Amrita Rao/Kalyani AT- classic beauty & gifted singer

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai is an Indian Hindi drama television series, which premiered on 7 March 2016, and will be broadcast on &TV. The series will be a finite series consisting of 130 episodes approximately. It will be produced by a brand new production company The House of Originals of Nivedita Basu. Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai is a story about two sisters and their bitter sweet relationship that turns into rivalry. This is the story of Kalyani and Ketki, for whom music meant the world, who shared a soulful bond, but drifted apart so much that the distances could not be fathomed. The story spans across three generations and traces the journey of the two sisters from the beautiful town of Nagthane to Mumbai - the city of dreams! The only thread that binds these two warring sisters is their Mother - Devika Gaikwad. Amrita Rao will be essaying the role of young Kalyani. Kalyani is a small town Marathi girl who is passionate about singing and very talented. After her father's death she has the responsibility of the whole family. Her character becomes an illustrious singer and wins many awards including the Bharat Ratna.

credit: writeup- wiki&me etc. creation -me 
permission given by shruti
LIKE post three to be added to member list
Edited by -Priya- - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

About Amrita Rao

Amrita was born on June 7th, 1986 in Mumbai (Zodiac - Gemini), She speaks Konkani. Her dad owns an Advertising Agency. 

Biography: Amrita Rao was born in the City of Dreams, Mumbai on the 17th of June, 1981. She was born to a Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin family and her mother tongue was Konkani. Apart from Konkani she is also well versed in Marathi, English and Hindi. She did her schooling from Canossa Convent Girls School situated in Mumbai. Later on she joined the prestigious Sophia College to pursue philosophy. Preetika Rao, her sister is a columnist, model and a Southern film actress.

During her college life, Amrita Rao had auditioned for a Fairever Face Cream advertisement. Sooner or later, she appeared in numerous commercials and did various photo shoots. Her performance in the Bru Coffee ad as well as in the Cadbury Perk Karwa Chaut advertisement, led to her getting numerous job offers from various directors in B Town. Apart from ads and photo shoots, she has also made her appearance in various music videos by famous artists like Alisha Chinoy. Even after making her hold in the acting department, Amrita Rao continues to appear in various model and walked ramps for well-known designers as a guest celebrity.

Amrita Rao first set her foot in the glamorous world of Bollywood through the Raj Kanwar directed 2002 flick, Ab Ke Baras'. She starred opposite debutante Arya Babbar. Next up she starred along with Shahid Kapoor in the 2003 Ken Ghosh directed 'Ishq Vishk'. This film was a huge success at the box office and Amrita's portrayal of the character of Payal, received lots of appreciation and she became a star overnight. This was soon followed with Indra Kumar's comedy flick, 'Masti' (2004) starring Amrita Rao herself, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani, Lara Dutta, Ritesh Deshmukh, Ajay Devgan, Tara Sharma and Genelia D'Souza. Next up she appeared in the Shahrukh Khan and Zayed Khan starrer 'Main Hoon Naa', written and directed by Farah Khan. This film was a super hit at the theatres and Amrita received lots of accolades for her performance in the film. Following Main Hoon Naa', Amrita signed up for Milan Luthria's next project, 'Deewar', which was an action film written by Anurag Kashyap.

In 2005, Amrita appeared in Mahesh Manjrekar's 'Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!', and in John Matthew Matthan's musical thriller 'Shikhar' starring Ajay Devgan, Bipasha Basu and Shahid Kapoor.

Next year in 2006, Amrita Rao made her appearance opposite Vivek Oberoi in Indra Kumar's 'Pyare Mohan'. She also played the lead role opposite Shahid Kapoor in Sooraj R. Barjatya's 'Vivah'. This film was a blockbuster at the box office and both Shahid as well as Amrita grabbed numerous awards for their exceptional performances in the film.

