Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
Gosh another case of plaigarism! Being a victim of such offence myself I know how it feels when someone claims ur story as their own nd it results in moving them to some restricted blog, posting a note on the IF thread that it's been moved to blog nd the link being sent to nly trusted readership! It really pains when some of the loyal readers who nly read ask u for ur blog link and u deny bcoz u dnt know them or barely interacted with them obviously they get offended nd we hurt! Feedback is nly the thing ny writer gains for his Fiction nothing else! Its an offence nd needs to be handled seriously! many of my buddies either did stop writing nd left or r continuing as mere readers jst cos they attached with few ppl around here!

@.Ravneet-:
I am atleast happy that u realise ur mistake hopefully u will remember ur words nd wont repeat it!😊 nd I don't think Zanu or even nyone else can take u out of the matter it is only the original writers decision of what should be done! Maybe u will even have to deal with her lawyer since plaigarism is a crime!
Not really moral policing but its not really against rules quoting nd bringing it to the attention what u have done...
Refer to the rule against plaigarism here:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3132202
since there is hardly ny DT member active its absolutely fine if she makes it a separate topic to get some attention to the deed!Edited by -Fleurdelice- - 8 years ago
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Report it to the IF mods

They will delete the plagiarised story

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
RES
after work, 

Zana this is really something very important to be addressed.Simply informing MODS doesn't solve anything.

being a victim,  at the very first story by myself, I know how does anyone go through such restlessness.It takes hours of labor to write one chapter and the whole story takes a whole lot from you as a writer.Your dreams, your , planning, your hardwork goes in a drain in a split of a second when someone just copies and pastes your work with his or her name.

I don't understand the logic behind it ,but this is totally bizarre.

A lot of excellent writers have left or have moved their work on a restricted blog.It hurts.

As a writer what do we have, a readership and that one thing makes us keep going on.Now a lot of writers have either stopped writing or planning to move on because there are groups of readers...and they just read only their friends or within their own circle.I have no idea what is the logic behind there.

Whatever the reason they hold makes no sense.It seems to me they want certain friends/writers  only 
and same with the readers, 
Who are virtul ones and can't be pointed out as a plagiarist .

Tough choices...

but CopyRight Laws are strict enough to control ,but again how to stop this is a big question?

Thnx Zana for this needed one.
Edited by .ArshiHamesha. - 8 years ago
pmohan89 thumbnail
Zana ,This is a must post.
Thanks for the initiative,but something must be done against it especially when there are loads of new writers are here having one or the other way some parts similar to he original owners.PM box is yelling these days.

Alas, hoping for good

Once again Thanks :)
AdventureAwaits thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks to all people who support this kind of actions. I am not doing this only for me. I am doing this for all writers and readers who have been used for this crimes. It's sad that this Thread get so many clicks but so less open support. 

At least I hope the writers know after they saw this tread that there are ways to fight against this kind of injustice. It's enough to copy paste your own work and check the google for plagiarism. So you can protect yourself in the first.

Also everyone who needs help for copyright their work can contact me. It's very easily and do not cost anything. 

Comming to the request to remove this post.

The answer is NO.

I am not removing anything. I didn't do anything against the RULES. I didn't lie or use bad names for the plagiariser. I didn't bash or target anyone. I didn't invite anyone to this thread and didn't even ask my own readers to support me. 

So no one can say that I invited people to bash or target someone on my thread. I just shared the truth and facts and underlined it with proofs (screenshoots). Since IF is not doing anything on their own to protect US WRITERS and are just removing threads and only warn plagiarisers to keep everything silent and uncomplicated for them, I will continue with this. I hope readers and writers are enjoying me. 

This plagiariser is not the only one. I saw few plagiarised work but didn't have time to report it. I know here are a lot of plagiarised stories and I am going to find them. The luck of this people is that I don't have much time. Otherwise I would post today few more threads. 

I don't think that the plagiariser understood what she did because she would not call this

I guess I got overly inspired

Changing the names and posting someones story without any permission is not OVERLY INSPIRED. I won't discuss anything anymore and leave it to the original writer. I did what I can. The rest is on her. 

I am going to do this with every other plagiariser here on IF. And if India Forums is going to remove this post I am going to share your names, stolen work, inclusive screenshoots as proof with the original writter and of course on other pages like facebook, twitter, and many more.

If anyone think I am afraid. I am not. I am going to fulfil your wishes.
You are stealing someone's work to enjoy a moment of fame. To enjoy how people praise you and your work. Well I am going to give you this all.

I am going to make you famous.

Edited by ZANADI - 8 years ago
aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
You should continue fighting against plagiarism Zana. Maybe some people still don't understand what a big crime is but stealing others' pains and hard work is a crime which should be punished. I know IF doesn't think it is important to protect copyrights but we know it. 

