ArHi OS l Mere Papad ka Tukda - Page 3

Posted: 8 years ago
😃Beautiful. Justice delivered to Anjali. I couldn't hate her even when she was adamantly holding on to her trust on her husband. Yes, she had many faults but her devotion to her brother was unquestionable.

Now what do I say about your writing. Going by jiggy's comment, I am assuming you have written more. If yes, then I am guilty of having missed your other stories. Off I go to stalk your posts.
Ruchi di, after a long tiring day. Like literally tiring day, I had no plans of opening IF. I didn't have the strength to. But I just checked the PMs and your Subject had me swooning. Especially the title. "Mera Papad ka Tukda" wow what an innovative title and extremely apt for this wonderful shot. Jigs the banner was the best! I have to give it to you both for making my day.. (technically night). 

Oh Anjali and Arnav have always shared a Very special bond and many of us have termed them as the leads! But on a serious note, their bond spoke of Love,clarity and respect. It also made us love their mumma, didn't it? We all admired that faceless Mrs. Raizada only because we could perceive how she would have been, by Anjali and Arnav's behaviour. This pre IPK jhalak just made me wish they had shown tits and bits of their past. The happy past. I would have loved to see it, but you have beautifully shown a potential past. This is the reason we all urge you to write. 

I am very glad you did give us this. Yet my heart yearns for more. You know why? It is because your writing has so much depth and layers of emotions wrapped behind every word. The writer in you keeps peeking out in the form of comments and we can't wait to see you take the plunge completely! 

Waiting for more from YOU,
$@dh
That was a beautiful tribute to brothers and sisters.
Do keep writing, you have a way with words which touch our hearts. Stay blessed, and hope to see an ff now.
Cheers!
Differently and very beautifully present the Brother (Arnav) and Sister (Anjali)  relationship through their childhood memories. Loved it!
"Koi baat nahi beta, tum badi ho" being their unfailing rejoinder to her complaints. "But I'm always going to be badi!" she would say. I couldn't help but smile at this. So many times I've grumbled like this.
A beautiful take on Anjali's bond with her brother. Your portrayal of Anjali wistfully reminiscing about their lost childhood is really touching.
You write so beautifully! I'd love to read more from you :)
marvellous piece of writing, it got me emotional...
I am sorry but isn't putting arhi os in the title misleading the readers?

Ruchi,

That was so beautiful...thank you for choosing to give us this particular walk down memory lane in Anjali's unique perspective, we often see so little of it, and even less often, the good aspects. She is in many ways the mystery woman of IPKKND?...I agree Khushi could be intriguing, but it was honestly the poignant, pouting, limping, cringing, laughing, whimsical Anjali that stole the show and the commendation for always being the soul of Shantivan, always giving her brother and her family undivided attention in her gentle, coaxing, cajoling manner. 

And yet, she was not really only soft...some of the most impactful scenes in the show belong to her, the unique one between her and Arnav from the show for me will always be the Rakshabandhan ones...both the first one where she recites that little childhood litany she and her brother made up...while looking tearfully at him with wistful eyes, and the second one, where she is delirious with joy because he wore the kurta-pajama gifted by her...

This story was in many ways waiting to be told...thank you for sketching up atleast for our feverish imaginations as crazy fans...these little vignettes and scraps torn from an album...some happier memories of a tree-shaded farmhouse, a dadaji who loved them to bits, and the omnipresent 'maa'...thanks for taking my mind through those sepia-tinted images of Di and her Chottey...zestful, peaceful, lovely! 

Your inimitable style is poetry in motion, my girl, make this a more regular occurrence and our more established writers here might have serious competition for 'Writer of the Month'! Love it! 😊👏

God bless!

PS: And, while your tale is in Anjali's perspective, the song that comes to my mind for these particular scenes is only the evergreen...'Phoolon ka taaron ka sabka kehna hai,
                                                  Ek hazaaron mein meri behana hai..."

Edited by Anu567 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by LOLitaPawar

I am sorry but isn't putting arhi os in the title misleading the readers?

I like how you^ have your priorities sorted! 

Anyway, loved the story! I hardly get to read stories written from Anjali's perspective (scratch that, I hardly get to read stories at all), so this was refreshing, to say the least! You've got some maaad writing skills man. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️