She began the year 2007 by making a guest appearance in the Hindi comedy flick titled 'Heyy Babyy' directed by Sajid Khan and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. Her first ever Tamil film was the Surrender Reddy directed 'Atidhi' starring Amrita Rao herself opposite prince of Telugu cinema Mahesh Babu.

In the year 2008, she appeared in two films: E. Niwas's drama film My Name is Anthony Gonsalves' and Shyam Benegal's 'Welcome to Sajjanpur'. Next year in 2009, Amrita played the character role of Nandini in Ajit Pal Mangat's cricket based film 'Victory'. She also enacted the role of Mansi opposite the renowned Arshad Warsi in Neeraj Vora's 'Shortkut'. Shortkut' was a remake of a Malayalam blockbuster flick named 'Udayananu Tharam'.

In 2011, Amrita Rao came up with only one film named 'Love U...Mr. Kalakaar', directed by S. Manasvi. Here she played the main character role of Ritu along with Tushar Kapoor.

She also starred in David Dhawan's comedy drama flick titled 'Hook Ya Crook' starring Amrita Rao herself, John Abraham, Genelia D'Souza, Shreyas Talpade and Kay Kay Menon. This film is an awaiting release.

Her filmography includes 'Ab Ke Baras', 'The Legend of Bhagat Singh', 'Ishq Vishk', 'Masti', 'Main Hoon Naa', 'Deewar', 'Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!', 'Shikhar', 'Pyare Mohan', 'Vivah', 'Heyy Babyy', 'Atidhi', 'My Name is Anthony Gonsalves', 'Sharya', 'Welcome to Sajjanpur', 'Victory', 'Shortkut: The Con is On', 'Life Partner', 'Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai', 'Love U...Mr. Kalakaar', 'Jolly LLB' and 'Singh Saheb The Great'.

Trivia 

Brands modeled for: Hindustan Lever's - Close-up, Godrej - Nikhaar Soap (2 ads.), Nestle - Bru Coffee, Wringly Chewing Gum, Anne French, Fena Detergent, Jolen Bleach, 3 Roses Tea (South India), Johnson & Johnsons

Clean & Clear Face Wash, Proctor & Gamble - Pantene Hair Wash,

Cadbury's - Perk Chocolates, Parachute Jasmine - Hair Oil, Domino's Pizza, HMT Watches, Allukas Jewellery (South India), and Allapet Jewellery (South India).

Amrita Rao's younger sister Preetika Rao is a journalist/columnist, a movie critic and is well known for her portrayal of Aliya in Beintehaa.

She is a vegetarian.

Second cousin twice removed of Guru Dutt. Her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.

Offered a role in the Hollywood movie " A Knight With The King" but turned it down.

Quotes:

Life is short and sweet, so make others happy and never let anyone down.

"Marriages are forever, they should be forever. I think marriages are falling apart these days because egos have become larger than life. Women have become independent and so they easily walk out of relationships. Earlier the woman would totally depend on the man. There will be ups and downs in marriage and we should deal with it gracefully. Selfishness will leave us lonely at the end of the day. In my profession, girls are more committed; if they see someone or are married then they stick to their commitment. Guys just get carried away. So it is very difficult to say whether I will marry an actor. There are a few successful marriages in the industry too, but still... I feel that the first choice should be the last choice and that is also the reason why I haven't got a boy friend. If I decide to go around with a guy, I would want to marry him otherwise it doesn't make sense. So not just marriage but I must say that relationships are forever."

writeup credit to the original writers I found info on google
    creation -tumblr, kate   Edited by -Priya- - 8 years ago

priya185 thumbnail
    Members list

admin of AT
    -Priya-

members:

please try to be active

-Priya-

Aarohi2009

prc_fan1

Cortana

Deepaaveng

mamta99

-Arnisha- 

-Swetha-

KS_Minion

NEIRAlover

-Ros-

Artist_Forever

coolbubble

pikychu

-Aditi

prote 

29nightingale

viji2111, 

LoonyLuna, 

_Sunshiine_, 

shyam09, 

.Yashu,  

br200910, 

shonasandy,  

garima22,  

shootingstar.xx,  

AyeChavanni,   

Simplypriceless

LIKE this post for me to add you(PMs, scraps and posting in the thread will NOT be considered for adding anyone to the member list) and be patient for me to add you

