Wife's affair before marriage-Please help

kkumar.1986 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I come from orthodox family and never was in relationship before marriage. My wife before our arranged marriage told me that she never had any BF's and treated all guys as brothers(She initiated that topic). After marriage, I found out from someplace else that she was not interested in getting married to me and was forced by her parents. When I asked, she cried and said she loved someone but was within limits and never had any physical relationship and took a oath on my head even though I did not ask. She said she was forced and pressurized by her parents to marry me.She said she loves me now. After couple of weeks, I found out that she had physical relations with that guy and was in contact with him over emails even after our marriage until the day I found out. When I asked, she again cried and tried to lie but accepted her physical relation part when I showed proof. She said she was still in touch as she was afraid that her ex will do something bad to himself or her and wanted to show him that she missed him. She says she just wanted to keep in touch as she felt she betrayed him and wanted to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid. But all this while, she has been good to me.I never got a doubt until I found out.

I do love her but it's been hard for me to forget her past especially the physical relation part(I have seen their personal messages and pics, videos) and her constant lies and her acting. Many times she told me that I was her first love etc and all that crap.

I'm mostly good with her but inside me I have this rage building up that I have been cheated upon and feel depressed all the times to that point that I think of death at least once in a day. I fear that I may turn into a very bad person. I have already seen the signs in my behavior towards my parents, friends, co-workers etc. I see bad in everything and everyone and have become very cynical & sarcastic in my approach and feel that this is a f**ked up world filled with hopeless people.

I don't know if I'm in this marriage because I love her or because cannot go through a divorce(parents health, younger siblings marriage etc)

I find it really hard to trust her. In a way, I actually gave up on her and don't even care if she goes and starts this affair again with her ex.

Please help

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

In order of importance

1- Don't think of death. The last thing you want is to die yourself for deeds of other. I mean what have you done to deserve death. Relax and be happy

2- If she has loved someone before that does not make you less. It is not like he is Shahrukh and you are Nana Patrekar. No need  to feel any rage. Be confident in your self

3- Now what to do with it. Two choices

a- I dont like the contact after marriage part. I dont think it was to stop him. that seems fishy. It is one thing loving someone before marriage but its another doing cheating. that is the most dirtiest thing one can imagine. you cant be faithful to a person who ignored your past. in this case i would divorce her

b- other option is that you give more time and see her behavior. maybe more information would  help. If your family is sensitive then you might want to give more time. Maybe she will change for good. One has to be pretty sure to take a big step

In any case you should be confident. 

It is complicated situation but think also long term. Divorce might be bad short term but good in long term. These days it is not seen in bad light as before.

Personally, I can comprise on anything but I hate cheats. However I would give her full due first before I pull the trigger. lol
Edited by hippopotamus - 8 years ago
D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
I think I understand the background of the story. I am sure you and every logical thinking person would have written off her past had she been honest to you from the start, but she hasn't. 
I don't think you are not breaking up with her because you love her, it's family pressure that you don't deserve to carry nor if you explained it to each person in their own time .. I don't think they would want you to either. It's the expectations and responsibilities we have placed on our own selves and the disappointment we feel at our luck.. that makes us stall during these times.

The care less attitude you are describing is very normal given what you have been through, the anger builds up and eventually she will be shown her worth ( and no offence she is worthless, because she is a liar). when you have your impending meltdown your family will support you and help you pick up the pieces.

I personally think it's like this world is made FOR cheaters and liars and people that use other people. it's hard to find good people .. for example your wife deserves that man who would take her back after she got married on him. and who deserves that ? only some deluded person can make excuses for that. Don't get me wrong I am all for forgiveness and not judging someone's past .. but in your case it's not her past its her current. 

I do think she loves you... because these days these type of people see a good person  and want to drain them from all their energy and destroy them in the process because they lack any caring for anyone other then themselves. So she doesn't love you for you.. but it's the goodness in you that she wants to own or manipulate . 

The world has changed.. either our expectations are too high? or because the good ones are purposely meant to get with the shitty ones thereby rendering the next 10 years for humanity devoid of happiness. 

Can someone tell ME? why is it too hard to find a girl that doesn't lie ?  would always pick the right path over the wrong ? no matter how difficult the right path would be? who doesn't drink? do drugs ? manipulate and show aggressive signs of selfishness ? can treat your family the way she treats her own. A person who believes that if they do something with the right reasons then the intentions will manifest and you will get good results. .. but it might be a long hard wait. anyway I think girls and guys these days are suckers for sex ..drink. .and drugs . 
Can you provide us some feedback as in what happened and how are you managing and was our advice helpful?

