Indradhanush - Page 107

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by modernfamily

Poor Neel! I'm feeling so sorry for him. A widower's thoughts are  something I have never come across. 
Nupur was a fine lady and he was in love with her. How can he get over her in a moment and promise wedding to Suvi. If it was Neel and nupur's story we would have not liked his relationship with Suvi. I don't know how people work on second marriages and it will be interesting to see how a person moves on from one relationship to another and how much time does it take to deal with the baggage

Its impossible for some and its very easy for others, I have known as many women that have married within a year as have men... after losing a spouse

I tell myself "Moving on doesnt mean the first spouse was shitty"
Its just that some human beings CANNOT be alone
Its no critique of how their first marriage was

I have grown as a person and become less judgemental about people in my 20 years in this country.
Not everything fits into INDIA'S stereotype of things. It shouldnt!!

I have learned it the hard way
Good people get lonely
In India you are afraid to say it because you will seem like you are betraying your dead spouse
In India the man's parents, friends sisters brothers, coworkers will all fall over each other in hooking up a man

A woman is SUPPOSED to stay single, though we claim to be "modern"

Loneliness is gender blind, Sudhi!! According to Indians it only happens to men
Men are APPLAUDED for the rare occasions they choose to stay single after losing a  spouse
Women are dismissed to a life of loneliness... like I said women are an Indian woman's worst enemy

And then there are some men and women that lead lonely bereft lives for 50 or 60 years...Cry
I am signed up to go to some Leadership Summit next Friday (I am NO leader some kind of a career dev thing) next Friday, 10 of us in our company got selec, I asked a chick at my site if she would go with me, she is 34.

She said she has to head to her "Mom's wedding rehearsal dinner" afterwards so she cant car pool. Her Mom is 52 and tying the knot for the third time on Sat May 7th... my friend has a sibling in Colorado that doesnt talk to her Mom so my friend is making all the arrangements, her sister is not even coming to their Mom's wedding

My first thought was "What the hell is a woman thats 52 year old getting married for"

Then I realized... neither me nor India's 1.4 billion people will care for and protect the 52 year old when she ages. Gossip? We most certainly can...

If she has found a man that will

She should be allowed to marry him

This country is like a breath of fresh air

No shaming biz

I am falling for Suvi's boldness over and over again!
Koi kaam do yaar 7ft ko!
And how can WITCH push Suvi to literally two ends at a time ??? Becahri chowmein laayi uss ke waste and woh waste ho gaya 
Motu should just shut up.
That slimy creature again is hitting on Suvi?!?!

I like the way she said timepass though.

Nisha...I so agree with your statement of nothing should fit the Indian lines. Absolutely true.
Modernity is only in names as you said. 
Attitudes need to change. Change must begin within. Until I as a woman dont stop being judgemental to my actions I wont judge someone else's.
This is my mantra to stay peaceful
You are right a woman's worst enemy is a a woman. Oh I had to share this with you guys. I recently came across two kids with their noses in the air. Anyway what they said during the chit chat left me ashamed of the parents.apparently their mom tells them they shouldn't hang with kids who eat non veg in fact not even sit next to them .or they'll become impure. The said lady is a working professional. I didn't know what to say I was just too shocked. My neighbours are iyers and those kids were admonishing them saying who eats what is no one's problem . two different families and two different sanskaars. 
It's so true second marriage comes with different thoughts for everyone...
I recently went through it when my SIL lost her husband at the age of 40
And all were trying to get her remarry..
Then I asked her did she really want it
Can she give the place of her husband with whom she lived for 18 years to someone else
Coz I can't imagine that...
Then she said no she can't
Then I asked her voice her opinion they hav got u married for the first time without ur permission ( I think in arrange marriage they don't ask but tell u that u hav to get marry)
Now u hav to say Wht u want..

Haan if the person is ready then there's no harm in moving on
Originally posted by sonalgupta2004

It's so true second marriage comes with different thoughts for everyone...
I recently went through it when my SIL lost her husband at the age of 40
And all were trying to get her remarry..
Then I asked her did she really want it
Can she give the place of her husband with whom she lived for 18 years to someone else
Coz I can't imagine that...
Then she said no she can't
Then I asked her voice her opinion they hav got u married for the first time without ur permission ( I think in arrange marriage they don't ask but tell u that u hav to get marry)
Now u hav to say Wht u want..

Haan if the person is ready then there's no harm in moving on

Sonal
But two years from now , 6 months from now, 18 months from now, 8 weeks from now
if she falls in love with someone and wants to marry him
SHE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO

NO WOMAN whose husband is alive will be willing to care for your sister in law when she ages
Yes she will get a LOT of  free pity, and free ka khaana in some home or the other

I bet you thats not what she is looking for thoughBig smile

She may not have a huge sex drive but she might want to share stuff with some one
Taking that away from her is horrible

I have a cousin who had her first child at 45, she was shamed by one and all

They all "caringly" told her "Oh how will it be if you get pregnant NOW"Angry
She went ahead and had a child anyway

Screw the relatives

Originally posted by docs

You are right a woman's worst enemy is a a woman. Oh I had to share this with you guys. I recently came across two kids with their noses in the air. Anyway what they said during the chit chat left me ashamed of the parents.apparently their mom tells them they shouldn't hang with kids who eat non veg in fact not even sit next to them .or they'll become impure. The said lady is a working professional. I didn't know what to say I was just too shocked. My neighbours are iyers and those kids were admonishing them saying who eats what is no one's problem . two different families and two different sanskaars. 

Iyers can be the most heartless insensitive people Doc
I KNOW, I am oneCry
We wrap everything in religion to justify it.
An Iyer priest that performed poojas in our family, was the heaviest drinker I knew of in my teen years
He evaded taxes like it was nobody's biz, he had plots of land all over Rohtak and Bhiwadi and Dadri all bought from his ill gotten gains of performing poojas at Delhi netas' homes

I also know of Iyer priests that have gone the Dharmendra way... taken on two wivesClap

Its all a bunch of BS actually...