Edited by -Priya- - 7 years ago

priya185 thumbnail
    RULES

Only join if you are a fan of Amrita Rao, 
    bashing is not allowed, criticism is not allowed in an AT
    Like the member list post to be added please make sure you only like if you havent been added already
    Try to talk about them as much as possible without spamming however you can talk about their projects but only if its related to them 
    No comparisons.
    No abusive language, name calling or anything offensive
    Maximum number of 4 quotes otherwise page takes long to load
    Important note: This thread has a Zero Tolerance Policy towards any form of 'intolerance'. Intolerance include provoking sensitivities of fan groups, snide remarks, rude behavior, name calling, bashing, sarcasm & anything that even hits at degrading another member. If found very likely the member will be banned from the AT. 

guys please keep in mind if there are any forum wars please try and discuss it via pm or other mediums not in the AT

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/sweet_ak921/creations/amrita.png
    Edited by -Priya- - 8 years ago

priya185 thumbnail

Filmography

TitleYearRoleNotes
    Ab Ke Baras2002Anjali Thapar/ Nandini
    The Legend of Bhagat Singh2002Mannewali
    Ishq Vishk2003Payal Mehra
    Masti2004Aanchal Mehta
    Main Hoon Na2004Sanjana (Sanju) Bakshi
    Deewaar2004Radhika
    Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!2005Piya
    Shikhar2005Madhavi
    Pyare Mohan2006Piya
    Vivah2006Poonam
    Heyy Babyy2007-Special appearance in song "Heyy Babyy"
    Athidhi2007AmritaTelugu debut
    My Name is Anthony Gonsalves2008Riya
    Shaurya2008Neerja Rathod
    Welcome to Sajjanpur2008Kamala
    Victory2009Nandini
    Short Kut: The Con is On2009Mansi
    Life Partner2009AnjaliSpecial appearance
    Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai2010Tara's sisterSpecial appearance
    Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!2011Ritu
    Jolly LLB2013Sandhya
    Singh Saab the Great2013Shikha Chaturvedi
    Satyagraha2013Sumitra
    The Legend Of Kunal Films that have not yet been released2015KanchanmalaPre-production
    Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai2016KalyaniCurrent project on &TV
    SatsangTBAPre-production 

some creations /screencaps from her movies(credit tumblr) 

credit wiki
    creations tumblr

priya185 thumbnail

Awards and nominations

YearAwardCategoryFilmResult
    2003Star Screen AwardsMost Promising Newcomer - FemaleAb Ke BarasNominated
    2003Filmfare AwardsBest Female DebutAb Ke BarasNominated
    2004Zee Cine AwardsBest Female DebutIshq VishkNominated
    2004IIFAStar Debut of the Year - FemaleIshq VishkWon
    2004Stardust AwardsSuperstar of Tomorrow - FemaleIshq VishkWon
    2005Filmfare AwardsBest Supporting ActressMain Hoon NaNominated
    2007Star Screen AwardsBest ActressVivahNominated
    2007Star Screen AwardsJodi No. 1 (along with Shahid Kapoor)VivahNominated
    2009Stardust AwardsBest ActressWelcome to SajjanpurWon

Other awards won

YearAwardCategoryFilmResult
    2004Sansui AwardsBest Female DebutIshq VishkWon
    2007GR8 Women AwardsYoung AchieverVivahWon
    2007Anandalok AwardsMost Promising New TalentVivahWon
    2007Sports World AwardsJodi of the Year (along with Shahid Kapoor)VivahWon
    2012Kolkata Kalakar AwardsBest Actress Category (Bollywood)Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!Won

priya185 thumbnail

Actress Amrita Rao, who is making her TV debut with "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai" in a traditional Indian look, says she is glad that the small screen promotes the use of ethnic wear.