We write and get no update. lol
Edited by hippopotamus - 8 years ago
ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Never think of dying
Life is precious
She did mistake
She may have fault

1.If she is still in love with that guy then you should end the relationship cause she is a cheater (I know it may not be easy)

2. If she trying to accept you but still can't forget her past.If it is the case then she deserve a chance.Hard to forget it take time.

3.If She was blackmailed for any reason from that man then there is hope for solution

kkumar.1986 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

Can you provide us some feedback as in what happened and how are you managing and was our advice helpful?

We write and get no update. lol

I'm doing fine I think. Thanks for your words. They have some positive affect but sometimes I get these negative feelings back. In a week, I'm in a good mood for 3-4 days where we get along very well and then I get into these moods. I don't show it to her or let it come outside but its like a storm or rage inside. My wife sometimes senses and keeps calm but sometimes she doesn't. Usually romantic movies/scenes/songs or words she uses which she used with her ex - Things like these trigger my negative thoughts.

I know that meditation, counseling might help but I even developed negative thoughts on these as I believe that they are just some bullshit.

I feel anger at everone.
My wife - For lying to me and misleading me and spoiling my life
My in-laws - For lying and not letting them married because of which she is married to me now
My parents - For bringing me up in orthodox manner. We grew up in house where forget premarital sex even love marriages are considered bad. I have always been a good child to my parents. Always wanted to impress them and keep them happy and that's why never crossed the limits even when I stayed away in a foreign country for years.
I started hating God for doing this to me. All my life I have been a good son, student, person who lived by rules but now I lost trust that Good happens to good people. There used to be point in my life where I used to fast for my parents, family and now I find standing in front of him in temple and hurling abuses at him.

Not sure if I can get over this or if I will perish

Originally posted by: kkumar.1986

I'm doing fine I think. Thanks for your words. They have some positive affect but sometimes I get these negative feelings back. In a week, I'm in a good mood for 3-4 days where we get along very well and then I get into these moods. I don't show it to her or let it come outside but its like a storm or rage inside. My wife sometimes senses and keeps calm but sometimes she doesn't. Usually romantic movies/scenes/songs or words she uses which she used with her ex - Things like these trigger my negative thoughts.

I know that meditation, counseling might help but I even developed negative thoughts on these as I believe that they are just some bullshit.

I feel anger at everone.
My wife - For lying to me and misleading me and spoiling my life
My in-laws - For lying and not letting them married because of which she is married to me now
My parents - For bringing me up in orthodox manner. We grew up in house where forget premarital sex even love marriages are considered bad. I have always been a good child to my parents. Always wanted to impress them and keep them happy and that's why never crossed the limits even when I stayed away in a foreign country for years.
I started hating God for doing this to me. All my life I have been a good son, student, person who lived by rules but now I lost trust that Good happens to good people. There used to be point in my life where I used to fast for my parents, family and now I find standing in front of him in temple and hurling abuses at him.

All this anger because your wife happen to like someone before your marriage i.e. before you were even in the picture. This is not even a case of she choosing him over you. It is just that he came first in her life. So its not even about him being better. The only part that is left to be angry on is that she lied.

Hmm... considering the hardships that people face in this world I think you are over reacting a lot. 

In such situations one should look around and see the ills happening in this world. There are many who are dying in wars, blown away, attacks on school, accidents, illnesses. A cancer patient knows he has few years left to live. Death coming soon. And you are thinking of death because your wife had a past? lol.

Its all in the mind my friend...to someone who has no future every day is precious and important and those who have no issues are whining on lesser issues

lets keep things in context.. be cool and monitor..if she improves good...otherwise pull the trigger and move on. sometimes surgical procedures are required if disease gets serious. 
NowEna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@kkumar.1986,see,I don't have anything to say you,because all the persons who commented in this thread has said everything what I wanted to say...

But I don't want to sympathies you,because you haven't done anything wrong,just be strong and most importantly don't ever think of attempting suicide,because death can't be a solution of any problem,doesn't matter how big it is!Just try to move on,I know it will be painful,but believe me,it will be less painful from the situation you are going through now,which is killing you day by day from inside!

I know ,it is easy to say,but hard to do!But best of luck,buddy!I hope and pray that you will overcome this situation very soon...
VJ_Salgaonkar thumbnail

Originally posted by: kkumar.1986

Besides the advices handed , there had been,has been & will always be a universal advice central to every worldly tribulations - God's own advice(Bhagvad Gita  , Dhammapada , SGGS , Quran or whichever one find least difficult to grasp)..You have not much to lose there , then may be..give a chance to It also..
Let Bhagvad Gita be the hammer to strike at your highly deluded worldly mind,a hot iron right now..
Pentaminous... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Its not a big deal.. everyone has past but she should have informed you before marriage.. move on and forget it.. it was a past.. you dont know what were the circumstances that forced her to marry you.. if she is sincere with you today that matters !