Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 8 years ago

Sonnalli Seygall: Like all girls, I too had a crush on Salman Khan

Priya Gupta,TNN | Oct 14, 2015, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Sonnalli Seygall|Salman Khan|Pyaar Ka Punchnama|Miss india international|Miss India
Sonnalli Seygall: Like all girls, I too had a crush on Salman Khan
Sonnalli Seygall
Sonnalli Seygall won the Miss India International title in 2006. She debuted in Luv Ranjan's popular 2011 romantic comedy Pyaar Ka Punchnama and will once again be seen in its sequel Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 that releases on the coming Friday.

She's ambitious, hardworking, polite and spiritual but loves to party as much as she likes to work. She prides herself on being a good human being and loves animals. Over a cup of coffee, she talks to Bombay Times about her childhood dream of being a Miss India, the sensitivity of Salman Khan and why she misses the presence of a strong male member in her life. Excerpts:

Salman Khan recently tweeted for your film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2. Talk about your friendship with him.
I first met him in 2013 when I did a Thums Up commercial with him. I was so excited when I came to know that I was going to do a commercial with him. I was the second runner-up in the Miss India pageant in 2006 and was chosen to represent India at the Miss International pageant. Post Miss India, the three winners were trained in yoga by Salman's sister Alvira and we would thus go to her house for training. I went for my pageant and lost touch with her till that day when she walked in for the Thums Up shoot along with Salman's entourage. She is very sweet. She immediately recognised me and introduced me to Salman and I got invited to sit with him outside his van in between shoots. I had heard stories of him having a feast in between his shoots and I actually saw it that day. He made me feast on thandai and muffins. A few months later, I met him at the Bombay Times party where we actually exchanged numbers. From then on, I kept in touch with Salman over SMS and phone and he invited me for his birthday parties and Ganpati visarjan. I have always taken his advice and I told him about Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, which is when he saw the trailer and tweeted about it. Every girl in India has grown up watching his films, having a crush on him. I too had a crush on him. But while he may come late on set, when he comes, he finishes his work in no time. I was very impressed with the amount and way he works. He has been very helpful personally and even at the cost of repeating, I would say that he is a very good human being. I connect with people like that. He is a mentor. Working hard is something he always keeps telling me. Anyways, while there are people who get lucky, for me, it's always only through hard work that I get anything. A lot of people in the industry give you very faltu advice like manage your PR properly, but Salman is one person who will only advise you to do hard work. I got into fitness because of him. I got trained during the Miss India pageant but then left it as I thought that girls really don't need to work out. But two years back Salman told me, 'Girls too need to work out.' And he would take the trouble of SMSing me to guide me on which body parts and how I should work out. And I have been very regular. While shooting Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, if we had to start shooting at 6am, I would anyways have to get up at 4am to do my hair and makeup, but I would make it a point to get up at 2am so that I could finish my workout before I started shooting every single day.

READ: Kartik Aryan: 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' not an adult movie

What qualities of Salman do you like the most?
I don't know the details but he always says that his journey has not been easy. He has also struggled a lot and worked really hard. He is very good and helps everyone and actually sees the pain in people without the person actually saying it. He is very observing and empathetic about others. For instance, a year ago when I was staying in Bandra, in a casual conversation I told him how my mother had moved in with me and how she was working in Breach Candy in town. Cut to a month back, I told him how I had shifted to Andheri. One of his friends sitting there said, 'Good na. Andheri will be good for you and your work.' But Salman immediately said, 'Aur ma ka koi matlab nahi hai. It will be more far for her as she works in town.' To remember that for a Salman Khan and to feel that for someone else's mother is a big deal. My friends would not have remembered it. But that's Salman.

Read Full Article here

For instance, a year ago when I was staying in Bandra, in a casual conversation I told him how my mother had moved in with me and how she was working in Breach Candy in town. Cut to a month back, I told him how I had shifted to Andheri. One of his friends sitting there said, 'Good na. Andheri will be good for you and your work.' But Salman immediately said, 'Aur ma ka koi matlab nahi hai. It will be more far for her as she works in town.'

This was the most sweetest Part . No wonder Everyone says How much Salman loves his Family Proud of him πŸ‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
true ! people may mock him for helping his parivar and friends ,but that is the best quality i see in others .. Har family me problem hain, parwo khush nasib hain, jinki family hoti hai..

