Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
OMG...Ashu is here, wahi toh itni jaldi pages khatam...
Hi Ashu, 

How are you? Got your exam results?

Nams, Kajal...good points...

Mera maane...we cant blame parents, children only, society is to be blamed too...equal parts blame I am placing on all the three.

My brother is a prime example for getting married grandly just to feel equal or show off to his friends. He has some very rich friends both South and North Indian...😡. I was so angry on him and for what ...in three months...marriage khatam...now they have applied for divorce. 

I hadn't wanted to share this...and all these days it was like compressed in my mind but today I just had to share it here...from April this is going on and I felt it too personal to be shared.

Marriage has become a joke nowadays...it like lottery...if you arelucky then you get a good partner and yours and parents life is all happy otherwise its just battle in courts. 

Cant write more...
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EnVee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JS0fPN3_hA

One of my favorite songs.

Software irukkudu, symphony irukkudu padithu paarka neram illadi rajathi... (this is our state on some days) (there is software and there is symphony but we don't have time to read on some days... this is punning on the song which says that there is the oyster and the pearl but there is no time to open it)

But we do read the symphonies in rest rooms 😆 

suuuper song
all of you have an amazing day and a goodnight's sleep
bohat bakwas kar li maine...will come back to eat more brain after next update.

if the posts hurt anyone..sooorrryy...no intention whatsoever 😊 

Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NSB7

please don't blame parents for how kids turn out

They arnt to blame completely.
Parents pampering kids is a thing I agree
But expecting parents to be murhty's of perfection is wrong...they are human too
When a kid is growing the parents change so much to make sure anything they do doesn't lead the kid to the wrong path.
And kids grow in an environment... What they see around is what they pick up
Thw amount if time kids spend with their parents is only 10% of 24 hours...their good or bad effect is limited to that percentage.
Behind that they can't be questioned.
Every person chooses what they pick up from whom...and how
And only he or she is responsible for what they come out as in life.

I agree that parents do it for the love of their child, but if we think it from a child's Pov, what is that a child learns that if I cry n throw a fit my parents shall get it done, children's these days are wiser than we used to be at their age the maturity I had when I passed my board is the level of maturity my niece has at 9years... And kids are not to blame cz in nuclear families the kids grow with two adults how do we expect them to behave as a kid, a kid shall behave as a kid if he/she grows up with peers not with two adult parents...
Parents can afford these days so they offer the best, but then their are also parents who burn their bridges to get the child what they want to give or what the child wishes for, it again comes to learning from seeing, let's say the child is mature enough to understand but he also goes to a school where he sees his peers doing things that his parents can't afford, however mature they act we can't ignore the fact that they are children and Children compare and get envious
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ASHU
I shall not congratulate you here because I already did😆
But thank you so much for dropping in here meri sunshine🤗

PRITEE

Exam khatam for now. But thanks anyway🤗

CONGRATS GOLDIE KALPANA🤗
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

I agree, to a great extent now a days parents are to be blamed for how their kids turn out.
We see the parents want to send their kid to costliest school not the school which provides best education. Parents give their kids iphone/ipad to show off their peers. Then why wont kids want to do the same later. 

This will definitely sent me off on a rant ...sorry topic too hard to resist...There is an obsession that seems to have set in over the typical Indian mindset...I head an alternative school in South India and what i state is based on very close observation of parents i see here and  around me in bangalore and network of friends and family.

We think the earlier we start exerting the pressure and putting a gadget into their hands  the better they will be to face any exam or become a tech wizard. Safety issues make us overzealous in keeping them indoors feeding them PS Ds ...i dont know what else. Children as time progresses communicate with parents in their home through gadgets.

Stories are such a way to enthrall folks (we are an example). children are ready to retell plots of serials with themes not suitable for their age...there is very limited story telling and playing with kids the way some of us engage or the way the Dude engages with kids unlike II who tries to buy affection with gifts or threats.

An affluent well connected parent sought a seat in my school stating that my child number 1 is in school A i want Child number 2 in yours as i consider both these as the prestegious schools...he was shown the door and i was labelled arrogant. Parents think like the schoool that plays maximum item number songs for kids to gyrate  in school celebrations...the pages of Homework assigned...the
gadgets you use to teach a plant and understand pollution unmindful of the landscape you are located in or the filth you are generating...the number of olympiads you conduct...the hoardings you put up announcing your students as Youngest NASA graduates because they visited NASA but have never watched the sky from your terrace...we have made a tom foolery of education and a mockery of children by treating them like either programmable options or sorry to say this performing dolls that would rattle stuff ones you wind them up in front of guests.

We measure success and happiness in terms of  materials and money unmindful of what one endures to reach there or whether it is within the child's aptitude and attitude sphere of a child's life.
The board in an effort to reduce drop outs says pass every child...in higher education start introduce college level concepts at school that cramming they think enhances knowledge and application.
The number of professional college seats out number students so all and sundry get a so called BE or MBBS degree but lack common sense based problem solving skills. We bemoan failure so there is no risk taking and awareness of self ...We pride when Adults consult and act as per dictates of friends and families with absolutely no reflection and thinking on their own.We think how respectful the person is.
docs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Happy birthday neel asma 
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dristi64

ASHU

I shall not congratulate you here because I already did😆
But thank you so much for dropping in here meri sunshine🤗

PRITEE

Exam khatam for now. But thanks anyway🤗

CONGRATS GOLDIE KALPANA🤗

Yo Drishti...🤗
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4zk9fKChs[/YOUTUBE]
docs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Getting MBBS is not easy etal. Unless ofcourse you have corers of rupees to pay donation ... Getting it through cet is not easy. 
And have you looked at thefee structure of a degree college???
The govt wants to open more iits when the current ones lack teaching staff...what is the govt playing at? According to a survey done recently the teachers of primary n middle school lack teaching skills. No point just opening schools we need properly trained teachers too...
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Dristi! Bahut din ho gaye...

Tcha... today's thread is reminding me of the song Jahan Char Yaar Mil Jaye ...