Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
http://news.yale.edu/2015/10/26/yale-senior-wins-individual-world-poetry-slam-championship

This is just too powerful. Do read her winning poem given at the bottom of the article. Now that's what makes you bristle.
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And I have one more good writing. This too is awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/vikrampbhatt/posts/10153242488128753
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
"Heard you were pregnant. When did u plan to tell the Dad?Blushing" Dude's text slid in

She smiled fondly... overcome with emotion and love at the innocent attempt to tease her when she felt so low

❤️
ishruhi thumbnail
Hi envee.i m fine.a bit sad that my plan to go home for a half day failed miserably just now...going back to hospital.took sosy to make my mood ok..now better,i think...c u...hi to shilpa too...in my post last day,i forgot to mention jasmine jyo preethi n vikas...didnt got time to add...sorry guys...have a good day...
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Grandfather : when I was your age, I used to take two
rupees to the market and bring home soap, rice, milk,
bread, ghee and face powder , etc.

Grandson : nowadays it is difficult...there are cctv cameras everywhere
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Good one '
40 plus...

A 50+ yr old man asked the trainer in the gym, ' I want to impress that beautiful girl, which machine should I use?'

The trainer replied, ' Outside the gym there is an ATM, 
Try that '.
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: moonwearer

Sorry for sharing a personal reference point...i feel that is essential to give credibility  to possibilities and not appear as arm chair critics observation of parenting.

My son was the only child in both my biological and married family till he was ten. Everybody doted on him but we never went overboard in what we gave him. He used to take the public transport and traveleed alo0ne to Chennai and back by train . We maynot be affluent but definitely we could afford to get him stuff which we chose not to do. He had his bank account and any deposit he made i matched the amount. We gave him a phone when he joined PUC  he took a summer job and upgraded the phone he could explain more features in a Nokia N70 and 90 and Nokia wanted him to train folks in other cities. He did an internship in Goldman as he wanted to. His friends got cars for their 18th birthday. He mentioned to me  and seeing my smile said NO AMMA I AM SHARING AN INFO NOT ASKING I KNOW YOU WILL SAY HAVE THE THRILL OF BUYING YOUR 4  WHEELER SONNY BOY.  At 18  he used the  money in his account to cover part of the cost of the two wheeler he got .He got a job in Google just after Graduation and he said he wanted to join and that he wanted to fund his higher education, or if his company would fund work towards it as that is what would make him feel good.  Uses money to go backpacking around the world.
We  discussed professional matters tried explaining economics as best we could.  I see the same with some of his friends his best friend's dad sold a startup for 500 crores. The boy would travel from Mysore road to Dairy circle by Public transport.. We as parents needn't lecture and rant , kids of this generation when we provide the exposure are able to understand.
I have students who because of reservation cant get into the course of their choice on marks. They tell me we dont want to pack Gandhi's face in briefcases and make offerenings to somebody. We will definitely work our way through college and career. I guess that is what we as adults can instill in kids. Not an attitude of entitlement or comparison. Folks with that comparing attitude will forever find something to crib about.

This morning Nisha had given her perception of luck...I think the greatest asset we can leave for a child is the right attitude.

Well said SriV👏.  Thank you for the perspective !
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
VENN DIAGRAM

I have doted on Shravu like he was a sibling

I have had squabbles with him

We have schemed and hatched pranks together

After I started working I have pandered to his whims

Treated him to goodies far beyond what Akka would or could have

I have taught him to rebel tutored him to use his pester power

Enrolled him in courses that would give him a head start

I have been warned to keep off Akka's kids, I have been made to realize they don't belong to me

Shravu is very competitive and wants a say in things beyond his age

He compares and desires the things Nandu has

A fiasco we already had another seems brewing in the air

I know its unfair to break a kids heart, yet we need to create and sustain boundaries

Ensuring they don't go out of hand. Parenting is a challenge and will test me to the core

My kids and Akkas will be vested with different material access

A sore point it shall forever be, crackers and gadgets, hobbies and holidays

Clothes and the attention they get will always be poles apart

As of now all I can think of is the Dad' away from me.

ishruhi thumbnail
Hey guys!!!i reached home!!my parents came to hospital to c me n i told them i want to go home,thats itt!!actually i was made to sit at ward unnecessarily...so i askd my senior whether i can go n meet my parents n then i went home with them.now @my home n my bed!!!feel sooo relaxed!!though i hav to return bytom morning...
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Savor the good times Noufi...missing you on the forum