Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-zozo- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: aysemLDG

Bold: A very good observation. I didn't even remark it and realized after you had pointed it out. And -zozo- claimed that she hasn't even talked her.Even this single statement says everthing.  

i'm haven't spoken to her in months... that is the truth LOL, i haven't updated my signature in over a year, good for you on being so ignorant. 
Rish_Rubles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -zozo-

okay first of all i am not her mother, i barely freaking talk to her... sigh.

As for the law argument, that is exactly it, let the writer of the original work handle the situation with ravneet, if she wants to take it to court then she can, she has the right to. Zana's to idea and the message behind the whole thing was good, the EXECUTION, i.e freaking posting screenshots and singling someone out was horrible. Ravneet did something very stupid that's pretty obvious so i am not i WOULDN'T defend her. But you, me or anyone else is in no position to be berating our holy then thou attitudes because at the end of the day it was a mistake a lie, which i am pretty we all have committed, So stop pointing fingers and get to the root of the problem. Plagiarism is not okay, make a PSA ost about it, the addition of those screenshot was unnecessary and petty.

Using someones energy and work and claiming it as your own, then if someone points it out, apologize and bam! You are done with it? Woah!
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hi. You realize that sarcasm is not your cup of tea right? I mean this really put me off, sorry for diverting the topic, though. Coming to the point here, I would like to question you a bit.

1. Are you a writer yourself?

Yes, not anymore cuz i have better things to do with my life.

Please teach those better things of life to your friend. Because definitely we all are jobless, idiots to be here writing stories. You realize that you are insulting someone's passion right? And don't tell me, freedom of expression. Freedom of expression is snatched away when you insult someone's thoughts, beliefs or ethics.

2. Is Ravneet your friend? Or are you a friend of friend of Ravneet who is trying to help Ravneet by asking your help?

Yes she is my friend but i haven't spoken to her in months. not to mention we aren't even that close. This topic was brought to my knowledge through someone else and i felt obliged to give voice my opinion because this is the Internet and i have the right to do so.

Well, it was brought to your knowledge by someone who claims to have suffered due to plagiarism. You have the right to voice out your opinion, yes. You have the right to question the rules but you have no right to insult someone's pain, someone's anguish and someone's hardwork which went behind making this post, if you cannot imagine yourself in Zana's shoes.

3. Albatross around your neck. I hope you have heard the idiom or 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', if not please do so. Because if you do something bad, you are bound to face the consequences too.

I agree, when someone makes a mistake they should 100% except the consequences but this is a very ugly approach to it all... lol ya let's be the adults that we are and embarrass this girl in front of "1000" people, that is oh so smart... is that attempt at sarcasm to your liking? Either way i don't care.

She should have thought of the embarrassment before she committed the mistake, my darling. Are you trying to imply that a criminal's name should not be released into the public, just because that criminal would feel embarrassed? Come on, don't be such a spoil-sport. And by the way, it was not a mistake but a crime by many laws.

Please don't even try sarcasm. Because when people combine sarcasm and meanness, it is just disgusting.

4. Are you trying to prove the laws, the jurisprudence of so many countries wrong, by pointing out that this is 'the most petty thing someone could possibly do'?

No i am not, re-read what my comment and try and comprehend what i am saying, honestly it isn't that hard.

Try reading Anti-Plagiarism laws and IF COC, I am sure Vijay had not drafted out a very difficult COC for anyone to read. It is a petty thing for you, darling not for the writers. We give our every thing to writing, which is definitely very stupid according to you. So as we should accept change, I will take that.

5. One of the top writers of this forum, Madhu left writing because of plagiarism and this hurt so many of her readers/fans. Forget Madhu, there are so many other people who are extremely hurt due to plagiarism. I would request you to contact some of your reader friends who used to be a reader of Madhu or writer friends who have faced this problem. Assumption, has a basis, my darling. We are not fools to make a joke out of ourselves to make a post in a public forum by making an assumption without a basis.

An IF FF writer quit writing because her work was copied? okay.

6. Sorry if this hurts you, but did we ask your opinion? Are you in any of these people's buddy lists? Or did you come here on the request of your friends?

This didn't hurt me girl, you have to do may better then this, and also like i said before, this isn't your personal haven of opinions, the same rights apply to you as they do me i.e the Internet.

The same internet prohibits any kind of plagiarism. I request a check for your, baby. Please check the Internet for more fruitful things, atleast it would save your time and energy and ours too.

7. Please correct me if I am wrong but aren't we saying it generally by quoting your friend's example, whose name you proudly carry in your signature box?

What? I honestly didn't understand you there. but ya she made me a signature for my 17 birthday, over a year ago... goes to show i haven'y been online is so long, your point?

Remember that if you point one finger at others, then three fingers of your own ill be pointing towards yourself.

You make no sense.

