is. Different yet beautiful. Loved their friendship. The tension caused by Khushi's confession was so profound. Really amazing! ! Loved how Arnav was unable to let go of something that was too precious and how Khushi was all set to hold on to the same. Loved it. Brilliant writing Rae don't stop ever.

Not bluffing but very kind of you to say that :)

Thank You so much for reading and commenting! I am glad you liked the story :)

@Bold - Exactly...for both of them, the friendship they share is very precious and neither want to let go of it...
AngelTeen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Phoenixrises

The best thing I liked about this story? It was realistic. Your characters and the story had that touch of reality. The message came through loud and clear- we don't get everything the way we want, in fact we don't get it at all sometimes.
Beautifully written.
Thanks for the PM!
Missed your writing man! Please write again soon.
I miss your Forelsket waala series. Please write more of that when possible.
Loads of love.

@Bold - Thank You for understanding that. Its the essence of the story - sometimes we want something but we dont get it for no fault of anyone but its just how things are.

Thank You so much for reading and commenting and for your continued support. I am so glad to have you as a reader :)

ShahSAIR thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
painfull bt beautiful.. Will u pls complete it.. Arshi ko ek kr dou pls