Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
First of all, what is the need of a link language? Which is the threatening social problem in India that has this root cause of absense of a link language?

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

I would appeal to Tamilians to once again consider my suggestion that they should learn Hindi. If my suggestion does not make sense, please reject it.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">Rational indeed. Suggestion and Should in the same sentence😕and add the name sake statement I am against imposition, I respect all languages blah blah blah. No wonder you are happy with that article.</font>

what is your problem with it? He also asks you to reject it if you want to.

Another point: Either learn debating ethics or stop posting over here.
iMini thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">First of all, what is the need of a link language? Which is the threatening social problem in India that has this root cause of absense of a link language?</font>

Don't talk about not needing a link language if you were the one complaining about not understanding the PMs speech or not understanding the swachh bharat campaign adds.

Our nation cannot be linked till we have pigheaded people who get butthurt every time they are asked to learn something new.

Such people can turn a simple debate too into a heated argument.

Take this rage on a large scale and you'll see why it's unhealthy.Edited by iMini - 8 years ago
iMini thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">I gave you data from census site on mother tongue stats to support my statement. If you cant share it and want me to search for what you wanna prove, please laugh at yourself. Thank you.</font>

Yes,I assumed stating the sources would have been enough since you are educated enough..didn't know I was wrong. Laughing at my own self as per your order.
iMini thumbnail
Rehanism: That 'most' commonly spread is obviously in comparison to other Indian languages if you didn't notice the 'most'.
I've been to a lot of places,in no place I've found no one knowing Hindi.

On the main issue of this debate: what is your opinion and what solution do you suggest?
iMini thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">I am happy you know what the official languages act says. And i dont get how you thought i am little informed about that. anyway not really surprised. Did you even read my last post on page 4?</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">and for your information the current trend is also about amending the constitution of India which often cries for the development of Hindi.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">Red: since 1963? mmm🤔🤔🤔</font>

<font color="#006600" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"></a></font><a href="mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/document-reports/NPE-1968.pdf">National Policy on Education, 1968

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">This policy is neither properly implemented nor scrapped. Reasons I assume 1) Non Hindi states not happy with having Hindi being mandatory 2)whole India is not happy with English being mandatory.
Second/Third choice for Hindi states is 'preferably south Indian language' and that of Non-Hindi states is 'Hindi'. If you can see the hidden message, good.</font>

reason( 1) and 2 were exactly why those policies were formed.
@bold: Not really.students in Hindi states or southern states too might prefer learning west or east Indian languages like Gujarati,Bengali.

I see your point of non-hindi speakers being given only Hindi as an option-but where does that happen?
If this happens in schools or anywhere then you have all the legal rights to question them.
CBSE doesn't allow such imposition at least.
...Diala... thumbnail

Originally posted by: iMini

what is your problem with it? He also asks you to reject it if you want to.

Another point: Either learn debating ethics or stop posting over here.

Problem word is "should". I told you clearly. Of course a suggestion will be either approved or rejected,with or without he saying that.

Please report the posts where I were unethical. 
Edited by ...Diala... - 8 years ago
...Diala... thumbnail

Don't talk about not needing a link language if you were the one complaining about not understanding the PMs speech or not understanding the swachh bharat campaign adds.

I don't have to worry about PM speech in Hindi, my language TV news and Printed news will do the job. Clean India - Why should they telecast a non-tamil ad in Tamil channel was my question. I have n means to understand the movement. Did I say I missed out anything as I couldn't understand the ad? No. But the attitude? What is to be understood from that? that irks me (us)

Btw thanks for teaching debate forum ethics in the very next post. You can see I am new here and that was extremely helpful.
...Diala... thumbnail

Yes,I assumed stating the sources would have been enough since you are educated enough..didn't know I was wrong. Laughing at my own self as per your order.

Sorry but those sites you stated are huge. Please be sensible. You can't ask one to search something that they believe to not exist
...Diala... thumbnail

This policy is neither properly implemented nor scrapped. Reasons I assume 1) Non Hindi states not happy with having Hindi being mandatory 2)whole India is not happy with English being mandatory. 

Second/Third choice for Hindi states is 'preferably south Indian language' and that of Non-Hindi states is 'Hindi'. If you can see the hidden message, good.

reason( 1) and 2 were exactly why those policies were formed.

@bold: Not really.students in Hindi states or southern states too might prefer learning west or east Indian languages like Gujarati,Bengali.

I see your point of non-hindi speakers being given only Hindi as an option-but where does that happen?
If this happens in schools or anywhere then you have all the legal rights to question them.
CBSE doesn't allow such imposition at least.

Blue: I dont get what you say. Reasons 1 & 2 were those i derived from the very policy. 

Red: You misunderstood. The one in bold is not my statement but from the policy. It is unfair to say Hindi states (those that accepted Hindi) should preferably learn one south Indian language (i know it is a eye wash statement but still). If I am a Punjabi and Union mandates Hindi and English plus language of choice i will choose to learn Punjabi. 

Purple: As I said this is not implemented but neither scrapped. how can I raise legal issue against a law that is still active on papers? I can only demand changes. And this union is indeed heading towards reinforcing this policy. 

And it is exactly CBSE that they have started with. Heard of dumping German as third language in Kendriya Vidyalayas? So urgent that they cant even wait till the academic year is over? 

The students were given an option to choose Sanskrit or any modern Indian language. However the policy says Sanskrit can be a part of modern Indian language course or history or philosophy, doesn't talk of Sanskrit as a course by itself, so what is being enforced is the three language policy and a bit more to it. If you know what I mean.