Let me make it briefly clear to you all because apparently non of you can read, i in no way condone plagiarism, BUT singling someone out in a public forum is also not okay, there are many alternative approaches to handling this dilemma. Lastly, i think the idea of raising awareness of the severity of plagiarism is great but the execution of this particular post was horrible. I have been on wattpad for years and this particular writer had her work stolen which she addressed to her readers (she is continuing to write that story). But throughout all that she didn't once mention the name of the person who copied her work, you know why? Because that is also not okay. I don't think you guys understand the impact of including those screenshots may have had.

PS: i am not defending Ravneet she did in fact do a very stupid thing, 

As you can read much better than we all can here you go:

Legal Repercussions

The legal repercussions of plagiarism can be quite serious. Copyright laws are absolute. One cannot use another person's material without citation and reference. An author has the right to sue a plagiarist. Some plagiarism may also be deemed a criminal offense, possibly leading to a prison sentence. Those who write for a living, such as journalists or authors, are particularly susceptible to plagiarism issues. Those who write frequently must be ever-vigilant not to err. Writers are well-aware of copyright laws and ways to avoid plagiarism. As a professional writer, to plagiarize is a serious ethical and perhaps legal issue.

Monetary Repercussions

Many recent news reports and articles have exposed plagiarism by journalists, authors, public figures, and researchers. In the case where an author sues a plagiarist, the author may be granted monetary restitution. In the case where a journalist works for a magazine, newspaper or other publisher, or even if a student is found plagiarizing in school, the offending plagiarist could have to pay monetary penalties.

What IF says about differences between Inspiration and Plagiarism?

Inspiration is when you see something/experience something and are inspired to create something from it. Fan Fiction comes under inspiration.

In the first case - When you see a scene from a movie, and base a WHOLE NEW STORY, yes it is inspiration.

In the second case - when you tweak the plot of a story, it is plagiarism. Why? Because you are not actually creating something. Its like stealing a diamond necklace from somebody, and replacing one of the diamonds with a ruby. I hope you get what I mean -

To give you another example - lets say I steal an umbrella from somebody. I come home, and colour the umbrella red. it doesn't change the fact that I stole it

To point number three - there is a huge difference between concept and plot. Concept is me saying "the concept of my story is that Khushi has an accident, and suffers from amnesia ... and Arnav helps her regain her memory"

That is the concept of your story.

Plot is me saying - "okay so Khushi has a motorbike accident, Arnav rushes to the hospital, khushi doesn't recognise him, Arnav is traumatised, then he meets doctors who tell him Khushi's memory can be bought back, then he swears to bring Khushi's memory back, she gets discharged from the hospital and blah blah blah blah.

Somebody writing an entirely different plotline ON THE CONCEPT of K losing her memory and A helping her recovering it cannot be counted as plagiarism.

Consequences in IF, by IF COC:

Plagiarizing a PORTION/ PARAGRAPH:  The member will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, along with a three day closure of their fan fiction with a notice of plagiarism with the plagiarized content removed!  Each individual offense will be considered as a separate instance!

Example:  If a member was reported to have plagiarized in two separate fan fictions in this manner, their W/L will be raised by 40% along with three day closure for both FFs with notice of plagiarism left behind.   

However, for three or more instances (i.e. 3 or more FFs) of Plagiarizing a PORTION/ PARAGRAPH, the plagiarizer will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, and a notice of plagiarism will be left on the respective FFs with the plagiarized content removed and each FF will be closed for 1 - 2 weeksTwo days after the notice of plagiarism, the offender will be temporarily banned for 1 - 2 weeks (depending on the extent of plagiarism).

Plagiarizing the ENTIRE CONTENT:  The thread will be locked immediately with a notice of plagiarism and the plagiarizer will get an immediate raise in warning level by 20%, Two days after the notice of plagiarism, the offender will be temporarily banned for 1 - 2 weeks (depending on the extent of plagiarism).  Shortly after the entire FF will be trashed.  Each individual offense of this nature will be considered as a separate instance.   

If someone continues to plagiarize despite being penalized in the above manner, their account could face a permanent ban with all their breaching FFs being trashed!  NOTE that each offense will accumulate throughout! 

Though it may seem very harsh, but this is a very serious concern and everyone's effort should be credited accordingly!  It is NOT AT ALL fair to present OTHER'S WORK AS YOUR OWN!

P.S: I work for India-Forums Pvt Ltd.

Edited by .MereRangMein. - 8 years ago
Yagyaseni thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rish_Rubles

Using someones energy and work and claiming it as your own, then if someone points it out, apologize and bam! You are done with it? Woah!

What to do Rish? Times have changed and we are still stuck with rules! People went way too ahead of us. And when everything is on the face, what are we even speaking about? She said that we all have done it.

