AdventureAwaits thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello. My name is Zanadi and I am writer on India Forums since few years.

Here is something what makes me extremly angry and what is happening here on India Forums since I know.

We have few people who think that copy and paste someone's work is pretty normal and ok.
We have people who think that it's ok to steal someone's work and share it under own name. 
We have people here who think that EXTREMLY INSPIERED means COPY/PASTE.

Well dear people on IF and other social pages. This is called PLAGIARISM.

And I am sick and tiered of this. 

For someone like me, PLAGIARISM is same like killing my soul.
We writers put so much into our work and spend so much time just to fight in the end with the PLAGIARISM. And  then we loose our inspiration or simply lust to write or update any of our stories. 

If any of the readers ask themselves why their writers do not continue their stories or stop updating then this is the answer. PLAGIARISM

I saw posts where Writers have been asked to come back to complete their work. I think many of them do not see it worth to update here on India Forums because of Plagiarism issue. Because no one really cares to do something. 

Well there might be some writers who left because lack of response  too but this is one other story.

I am asking India Forums who is protecting US writers? 

It's so easy to find plagiarised stories when you copy/paste the posted text from India Forums and google it, then you can find the original work very easily. 

Go to any Thread. Copy few sentences and paste in google the same sentences. You can find the original work very easy and if there is no the same text to find  then the writer on India Forums is really the original writer of his story. I ask everyone here on India Forums to try this. 

Why is there no one on India Forums who is repsonsible for this job? Why is no one on India Forums who is protecting us writers? After all it should be India Forums job to make sure everything is ok on this forum or do India Forums want US to do your work? 

India Forums should think that the bad reputation can be very dangerous for you. If the Forum became famous for plagiarism then no writer will update their work and we writers are who keep this forum alive.

I don't have nerves and time to play detective for India Forums and right now I just want to leave this forum. 

Isn't that weird that there are people who are stealing the work from the same Forum and even post it on this forum without any mod who remark this? How is this possible that no one remark that the same story comes under different names on different sections on India Forums? Why is it needful that we readers and writers control if one story is plagiarised or not? Who is paying us for this job? And why should we put so much effort into being active on this place when no one is really taking care of us.

The reson why I am sharing my opinion here is because I want the readers, writers and also mods to think about an solution where all of us could be happy. Otherwise I don't see any other option to leave this Forum right now. 

To all Plagiarisers

I am going to make WAR against you. I am going to make hard time here on IF for you.  I am evil and not your friend. I am going to publish all your plagiarised work and your name. Inclusive the name of the original writer and of course report you to the original writer in hope you have to deal with his anger and lawyer. If India Forums is not protecting us we will protect each other. I won't be nice because you don't deserve to be treated nice. 

There is no need for Plagiariser of this story to remove it. I make an screenshots and going to send it per email to original writer. Also this is my proof for India Forums. 

Here is the first Plagiarised work. 

Original work on Wattpad

Screenshot as proof if the Plagiariser try to hide everything. I post screenshot from both updaters for you to see what I mean. The original writer of this story on Wattpad is @kaddydee. The original name of the story Breaking the bad boy. I posted the screenshot of her work too. You can check it in the end.

ORIGINAL WORK

Edited by ZANADI - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
As a student, even my assignments are controlled by a computer system to be sure that I din't copy someone else's homework. So it should be easy for India Forums to establish the same kind of mechanism for fan fictions to protect writers' rights. 

In some countries, plagiarism is a big crime. However, on IF Mods just ban the member who copied others' works, without taking any legal action against that person. So if that person gets banned, she/he can easily open another account on IF, there is no control mechanism for this as well. 

I generally spend my time on IF by reading Fan Fictions just like many other members. So the management stuff should give importance to fan fictions in forms of protecting authors, if they want to maintain the popularity of IF. 

Just because the management stuff didn't take any action against plagiarism despite having many request by writers, we lost so many talented writers who left IF without completing their stories or removing them.
Originally posted by: aysemLDG

As a student, even my assignments are controlled by a computer system to be sure that I din't copy someone else's homework. So it should be easy for India Forums to establish the same kind of mechanism for fan fictions to protect writers' rights. 

In some countries, plagiarism is a big crime. However, on IF Mods just ban the member who copied others' works, without taking any legal action against that person. So if that person gets banned, she/he can easily open another account on IF, there is no control mechanism for this as well. 

I generally spend my time on IF by reading Fan Fictions just like many other members. So the management stuff should give importance to fan fictions in forms of protecting authors, if they want to maintain the popularity of IF. 

Just because the management stuff didn't take any action against plagiarism despite having many request by writers, we lost so many talented writers who left IF without completing their stories or removing them.

Agree absolutely.

There are definitely ways for IF to control and make it hard for plagiarisers to steal our hard work. I was till today silent but I can't be it anymore. We the writers need to be careful what we do or write. What we post and not. I have the feeling that plagiarisers are more protected than us. I would not wonder if one of the mods close this thread because dicussions thread should be opened on the CC section. This are the tricks that IF are using. They call it RULES.

