Sitcom Sitters Chat Club #4 ~ Happy New Year 2017 Wisu n kwerky~ (IO) - Page 113

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Happy New Year to the two of you! β­οΈβ­οΈ
I miss you... but I can't be here frequently for a while... πŸ€”
Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
But abhi jaaney se pehley, I thought that I should do this one more thing... It has been on my mind for a while. I never got around to telling Kwerky how lovely this story is... β€οΈ

In this thread, we've talked about so much, but by far, this was the best post... and yehi sochtey-sochtey that I will talk to Kwerky about it sometime, itnaa samay beet gayaa... So, abhi I'll get around to doing just this:
* Sabse pehley - thank you Kwerky for sharing this story with us.
* Also - you must be complimented for your story-telling skill. I could imagine the scenes playing out before my eyes... πŸ˜ƒ
* And then, congratulations are due. To Kwerky, for finding A (with his lovely smile). And then even more, to A for having found Kwerky, because only in another world could he have done better. πŸ˜† 
* Also - I should express my envy that Kwerky had just the right friend to play matchmaker. And also wonder why *I* don't have such friends. πŸ˜›
* And finally I have to thank Kwerky once again for stoking our optimism. β€οΈ 

**Hugs** πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Originally posted by: Kwerky

Haan..I was supposed to respond to this yesterday...kal time nahin mila.

Aisi koi khaas interesting story nahin hai...but it has lead to my belief (and what I keep telling Wisu too..) that destiny has a role to play and suddenly one day she will meet someone and will not know how and when it all happened.

In my case, it was option number B - move to a new college or workplace.😳

So to give a little background - I was leading the placement committee (placecomm) at my college where I did my MBA from. Usually in most B-schools, there is a week or scheduled time where they invite companies to visit the campus and conduct interviews to take students. We had a similar week too and several good companies came and we hit nearly 100% placements within a week...which was what we were aiming for. 

Now, my classmates and placement coordinator expected that I too will be getting an offer within that week (since I was considered among the brighter students/strong profile due to my professional background) - except I did not choose to sit for any interview for two reasons - one, I wasn't really interested in any of the profiles offered or they did not really challenge me and... two, I was more keen on making sure that my classmates got placed first (taking the role of the placecomm lead too seriouslyπŸ˜†). Anyways, the placement week ended and I wasn't placed. My friends were more worried for me than I was for myself.

A few weeks after this and after our final exams were over (and I was starting to get a little concerned as I had to start looking for a job nowπŸ€“), my placecomm coordinator called me - I had done my summer internship in an MNC at the end of the first academic year. The company had a vacancy and the role was very interesting and challenging...and they had contacted the coordinator to see if there were any students who were available/not placed and would like to apply for the role. My cordinator asked me to go for the interviews...and to cut a long story short, I got the job. At the end, it turned out to be the highest compensation package that year on campus. So...intezaar ka phal meetha hota hai...and I was lucky that my wait paid out. Maybe it was a bit reckless to sit out the placement interviews...but I was very convinced about the kind of role I was looking for. 

Don't fret...I am getting to the point. πŸ˜†

Ab yahaan se shuru hoti hai choti si kahaani πŸ˜† - So I joined the new place...the colleagues were pretty ok...it takes time to settle down obviously in a new workplace. Anyways, 5 days down the line...as I was sitting at my laptop and working on some excel sheets, I heard a voice exclaiming - "Oh wow...they teach you such complex stuff in B-schools...". (And I still remember these words after all these years...)The owner of the voice was commenting on the financial modeling I was doing and was talking to two of my colleagues who were sitting just behind me in our cubicle. 

I turned around...and saw this guy...a very handsome guy (let's call him "A") with such a beautiful smile.  

I KID YOU NOT, girls...we see in movies... things like ...
phool barsatey hain...smiley
 music bajta hai...Trying to pick sb up
smiley

THAT is what happened to me...in my mind...as I turned around.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I am not prone to exaggerate but this is a fact.

We introduced ourselves. He was on leave for the past week..and that is why I hadn't seen him around. We barely chatted for 2 minutes.

I turned back to my laptop...and in that moment, I just had an epiphany...a slight realization...that this is the reason why I HAD to be placed in this company...after waiting for so many weeks.

Anyways...we were in the same team...and for sometime, I was also filling in for A's manager...so he was reporting to me for a few months too. I really liked him and as I came to know him more, I was very impressed with his brilliance and work. But he had a girlfriend - I came to know from our common friends in office. 

Obviously, I kept my crush/liking to myself. It so happened, that we became a part of the group of 4 friends/colleagues...who hung out together often after work too. 

All this time, I had respected the fact that he is seeing someone and never let any one know about my feelings. 

FlowerPar kehtey hain - ishq chupta nahin. πŸ˜†

Anyways, we had gone for an offsite to Kasauli - I had taken my entire team for the annual outing. This is around nearly two years after I joined this company. We reached Gurgaon and everyone dispersed to get back to their homes. My colleague (who was also a part of our group of 4 friends) was dropping me back to my place...and he asked me - Do you like "A" kya? It is quite evident...

