Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
080-4000-1000 Kalpana please contact the virtual helpline set up by retired IAS officers. They are doing some amazing work. If you give them the phone number they reach out and help people. Thats the work i was trying to do yesterday connect people to relief.
I am sure your uncles and Aunts will be fine
Call
Send SMS
Call from mobile
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminechick

Kalpana - Baasha with parents - No no 😆+ Roja with parents - Big No No (I went with my BFF and mom was the "guard" and ended up sitting in front of our Zoology teacher 😡).
Tell me about the teen heads - I am going thru something similar - my daughter's BFF on anti-deps, tried to commit suicide 3 times since school started. As of this week, they pulled her out of regular HS to go to rehab. 😭. My daughter is so worried for her. I am worried for girl and the girl's parents. Crazy times !!! I read an article yesterday how there is 19% ADHD diagonsis in US whereas only .5% in France. Directly connecting it to the food that we eat. 😕
Dont know how it willturn out for ourkids and grandkids. One thing - I try to teach my kids is eat well and eatclean. Lets hope we have an awareness soon on this( We should learn from Europeans to keep the environment and food pristine)

Tell me bout it my daughter is not yet tee but u know these days kids r into something..
Yesterday I went to a gathering and all moms were like kids r not taking care of themselves, they hav had irregular eating nd sleeping habits and we were like it will only improve
If they will come out of I-pads, smart phones,iPhones , then only they will look or think out themselves !!
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Hey all

I am so sorry for all those that hope to hear about the well being of family in Chennai. Its been horrible I hear. I dont have family in Chennai, well I do actually... but none I care about

My parents are in South right now for 3.5 weeks to attend three weddings, the last one is in Pondicherry on Dec 6th I think

Unfortunately neither Jayalalitha or Karunanidhi have bothered to invest in infrastructure.
The so called intellectuals dont give a damn either, they would rather brag about their wealthy children that live overseas and fly biz class to see them (I speak strictly for my family)

We are at the mercy of politicians in India, politicians and moron celebrities like Aamir Khan. Indians woke up briefly to kick his ass.
Hope they retain that rosham/shame when they go polling next time
and render everyone job less
Corruption and crime cannot survive without benefactors

On my local radio talk show I heard about a matrimonial service called imilap.com and how Faroukh Sharif aka scum of the earth had a profile there looking for a wife
I cringed in embarrassment, when the talk show host put the website under the scanner saying "Its from India, its for arranged marriages and such"

I am like "THAT DOG has nothing to do with India"

I am all for racial profiling and cruel and unusual methods of torture if it will put an end to this nonsense

Nisha - Whole of TN is affected.  Safe Travels to your parents! 

On the red highlighted comment - do you really think people have a choice ? It is one scroundrel or the other.  TN elections have always been a see-saw. I hope there is a someone out of the blue who can come out to wipe these guys (like Mudhalvan movie).
Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
For those wondering how to help Chennai some insights

http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/how-bengaluru-is-helping-chennai
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its my turn for work breakfast tomorrow so I  stepped out at lunch to go get it and stick it in the frig, so my coworker that comes in at 7 AM can set it out, I dont go in until after 9 AM

I was listening to NPR, and heard a new Desi name, Indira Lakshmanan
I was like WOWWW, sounds like an Iyer chick... I have heard Nora Ram, but not her,
I googled her at a traffic stop and it said "Indira has reported from EIGHTY countries"
I envied her briefly, most definitely
Here I was working ina desk job overlooking a grocery store's warehouse and saw 18 wheelers drive in and out all day, and Indira hopped from country to country

Another article down below talked about cord blood registry and such, turns out Indira's toddler has had cancer thrice now, a rare form of leukemia

Indira is of Polish and Indian descent and her hubs, British?

Life is extremely unpredictable, the most successful people often have the most painful challenges
Not that I have fully reformed, but I am TRYING

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My cousin brother's (He is just 5 yrs younger to my dad) daughter married two weeks back n moved to Chennai with her husband... Her parents got a call yesterday after three days that they are safe.. 

The way we are scrutinizing the nature it is backfiring on us.. Bangalore will not be different from Chennai with the same amount of rains..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jas and Kalpana

I notice girls have tremendous self esteem issues in this country.You would think US is so liberal and modern, so girls are equal, but nope
All teenage girls are too much into make up clothes and "boy drama"
EvenDesi kids in my town are that way

Until 13 or 14, they were Old Navy style clothes and have long braided hair and wear glasses

Bas!!

Its atrocious how girls are not allowed to feel good about themselves if they are not desirable, dont wear a bra (under developed), wear make up, or fashionable clothes
I am not an expert, but I feel girls need to hang more with boys without allowing their sexuality to enter the picture

JUST ASEXUAL friendships

jaschick thumbnail

Originally posted by: putti77

My cousin brother's (He is just 5 yrs younger to my dad) daughter married two weeks back n moved to Chennai with her husband... Her parents got a call yesterday after three days that they are safe.. 

The way we are scrutinizing the nature it is backfiring on us.. Bangalore will not be different from Chennai with the same amount of rains..

Root Cause -  Exponential growth without basic infrastructure 😭.
jaschick thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Jas and Kalpana

I notice girls have tremendous self esteem issues in this country.You would think US is so liberal and modern, so girls are equal, but nope
All teenage girls are too much into make up clothes and "boy drama"
EvenDesi kids in my town are that way

Until 13 or 14, they were Old Navy style clothes and have long braided hair and wear glasses

Bas!!

Its atrocious how girls are not allowed to feel good about themselves if they are not desirable, dont wear a bra (under developed), wear make up, or fashionable clothes
I am not an expert, but I feel girls need to hang more with boys without allowing their sexuality to enter the picture

JUST ASEXUAL friendships

Nisha, Middle school- ilye arambichiduthu  .  they have their "koodies" in late elementary, starting to discover in middle school (all arai vekadu), high school - little better on friendship or steady relationship compared to MS. Just my observation.
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Our office rest rooms look like beauty parlors in mornings n evenings.. Everyone comes with makeup kit... They have so much of patience...
We have dress codes but only guys are caught n fired if not come in formals.. The gals are esacaped.. Some gals wear so tight tops I wonder how they fitted in it... The front assests can be measured n weighed..😡