TFS..
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: fivestars

true ! people may mock him for helping his parivar and friends ,but that is the best quality i see in others .. Har family me problem hain, parwo khush nasib hain, jinki family hoti hai..

TFS..

True πŸ‘πŸΌ .  He is the Most Lovable Superstar for a reason 😳
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

i was just going thru TOI and saw her interview there. She had such nice things to say.. for people who say that Salman only nurtures Star Kids ,this can be good eye opener.

Some excerpts.

What qualities of Salman do you like the most?
I don't know the details but he always says that his journey has not been easy. He has also struggled a lot and worked really hard. He is very good and helps everyone and actually sees the pain in people without the person actually saying it. He is very observing and empathetic about others. For instance, a year ago when I was staying in Bandra, in a casual conversation I told him how my mother had moved in with me and how she was working in Breach Candy in town. Cut to a month back, I told him how I had shifted to Andheri. One of his friends sitting there said, 'Good na. Andheri will be good for you and your work.' But Salman immediately said, 'Aur ma ka koi matlab nahi hai. It will be more far for her as she works in town.' To remember that for a Salman Khan and to feel that for someone else's mother is a big deal. My friends would not have remembered it. But that's Salman.
Salman Khan recently tweeted for your film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2. Talk about your friendship with him.
I first met him in 2013 when I did a Thums Up commercial with him. I was so excited when I came to know that I was going to do a commercial with him. I was the second runner-up in the Miss India pageant in 2006 and was chosen to represent India at the Miss International pageant. Post Miss India, the three winners were trained in yoga by Salman's sister Alvira and we would thus go to her house for training. I went for my pageant and lost touch with her till that day when she walked in for the Thums Up shoot along with Salman's entourage. She is very sweet. She immediately recognised me and introduced me to Salman and I got invited to sit with him outside his van in between shoots. I had heard stories of him having a feast in between his shoots and I actually saw it that day. He made me feast on thandai and muffins. A few months later, I met him at the Bombay Times party where we actually exchanged numbers. From then on, I kept in touch with Salman over SMS and phone and he invited me for his birthday parties and Ganpati visarjan. I have always taken his advice and I told him about Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, which is when he saw the trailer and tweeted about it. Every girl in India has grown up watching his films, having a crush on him. I too had a crush on him. But while he may come late on set, when he comes, he finishes his work in no time. I was very impressed with the amount and way he works. He has been very helpful personally and even at the cost of repeating, I would say that he is a very good human being. I connect with people like that. He is a mentor. Working hard is something he always keeps telling me. Anyways, while there are people who get lucky, for me, it's always only through hard work that I get anything. A lot of people in the industry give you very faltu advice like manage your PR properly, but Salman is one person who will only advise you to do hard work. I got into fitness because of him. I got trained during the Miss India pageant but then left it as I thought that girls really don't need to work out. But two years back Salman told me, 'Girls too need to work out.' And he would take the trouble of SMSing me to guide me on which body parts and how I should work out. And I have been very regular. While shooting Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2, if we had to start shooting at 6am, I would anyways have to get up at 4am to do my hair and makeup, but I would make it a point to get up at 2am so that I could finish my workout before I started shooting every single day.

Edited by riti4u - 8 years ago
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
😳 Nice read. I am looking forward to PKP2 as PKP was awesomeee !!
And yes, Salman IS a very sensitive and caring fella.. The mother story was really nice even I dont remember such details of my casual friends in day to day life πŸ˜³ No one he touches heart directly 
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pehchaan.Kaun

😳 Nice read. I am looking forward to PKP2 as PKP was awesomeee !!

And yes, Salman IS a very sensitive and caring fella.. The mother story was really nice even I dont remember such details of my casual friends in day to day life πŸ˜³ No one he touches heart directly 

ya he seems so caring thats why he keeps on advising youngsters too..😊.. he doesnt want them to go thru what he went thru..

that mother story was nice..😊
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
He is a gem, bas! <3
riti4u thumbnail
😳agreed ..bas<3
riti4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: fawadbae

Wow πŸ‘ he is so sweet.

yes he is😊
NowEna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aww,Salman is a true sweetheart!That's why my love for him is only increasing day by day from last 12 years 😳 Edited by NowEna - 8 years ago