Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Deepthought

Fine example of mocking by someone who bears the title of moderator!

All problems are not easily soluable so what's wrong in being honest as opposed to thinking you can railroad people into doing something they clearly object to?

I told the truth, you did not offer any solution, did not even try to do so. If you are against something, you should also provide a solution that will make things better in your opinion. Why don't I see that?

But in the meanwhile, if something is not easily solvable, does not mean that the Prime Minister should not deliver any speech till it is solved. Maybe we should accept that and till the time it is solved, instead of focussing on the language in which the speech is delivered, focus on the content.
Deepthought thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

I told the truth, you did not offer any solution, did not even try to do so. If you are against something, you should also provide a solution that will make things better in your opinion. Why don't I see that?

But in the meanwhile, if something is not easily solvable, does not mean that the Prime Minister should not deliver any speech till it is solved. Maybe we should accept that and till the time it is solved, instead of focussing on the language in which the speech is delivered, focus on the content.

Did i say or even hint that the PM shouldn't give his speech in Hindi? I raised some difficult issues regarding the idea of a national language - and it is a difficulty faced by many other nations, and none of them IMO have solved it effectively. 
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
India has no national language deepthought,because we respect diversity.Nobody here nor the government has supported the idea of a national language.
I really don't understand the outrage. Can someone please brief me on the issue. 

From my knowledge, what is the issue if Hindi is given the preferance ? Why are people so prejudiced with Hindi ? My mother tongue is Gujarati. But thanks to the education system, I am trilingual and able to communicate in Hindi, Gujarati and English. So I am having hard time with the Hallabaloo. Why are people having an issue with Hindi ? If not Hindi, it'll be some other language as pointed out by Mini. And even then there'll be 101 objections. Hindi definitely is understood and spoken by majority of Indians as far as I am concerned. So problem kya hain ? πŸ€”
Edited by Fiery.Phoenix. - 8 years ago
shrikrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hindi is most understood and spoken by majority and its India's official language as well (alongside English).Maybe the issue is that PM's Independence Day speech is for all Indians,and India has many non-hindi speakers as well.There should be dubbing of PM's speech in other regional languages as well.
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This article itself is factually incorrect πŸ˜•

1. The headline says Anti-Hindi Campaign' while it was actually Anti-Hindi Imposition Campaign'
  2. Article says But in South India, objections were flagged quickly' while people from West Bengal and Maharashtra and many more states were also participating
  3. The tweet up campaign was done on Independence Day', not on the Day that PM Narendra Modi will give speech in hindi about Start Up India, Stand Up India''. Campaign was planned ahead of PMs speech

...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: iMini

The point is that 45-50% of the people know fluent Hindi in India and that's what matters the most when the PM or anyone should decide in which language should any message be conveyed to the people. Mother tongue or not,majority should understand the language.I don't see any suitable alternative to Hindi.
India is too diverse.There should be translators appointed.

Do you have data to support what you say? Seriously? 45-50% of India speaks Hindi fluently? πŸ˜²

2011 census says 25.97% of India has its mother tongue as Hindi (If the 3.35 Cr of people who speak non scheduled languages are brought in this will further reduce). This is what the PLE member said in the interview.. 

and even if all 49 branches of hindi are brought in, the figure is still 42% .. that again leaves me confused.. when all other languages have max 5 branches, how did Hindi get so may... seriously, Rajasthani is branch of Hindi??? πŸ˜² Hope they dont add Malayalam and Telugu 

And I suggest you to check the meaning of 'Majority' pls... I agree with the last part.. if translators are appointed, doesnt matter what language the PM speaks.. atleast for me πŸ˜†
Edited by ...Diala... - 8 years ago
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">Do you have data to support what you say? Seriously? 45-50% of India speaks Hindi fluently?😲</font>

<font color="#006600" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">2011 census says 25.97% of India has its mother tongue as Hindi (If the 3.35 Cr of people who speak non scheduled languages are brought in this will further reduce). This is what the PLE member said in the interview..</font>

<font color="#006600" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">and even if all 49 branches of hindi are brought in, the figure is still 42% .. that again leaves me confused.. when all other languages have max 5 branches, how did Hindi get so may... seriously, Rajasthani is branch of Hindi???😲Hope they dont add Malayalam and Telugu</font>

<font color="#006600" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And I suggest you to check the meaning of 'Majority' pls... I agree with the last part.. if translators are appointed, doesnt matter what language the PM speaks.. atleast for meπŸ˜†</font>

There is a difference between speaking and knowing.
Maybe read my post a bit more carefully?😳
...Diala... thumbnail
I am pretty sure I did.. come on... didnt u say fluently? how can you know/understand a language fluently..  πŸ€”
Ahhh now I get ths issue. Big deal. Just get the speech translated. Or do people really expect PM to know all the Indian languages ? πŸ˜²