Besides, accepting the mistake or trying to change it's concept by using the word of 'inspiration', least but not the least, deleting the story in order to clear the evidences don't remove the fact that it's still a crime. 

If that person who stole other writer's story can't be creative enough to write her own story, then she shouldn't even have tried to be an author. Being bad at writing isn't the end of the world but committing a crime by copying others work will surely leave a bad impact about that person.

Not taking any legal action against plagiarism will make the IF the partner in crime. I guess it's not difficult to sue that person for damaging IF's reputation.
Deluna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

A must and needed post, indeed. I have seen my favourite writers leaving their stories in mid just because of plagiarism. I have been a silent but ardent fan plus reader of IF from last few years and now as a writer, this place has given amazing and awesome people as readers as well as friends to me. But being a writer, there is a constant fear of my story being plagiarized. I am still an amateur at writing, but the fear of my concept or plot or even a small piece of my stories being copied is always there. I have to think twice before updating or starting a new story.

I just don't understand what does this people think while copy/pasting. How much it takes to think something and write down or type on your pc? What do you think we feel when you do such thing?

All the writers here write because they love writing. Some as a hobby, some for cheering up from a bad day, some as a passion, etc. But each and everyone give their time, dedication and share their imaginations/visions and I should also mention money that goes in internet. Many even share their own life as a fiction or fan-fiction. And by plagiarizing or as you like to say being over-inspired' and copy/pasting someone's own story on your name, you kill a part of them. You kill the urge, their talent of using words like a magic. How will you feel if someone does this to you?? Please think, just for a minute at least, before doing such thing.

@Zanadi- Thank you for bringing it to everyone's notice. I saw the story yesterday and had actually liked it. I was feeling bad that I couldn't comment on it because of my exams. But now am happy that I didn't.

I will also like to know about the copyright thing, you mentioned.

@ Sans- Thanks dear for sharing the thread. I hope more people come forward to support it.

To dear MODs and IF,

For once, I request, please don't close or remove/move this thread. It is very important for readers and writers. Please do something to protect us from such crime. My earnest request.

This post is not to offend anyone.

madhu1210 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed ...make sense...
Because of some  we hve lost very good writers n stories. ..

For Arshi's sake stopped  copying yaar...

I hope IF take some action

-zozo- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I applaud your ATTEMPT at doing the right thing, i really do. The fact that you broad casted someone's mistake for the whole freaking IF community to witness is very mature of you, GOOD FREAKING JOB! 

But seriously, did you really think that THIS was a good idea? It's one thing to make a PSA about plagiarism but to single out someone in front of everyone? Smh. You could have personally contacted her and voiced out your opinion on the matter or could have directed her to a similar post MINUS the screenshots, but guess that wasn't wiser. Also lol, "For someone like me, PLAGIARISM is same like killing my soul.', oh is it really though? Is it really like "killing" your "soul"? I do not in anyway condone plagiarism, i think it'a the most petty thing someone could possibly do but that does not mean your approach at handling this whole situation was in any way justified. As for "If any of the readers ask themselves why their writers do not continue their stories or stop updating then this is the answer, PLAGIARISM.", that is a very broadly generalized and untrue assumption... an assumption not a fact. Lastly, i saw the girl owning up to and apologizing for her stupidity. So with that in mind why don't you acquire a bit of prospective and at the LEAST delete those screenshots.

This is just my opinion on this whole thing, i think the idea behind this post was good but the execution was horrible. 
Edited by -zozo- - 8 years ago
AdventureAwaits thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -zozo-

I applaud your ATTEMPT at doing the right thing, i really do. The fact that you broad casted someone's mistake for the whole freaking IF community to witness is very mature of you, GOOD FREAKING JOB! 

But seriously, did you really think that THIS was a good idea? It's one thing to make a PSA about plagiarism but to single out someone in front of everyone? Smh. You could have personally contacted her and voiced out your opinion on the matter or could have directed her to a similar post MINUS the screenshots, but guess that wasn't wiser. Also lol, "For someone like me, PLAGIARISM is same like killing my soul.', oh is it really though? Is it really like "killing" your "soul"? I do not in anyway condone plagiarism, i think it'a the most petty thing someone could possibly do but that does not mean your approach at handling this whole situation was in any way justified. As for "If any of the readers ask themselves why their writers do not continue their stories or stop updating then this is the answer, PLAGIARISM.", that is a very broadly generalized and untrue assumption... an assumption not a fact. Lastly, i saw the girl owning up to and apologizing for her stupidity. So with that in mind why don't you acquire a bit of prospective and at the LEAST delete those screenshots.

This is just my opinion on this whole thing, i think the idea behind this post was good but the execution was horrible. 

She is your buddy. That says everything.😉

You can state your opinion and protect your friend as much as you want. This is your right. And I have my right too. Your comment does not touch me or make me change my opinion. I am just asking myself why is plagiarism ok when it's someone of your buddy's?