I am so frustrated that this kind of thing are happening since so many years and nothing is changing. We the writers spend so much time to be here and post our stories and what do we get in return. Nothing.

We are silenced and afraid to say what we think because we fear of consequences. Mods can close our profiles or Threads very easily. When the plagiariser post the stolen story and they remove it he/she just open new account and start again. Mods are more concerned about spaming the threads and people chatting about the story than taking actions to protect the people which are responsible that many people visit the page daily.

Removing is not enough. Real actions need to happen. I remarked that the mods are not very active. So who is here to check the Forum. It seems no one.
aysemLDG thumbnail
IF must have a legal adviser or a lawyer who deals with this kind of situation. Zana, yolu should send the link of this thread to your readers and other writers to gain more support. Moreover, yolu should inform the writers of the story whose writer stole other person's pains by posting the same comment there.

IF must have a legal adviser or a lawyer who deals with this kind of situation. Zana, yolu should send the link of this thread to your readers and other writers to gain more support. Moreover, yolu should inform the writers of the story whose writer stole other person's pains by posting the same comment there.

Yes, India Forums should have but they don't. Isn't it sad?
Actually it's enough for mods to show their presence. Control here and there but nothing is happening. I am not the first one who open one Thread to show how serious this situation is.
Many writters did it before me. Some left, some stayed as reader but nothing changed.

Yes India Forums have RULES about plagiarism but this is not enough when no one is there who make sure that posted stories are not plagiarised.

I did contact the original writter allready but she didn't reply till now. I wanted to know if she gave her permission but when I read this

I am sure she didn't give her permission. Should I be wrong, and she got the permission I am going to apologize. Otherwise not. This is just the beginning. If we do not get the support I am going to check the stories and make Threads like this. Plagiarisers should think before they do something like this. 

About support. Check out how many clicks this post have and how many have replyed or gave their support. 
Edited by ZANADI - 8 years ago
aysemLDG thumbnail
I guess in Ravneet's world highly inspired means copying and pasting and then paraphrasing some parts and changing the names of the characters. Because as far as I saw, everything is the same except the names and some little parts. 

"Paraphrasing plagiarism is committed when a writer summarizes an idea taken from another source and fails both to cite the author(s) and to provide the corresponding reference."

I remember a few months ago, one of the famous writer's work was also got plagiarized by another member on IF, the robber claimed that she only was inspired by the original story, but at one point, she even forgot to change characters' names.

If it was your story, you could sue the robber as plagiarism is an important case in European Union. But I think, It neither has enough value in India nor on IF.
Edited by aysemLDG - 8 years ago
Mendesarmy thumbnail
I'm owning upto my mistakes and yes I do take the ownership that yes I did copy it I guess I got overly inspired. I do acknowledge it's not fair for the writer & if you look I've deleted the story now. I'm even ready to apologize to everyone who read that story. I promise that I won't do it again.
And since I've deleted the story I'd appreciate if you delted this post bc it's against the IF rules target someone especially if it's removed. 
I'd truely appreciate if you kept my name out of this & deleted the screenshots.
kowshira9 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
U are so right zanadi.A lot of wonderful and awesome sories had been deleted due to plagarism.it is soo sad that people use others creativity  :/
aysemLDG thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Ravneet.

I'm owning upto my mistakes and yes I do take the ownership that yes I did copy it I guess I got overly inspired. I do acknowledge it's not fair for the writer & if you look I've deleted the story now. I'm even ready to apologize to everyone who read that story. I promise that I won't do it again.

And since I've deleted the story I'd appreciate if you delted this post bc it's against the IF rules target someone especially if it's removed. 
I'd truely appreciate if you kept my name out of this & deleted the screenshots.

It seems you very well know the rules of IF but have no idea about the rules of law. Plagiarism is not considered as a mistake but a crime that has severe punishment. Deleting the story does not remove a cause of complaint. After this point, it will neither be your decision nor Zana's to decide what will happen. The original writer has every right to take any action against you. By the way just like you claimed to misunderstand the differences between plagiarism and inspiration, once again, it seems you misunderstood the differences between targetting someone and stating an ugly fact.   
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It seems you very well know the rules of IF but have no idea about the rules of law. Plagiarism is not considered as a mistake but a crime that has severe punishment. Deleting the story does not remove a cause of complaint. After this point, it will neither be your decision nor Zana's to decide what will happen. The original writer has every right to take any action against you. By the way just like you claimed to misunderstand the differences between plagiarism and inspiration, once again, it seems you misunderstood the differences between targetting someone and stating an ugly fact.   

I didn't know that Vijay had come up with a new rule that we cannot state a fact which people have changed to avoid consequences. I don't remember anyone suggesting this rule, the last time Vijay asked for the CC Team to give suggestions, Ms.Ravneet. I request your apologies, but would you like to throw some light on this 'rule' which we are unaware of? I had safely assumed that since you know the pain of an author when their work is plagiarized due to your bosom pal, you would never commit something as this and then try to cover it up by quoting a 'rule'.