Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: jasminechick

😆

Oru dharava sonna nooru dharava sonna madiri.
Oru incident comes to my mind now.
Baasha had just released then. First day night show . Dragged my parents to the movie.
Rajni entry adichavudene I started hooting and clapping forgetting I was watching the movie with my parents and not friends. My dad looked at me like how Mr. Iyer would do
😆 .
They were really not a care in the world kind of days .
I guess I'm thinking about how we were back then
And comparing it to an incident just related by my daughter in school. Her jazz band mate, consumed 18- 20 pills cos of a break up and also tried to shoot himself. Luckily his parents saved him by a whisker.
What complications the teens get in to ille these days?
What a waste of life it would hv been?

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Oru dharava sonna nooru dharava sonna madiri!!!😆
Havnt watched any of his movies but this sentence is sooo familiar n it always brings a funny tone with it...
Good night ya morning people...was going tobed n just checked sosy n as always,it had something in its pocket to bring a smile on my face...😊
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Suria often think how tough life is . How people manage to adapt to life in altered circumstances in new locations where we make our homes. How we become careful of little things we take for granted when life is smooth and we are soaked in the love and care of all our loved ones. One moment like this brings us to our state of awareness. Take strength from the memory and stay happy and courageous. 🤗
Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Kalpana ...how very true
The worst thing in the world is to feel helpless about the situations that your loved ones are stuck in, when we can do nothing but pray and hope that your loved one is safe.
After a close shave in such situations such as this what we do is send a silent prayer of thanks now and then on the fortune we were showered upon to have a lucky escape and may be also have a guilt feeling in us to be selfish to have thought like that.

i have been reading watching and listening with despair to the updates from chennai. I have atleast 20 close family members in their 80s or nearing 80s who have chosen to live on their own terms since children are overseas. They have chosen to be in Chennai as it is cacheri season . Live in the ground floor. All i can do is twirl my locks twiddle my fingers and wait and watch...Situations like these when he are away only makes us panic further. My parents have finally moved late last evening with my brother so atleast they i don't have to worry about now...but there are others marooned...some moving up...my husband's  aunt recouping from a spinal surgery is in bed . her caretaker comes in ...i wonder how she is...Chennai is a mess thinking makes me messier.
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

<font color="#CC0000">Kalpana ...how very true
The worst thing in the world is to feel helpless about the situations that your loved ones are stuck in, when we can do nothing but pray and hope that your loved one is safe.
After a close shave in such situations such as this what we do is send a silent prayer of thanks now and then on the fortune we were showered upon to have a lucky escape and may be also have a guilt feeling in us to be selfish to have thought like that.

<font color="#000000">i have been reading watching and listening with despair to the updates from chennai. I have atleast 20 close family members in their 80s or nearing 80s who have chosen to live on their own terms since children are overseas. They have chosen to be in Chennai as it is cacheri season . Live in the ground floor. All i can do is twirl my locks twiddle my fingers and wait and watch...Situations like these when he are away only makes us panic further. My parents have finally moved late last evening with my brother so atleast they i don't have to worry about now...but there are others marooned...some moving up...my husband's aunt recouping from a spinal surgery is in bed . her caretaker comes in ...i wonder how she is...Chennai is a mess thinking makes me messier.</font>
</font>

Sri, I have been trying to get my uncles for the last two mornings. My parents moved out of chennai last year and they hv also not been able to reach them.
Some buses are plying out thru Arakonam so people can evacuate . But the problem is to get access to these areas .
Car parking lots are all gone Sri.
Sri , Hope and pray for your loved ones and elders to get hrough this without much damage.
I have left a msg to my cousin to see if they can get thru to my uncles .
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Oru dharava sonna nooru dharava sonna madiri.
Oru incident comes to my mind now.
Baasha had just released then. First day night show . Dragged my parents to the movie.
Rajni entry adichavudene I started hooting and clapping forgetting I was watching the movie with my parents and not friends. My dad looked at me like how Mr. Iyer would do
😆 .
They were really not a care in the world kind of days .
I guess I'm thinking about how we were back then
And comparing it to an incident just related by my daughter in school. Her jazz band mate, consumed 18- 20 pills cos of a break up and also tried to shoot himself. Luckily his parents saved him by a whisker.
What complications the teens get in to ille these days?
What a waste of life it would hv been?