I was slightly taken aback...and after denying halfheartedly, I said - Yes, I like him...for quite some time now. But he has a GF.  

My friend told me that he is no longer with her and they broke up some time back. He had some issues with his GF ..it continued for months...and they had ended it a few weeks back. 

I said - But I am not sure...what if he is not interested in me or doesn't look at me in the same way?

He encouraged me...told me not to think like this...and said - Do you want me to find out? πŸ˜Š

I said - OK...but don't tell him about how I feel.

Toh behen-log, hua kucch aisa...ki interest udhar se bhi tha. πŸ˜³ But he was a little shy kind of a guy (still is!)...and was a little apprehensive/maybe a little intimidated by my managerial position.πŸ˜† Though our designations were same...but I was leading the team for some time now.

Obviously, I was over the moon when I came to know from our friend about how he felt. The next day, as I was leaving office in my cab..."A" came running up to me and handed me a bag of chocolates. eating He hadn't said anything in office the whole day...but does this as I was leaving.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

At the end of that week, we went out for our first date. 

And we were married after 6 months. So, my move to this company lead me to finding my partner...and that's how it was destined.

Bas yahi kahaani hai.😊

So, I keep telling Wisu and you too, GG - that when you least expect it, you will run into the right guy. I had my share of relationships which didn't work out before this...which left me sad, irritated and disillusioned.

Here's to both of you spring and finding your love party

P.S. : Sorry for the l-o-o-n-g read.

Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wisian

Happy New Year to the two of you! β­οΈβ­οΈ

I miss you... but I can't be here frequently for a while... πŸ€”

Good to see you here, Wisu! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€— 
GETGOIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Kyun? "No comments" kyun? πŸ˜•
Bechari Kwerky ne itney pyaar se question poochha, and return mein itnaa rude answer? πŸ˜²πŸ˜² 

no comments as in kehne layak kuch nahi 
..sorry didn't intend to sound rude Kwerky .but i feel tum samajh jaogi πŸ˜³
Kwerky thumbnail

Bechari Kwerky ne itney pyaar se question poochha, and return mein itnaa rude answer? πŸ˜²πŸ˜² 

Wisu - I think GG probably wasn't comfortable sharing it here on the open thread, that's why she said she doesn't want to comment on it. :) 

I just hope that whatever it is/was, is sorted out and she is feeling more cheerful.

Good wishes to both of you and hope you have an year which goes exactly as you expect it to go.πŸ€—πŸ€—
GETGOIN thumbnail

still issues not resolved?? πŸ€”
Kwerky thumbnail

Originally posted by: GETGOIN

haan sab theekh hi hai...no comments
oh welcome back then...hope u had a very wonderful time
wisu is also gayab btw 

GG πŸ€—

Thank you. Yes, my break went well. 
GETGOIN thumbnail

But abhi jaaney se pehley, I thought that I should do this one more thing... It has been on my mind for a while. I never got around to telling Kwerky how lovely this story is... β€οΈ

In this thread, we've talked about so much, but by far, this was the best post... and yehi sochtey-sochtey that I will talk to Kwerky about it sometime, itnaa samay beet gayaa... So, abhi I'll get around to doing just this:
* Sabse pehley - thank you Kwerky for sharing this story with us.
* Also - you must be complimented for your story-telling skill. I could imagine the scenes playing out before my eyes... πŸ˜ƒ
* And then, congratulations are due. To Kwerky, for finding A (with his lovely smile). And then even more, to A for having found Kwerky, because only in another world could he have done better. πŸ˜† 
* Also - I should express my envy that Kwerky had just the right friend to play matchmaker. And also wonder why *I* don't have such friends. πŸ˜›
* And finally I have to thank Kwerky once again for stoking our optimism. β€οΈ 

**Hugs** πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

i agree...this post was best post of 2016 i came across in IF πŸ˜³
Kwerky thumbnail

Originally posted by: GETGOIN

no comments as in kehne layak kuch nahi 
..sorry didn't intend to sound rude Kwerky .but i feel tum samajh jaogi πŸ˜³

Arrree...nahin re. I understand...don't worry. ❀️As I said earlier, probably you didn't want to share it. 
GETGOIN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kwerky

Wisu - I think GG probably wasn't comfortable sharing it here on the open thread, that's why she said she doesn't want to comment on it. :) 

I just hope that whatever it is/was, is sorted out and she is feeling more cheerful.

Good wishes to both of you and hope you have an year which goes exactly as you expect it to go.πŸ€—πŸ€—

i knew it kwerks ki tum samajh jaogi πŸ€—
not sorted out now...but m getting there ... πŸ˜³
Good wishes to u too kwerks πŸ€—
n i miss ur posts so much this season πŸ˜³...despite same or similar favs ur post were awesome πŸ‘πŸΌ...hope to see more of ur posts...in here n other forums too πŸ˜›