Right from her ensembles to the jewellery she wears on the show -- everything will be 'desi'.

"We are going to showcase Indian attires on the show," Amrita told IANS, stressing that the characters wouldn't be dressed in an over-the-top fashion.

"I am so glad that the Indian television is still promoting the trend (of wearing saris) and still reaching out to traditional India... That's something to be appreciated," she added.

Amrita, best known for her roles in films like "Ishq Vishk", "Main Hoon Na", "Welcome to Sajjanpur" and "Jolly LLB", says though she was approached by many TV channels for various fiction shows, she wanted to make her debut on the small screen with a "bombastically amazing" show.

"Since the past two years, the top channels have been connecting with me directly with the intention of having me debut on the fiction television, but I was very clear that I will step into television industry only if the content is bombastically amazing. That's exactly what 'Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai' is," she said.

"The story is the hero of the project. It's very non-contrived television," she added.

Amrita said it is hard to grab viewers' attention in the TV industry as compared to films.

"In cinema, you have a captive audience, but to grab the attention of a housewife, who is in the middle of her household work and to keep them gripped to you, is a huge challenge. It's difficult to hold them as there is so much of distraction happening. It's really tough," she said.

In "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai", Amrita will be seen playing the role of a singer named Kalyani.

"This character is multifaceted and multidimensional. There are aspects of her that are just like me. But then there are some aspects of her that are completely different from me and that perhaps I can't be and can stand away and be in awe off. But I can relate to the love for singing," she said.

Asked about the types of songs she likes to listen, Amrita said: "Personally I'm a huge retro buff because that era had melody which is washed out from today's music. That's why a song becomes really famous and after one year no one wants to hear it again. Those songs, that we used to have earlier, you can hear them again and again.

"Anything soulfully created - may it be music or acting - straightaway touches the heart."

Actress Amrita Rao, who made her TV debut with "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai", says she wants to stay out of non-fiction or infinite shows.

"I don't want to be associated with non-fiction or infinite shows except for comedy shows. I have never enjoyed watching them. I can't relate to fictional stories at all. I just feel its wrongly influencing the audience and the new generation," Amrita said.

In the &TV show "Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai", Amrita is playing the role of a singer named Kalyani from the 1970s.

The show takes viewers on a soulful journey of two sisters by having music as its backdrop, and focus on their lives as singing sisters Kalyani and Ketki and spans three generations.

"There is a friction between the sisters but there are sentiments and love between them," Amrita said.

Despite her foray in television, Amrita, best known for her roles in films like "Ishq Vishk", "Main Hoon Na", "Welcome to Sajjanpur" and "Jolly LLB", said that she will continue to act in movies too.

"I will continue doing films and that's why I said yes to finite show so that I can continue with my films commitment as well. Such shows have a definite ending and I can manage my time well," she added.

source tellybuzz
    priya185 thumbnail
    videos
    please note I will post some videos of my choice not all videos 

http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/1240/meri-awaaz-hi-pehchaan-hai/video/397599-candidchat-amrita-rao-on-meri-aawaz-hi-pehchaan-hai.htm
    http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/1240/meri-awaaz-hi-pehchaan-hai/video/399211-amrita-rao-and-aditi-vasudev-charcha-over-chai.htm
    http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/1240/meri-awaaz-hi-pehchaan-hai/video/399212-first-glimpse-of-meri-awaaz-hi-pehchaan-hai.htm
    http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/1240/meri-awaaz-hi-pehchaan-hai/video/399362-tv-celebs-special-message-on-woman-day.htm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd7EVwN2PFQ
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUORnJgg_Zw

priya185 thumbnail

The Godfather of Indian TV @niveditabasu has a new show.All the Best Nivi. I promise good content.Dont miss it

TC_FA thumbnail
    IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
    first episode was good,hope to see future episodes also ðŸ˜ƒ