Kalpana - Baasha with parents - No no 😆 + Roja with parents - Big No No (I went with my BFF and mom was the "guard" and ended up sitting in front of our Zoology teacher 😡). 

Tell me about the teen heads - I am going thru something similar - my daughter's BFF on anti-deps, tried to commit suicide 3 times since school started. As of this week, they pulled her out of regular HS to go to rehab. 😭.  My daughter is so worried for her. I am worried for girl and the girl's parents. Crazy times !!! I read an article yesterday how there is 19% ADHD diagonsis in US whereas only .5% in France. Directly connecting it to the food that we eat. 😕

Dont know how it will turn out for our kids and grandkids. One thing - I try to teach my kids is eat well and eat clean. Lets hope we have an awareness soon on this( We should learn from Europeans to keep the environment and food pristine)
jaschick thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

Suria often think how tough life is . How people manage to adapt to life in altered circumstances in new locations where we make our homes. How we become careful of little things we take for granted when life is smooth and we are soaked in the love and care of all our loved ones. One moment like this brings us to our state of awareness. Take strength from the memory and stay happy and courageous. 🤗

So true SriV.  thank you 🤗
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Good morning- evening everyone..
Some r having there exams best of luck to them..
Others enjoy !!
jaschick thumbnail
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Sri, I have been trying to get my uncles for the last two mornings. My parents moved out of chennai last year and they hv also not been able to reach them.
Some buses are plying out thru Arakonam so people can evacuate . But the problem is to get access to these areas .
Car parking lots are all gone Sri.
Sri , Hope and pray for your loved ones and elders to get hrough this without much damage.
I have left a msg to my cousin to see if they can get thru to my uncles .

SriV - Glad your parents are safe. This is a very nerve-wrecking situation all in chennai/surroundings have been put thru.  Was able to connect with my parents today morning finally. They are good.  RedGarnet went to India. I am unable to get in touch with her. With airport situation, she is going to be unable to leave soon 😕. Concerned about her.

Kalpana - Hopefully you all can connect with your uncle soon.

SriV - about our parents generation, I feel most of them are who came out into cities, settled on their own, then brought back parents from village to live with them, worked hard to raise kids like us, gave them enough freedom to explore around the world, in a way put us all on the world map. They are too proud to go live with the kids.  They think they will become a burden even though majority of them supported their parents. A strong headed generation !!! Including my inlaws and parents.  Hopefully they will make a change in that thinking and come to live with their kids. Situations like these put us in a fix.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey all

I am so sorry for all those that hope to hear about the well being of family in Chennai. Its been horrible I hear. I dont have family in Chennai, well I do actually... but none I care about

My parents are in South right now for 3.5 weeks to attend three weddings, the last one is in Pondicherry on Dec 6th I think

Unfortunately neither Jayalalitha or Karunanidhi have bothered to invest in infrastructure.
The so called intellectuals dont give a damn either, they would rather brag about their wealthy children that live overseas and fly biz class to see them (I speak strictly for my family)

We are at the mercy of politicians in India, politicians and moron celebrities like Aamir Khan. Indians woke up briefly to kick his ass.
Hope they retain that rosham/shame when they go polling next time
and render everyone job less
Corruption and crime cannot survive without benefactors

On my local radio talk show I heard about a matrimonial service called imilap.com and how Faroukh Sharif aka scum of the earth had a profile there looking for a wife
I cringed in embarrassment, when the talk show host put the website under the scanner saying "Its from India, its for arranged marriages and such"

I am like "THAT DOG has nothing to do with India"

I am all for racial profiling and cruel and unusual methods of torture if it will put an end to this nonsense