MsZozo, by doing this you or Ravneet might gain fame but will never be able to gain respect in anyone's eyes. Anyone can earn fame, money but not all can earn respect.
-zozo- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rish_Rubles

She had no right to PUBLICLY point it out, it wasn't Zana's work that was stolen, smh. She could have been platonic about the whole thing and just addressed the severity of plagiarism... UGH I am not Zana's idea of raising awareness was wrong, tbh she was doing the right thing... till she included those screenshots. I would argue more but i have exams, and i guess i have said what i had to so, again it was all my opinion, i was just shedding light on a different prospective which you guy can totally disregard if you like. If i was rude in any way i apologize but i still stand by what i said, singling someone out like that is not okay. Try to put yourself in her shoes. Honestly, i am not defending her mistake, i would have the same opinion if it were either of you in her position and keep in mind we are all strangers.
Rish_Rubles thumbnail

Originally posted by: .MereRangMein.

What to do Rish? Times have changed and we are still stuck with rules! People went way too ahead of us. And when everything is on the face, what are we even speaking about? She said that we all have done it.

MsZozo, by doing this you or Ravneet might gain fame but will never be able to gain respect in anyone's eyes. Anyone can earn fame, money but not all can earn respect.

I seriously want this case to be resolved soon. Very soon! I cant even put myself in those shoes and imagine what if this happens to me, what if my work is stolen? It is so hurtful so see your work getting THIS much appreciated!!! 

Edited by Rish_Rubles - 8 years ago
aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

okay first of all i am not her mother, i barely freaking talk to her... sigh.

As for the law argument, that is exactly it, let the writer of the original work handle the situation with ravneet, if she wants to take it to court then she can, she has the right to. Zana's to idea and the message behind the whole thing was good, the EXECUTION, i.e freaking posting screenshots and singling someone out was horrible. Ravneet did something very stupid that's pretty obvious so i am not i WOULDN'T defend her. But you, me or anyone else is in no position to be berating our holy then thou attitudes because at the end of the day it was a mistake a lie, which i am pretty we all have committed, So stop pointing fingers and get to the root of the problem. Plagiarism is not okay, make a PSA ost about it, the addition of those screenshot was unnecessary and petty.

You are still calling a crime as a mistake. First, you should accept that it is a legal crime. Mistake can be dropping water on someone by accident or bumping someone while walking. Stealing a story is a crime. And for your imformation, I didn't commit a crime which is called as mistake in your mind. I don't know what kind of imaginary world you are living in but in my world, everyone doesn't commit a crime which is again a mistake for you. If all people had committed a crime, as you claimed it to be, now all population of the world would have been behind bars or been paying compensation or fine.

Just a few minutes ago, you said that you didn't talk to her and now you are saying that you are barely talking to her, after realizing that someone poited out the name of your friend on your signature.

Coming to the screenshot, your friend immediately deleted the story in order to destroy the evidences. So Zana did the right thing by providing us the necessary proofs.
Edited by aysemLDG - 8 years ago
Rish_Rubles thumbnail

She had no right to PUBLICLY point it out, it wasn't Zana's work that was stolen, smh. She could have been platonic about the whole thing and just addressed the severity of plagiarism... UGH I am not Zana's idea of raising awareness was wrong, tbh she was doing the right thing... till she included those screenshots. I would argue more but i have exams, and i guess i have said what i had to so, again it was all my opinion, i was just shedding light on a different prospective which you guy can totally disregard if you like. If i was rude in any way i apologize but i still stand by what i said, singling someone out like that is not okay. Try to put yourself in her shoes. Honestly, i am not defending her mistake, i would have the same opinion if it were either of you in her position and keep in mind we are all strangers.

Yes it is rude, why do you think there a bunch of people in a court?

Plagiarism is plagiarism. It is not Zana's work but you know what? Zana, me and who ever writer is standing up here with her is doing the hard work earning likes and comments, making our names as writers here while the plagiarizer just copies and earn that place? NO! This is not right. 

She should have read the rules before!! What is our mistake for writing putting in our precious time? And dont even start on what is better work for you other than writing or not. 

I already told i have no personal clash with her but this is unfair with us too.
-zozo- thumbnail

Originally posted by: .MereRangMein.

EW FAME lmfao what? how? i logged in on here yesterday after 3 months, i barely communicate with anyone, smh. 
Yagyaseni thumbnail

]She had no right to PUBLICLY point it out, it wasn't Zana's work that was stolen, smh. She could have been platonic about the whole thing and just addressed the severity of plagiarism... UGH I am not Zana's idea of raising awareness was wrong, tbh she was doing the right thing... till she included those screenshots. I would argue more but i have exams, and i guess i have said what i had to so, again it was all my opinion, i was just shedding light on a different prospective which you guy can totally disregard if you like. If i was rude in any way i apologize but i still stand by what i said, singling someone out like that is not okay. Try to put yourself in her shoes. Honestly, i am not defending her mistake, i would have the same opinion if it were either of you in her position and keep in mind we are all strangers.

Please your amazing friend destroyed every piece of evidence! Yes, evidence because everything here is going on in legal terms so let this also be in legal terms. Don't think we are against Ravneet, we are against the crime she committed. Please, write a story, and know the pain before naming all this as petty. As Rish said, there's a reason why there a bunch of people in a court.