Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Deepthought

The Like was accidental. I do not agree with your comment.

India has had a long time to decide the issue of offficial language. To me it is perverse to impose a foreign language on the 75% whose mother tongue is not Hindi. Why not impose some other language (not Hindi) and use your argument of supplying translators?

BTW I also have problems with the impostion of Urdu in Pakistan. Ironically Jinnah didn't speak Urdu. At the time of partition, the most commonly spoken language of Pakistan was Punjabi.

Why compare to a nations like Pakistan when you can camp are to countries more developed than India?[/QUOTE]
I can't quite make out what you meant by your last sentence due to typo or syntax on your part.

The comparison with Pakistan is only because both countries as independent entities came into existence at the same time and have a shared history. 

The language issue has not been solved by any multilingual nation. The Americans imposed English and largely still do. They have occasionally given some leeway to Spanish speakers with some public messages in Spanish. The UK imposed English on Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland. Interstingly in the last 30 years, Welsh and Gaelic have made a comeback. 
[/QUOTE]
hindi is not foreign language.. its our national language which most in india can understand.. i am from the south yet i say so... we should stop this drama about mother tongue. what about dialects can people boycott a language over a dialect?
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: iMini

Of course! why debate over the imaginary problem?
Take it this way:
Out of 100 people, 45 people know Hindi out of which 25 have it as their mother tongue too.
Yes,hence it's the most common language in our country. I don't find this statement funny at all.
Exaggeration is what you do...2 out of 10? lol

I replied to the one below.. read your post read my post and  hen lol πŸ˜† ... I lol with tears for your imaginary statistics πŸ˜†πŸ˜­πŸ˜³ ... Okay given it to you.. 50% ok.. 50 percent can fluently understand (if that's a term) Hindi.. And you say the common language is Hindi that again sounds funny incorrect disrespectful mean idiotic dictating etc etc etc

and the problem is not imaginary my dear..  it is happening all around you.. all around us. may be you cant see but doesnt mean it doesnt exist.. 

Originally posted by: iMini

Hindi is the most common language in India..even if it's just 25 or even 20 % of people having it as their mother tongue. No other language beats that stat as far as I know.

Edited by ...Diala... - 8 years ago
...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

hindi is not foreign language.. its our national language which most in india can understand.. i am from the south yet i say so... we should stop this drama about mother tongue. what about dialects can people boycott a language over a dialect?

please understand what foreign means.. from the definition Hindi is indeed foreign for 75% of India (per 2011 census am not imagining).. just coz some 20% more (per imaginary stats) learnt (read: accepted imposition of) a foreign language as national language why do you think the rest 55% (imaginary stat again) should also party?

I appreciate your 'broadmindedness' of saying so inspite of being from south, but I think I can wait until all of north accepts it first.. 

http://scroll.in/article/710939/to-fight-the-maoists-chhatisgarh-cops-start-singing-in-gondi
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">I replied to the one below.. read your post read my post and hen lolπŸ˜†... I lol with tears for your imaginary statisticsπŸ˜†πŸ˜­πŸ˜³... Okay given it to you.. 50% ok.. 50 percent can fluently understand (if that's a term) Hindi.. And you say the common language is Hindi that again sounds funny incorrect disrespectful mean idiotic dictating etc etc etc</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">and the problem is not imaginary my dear.. it is happening all around you.. all around us. may be you cant see but doesnt mean it doesnt exist..</font>

gotcha! proved you want to believe on some stats and not on others.50%? who said that? and then you accuse me of imagining stuff despite citing sources like encarta,census πŸ˜†
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

please understand what foreign means.. from the definition Hindi is indeed foreign for 75% of India (per 2011 census am not imagining).. just coz some 20% more (per imaginary stats) learnt (read: accepted imposition of) a foreign language as national language why do you think the rest 55% (imaginary stat again) should also party?

I appreciate your 'broadmindedness' of saying so inspite of being from south, but I think I can wait until all of north accepts it first.. 

http://scroll.in/article/710939/to-fight-the-maoists-chhatisgarh-cops-start-singing-in-gondi

35% is just the mother tongue. 95% of northern/central  indian which constitutes more than 60% knows and uses hindi.Places like orissa, bengal, assam use hindi... the only problem may be again only in the south still Karnataka. Andhra accept hindi.. Kerala understands hindi.. the only problem state is TN... so as you see most of india understands and can use hindi... which can earn it the national language status.. ...I dont understand whats wrong with that... anyways?
...Diala... thumbnail
Imini.. I was just being generous πŸ˜‰ and I don't remember you citing source anywhere.. Pls share again.. Sorry if I had missed.. Seriously I don't think you did.. 

Qwerty.. Sorry dear it is not just TN.. Probably you don't know.. I don't blame you.. That's what most of India thinks as they were made to think so.. TN doesn't know Hindi, karunanidhi's political stunt, vote bank yeah go on go on.. Keep imagining.. You don't have data to support unless, may be unless, you think Karnataka is a part of Bangalore Bengal is a part of Kolkata andhra is a part of Hyderabad and so on.. Even that is because it was imposed on them.. Not because oh they were interested in learning a new lamguage.. Talk to me with stats from reliable sources.. 
How are people OK with a foreign language, English, being the official language but have an issue with Hindi, which is one of the majorly spoken Indian languages ? Funny what an inferiority complex does to people. 
iMini thumbnail
OK diala,atleast you could Google stats for yourselves .Encarta and national census ..even britannica...go to their sites.If these aren't reliable then I really can't help youπŸ˜†
iMini thumbnail
Diala-about your reply to qwerty's Post.
When was Hindi imposed upon people in Tamil nadu post independence and by whom? Cite some reliable sources supporting your views.
Compulsory teaching/use of Hindi is discouraged by the law since 1963
kindly have a read of the official languages act before posting such little informed arguments.Edited by iMini - 8 years ago
iMini thumbnail
http://m.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/think-rationally-about-learning-hindi-and-it-will-make-sense/article3942784.ece

^^regained my trust on the fact that rational humans still exist on this planet..especially after reading some so called arguments.. this article was much needed.πŸ˜›
I rest my case.😊
Rational indeed.