It is interesting to play an evil queen " Aashka Goradia

DimpleAggarwal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

It is interesting to play an evil queen - Aashka Goradia

Aashka Goradia is quite happy with her two year old Sony historical show Maharana Pratap, "We continue to rate Numero Uno on the channel. As the capital city of Mewar Chittod is now under siege of the Mughal emperor Akbar, the Rajput's are shifting base to Udaipur."

Coming to her character, Aashka says, "it is really interesting to play a evil queen like for although Maharani Dheerbai Bhatiyani loves Pratap, she can't see him becoming king as she wants her son to ascend his father to the throne and she achieves her ends as well. Being a historical there is lot of do's and don't. I really had to work hard on the body language, diction, mannerisms given the pole political position in Mewar hierarchy Bhatiyani enjoyed due to the virtue of being the youngest and the most beautiful queen of Maharana Udai Singh (Shakti Anand)."

Remind her that the numbers of the show have dipped post the leap, and Aashka says ,"You need to appreciate the fact once any show takes a leap, it does take some time for the audiences to warm up to the newer lot of characters , and in our case matters are slightly more tougher give the fact that. Faisal Khan (Young Pratap)was very popular amongst the viewers, so it had a bigger jolt as compared to leaps on other shows. However I see it from a positive point of just how popular Maharana Pratap was. Last but not the least a child' saga always elicits more interest than a grown man's struggle. Contiloe Entertainment is gearing up to resurrect the former glory of the show by bringing back some character's i.e Kunwar Shakti Singh (Now grown up though). There might be introduction of a new female character in Pratap's ( Sharad Malhotra) personal life as well. So be ready for some big high points. "

She goes on, "Further I wish to point out that you really can't compare pre and post leap numbers for the entire rating system(from TAM to BARC) has changed in the recent past . The fresh sample size and measurement matrix is now totally different. Hence it will take some time for all concerned stake holders to properly understand its nitty-gritty. E.g. under BARC a highly popular show as has dropped from 6 (during TAM) to 2.5 now. Also the entire roll out of BARC is yet to be complete for they are only reporting from urban centres for now . The real game changer is yet to unravel when they start announcing numbers from rural areas as well, a sector which TAM never ventured into."

By Anil Merani

credit: telly  tadka

Edited by DimpleAggarwal - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
nice to know shakti singh coming ... and then sure garden garden will come too.
vibrantvibes thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
TFS😊
Finally Shakti is reentering...I'm glad πŸ˜†
Ravendor1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So finally..they are showing Shakti!!
Though I think he was supposed to come before the siege! πŸ˜›
Anyway! It'll be interesting πŸ˜‰
Nandini6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
TFS
I dont want any female to enter Pratap's life😭
bitblue thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
cant wait to see you in your original evil character. enough sugar coating done by you.  
Annei123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandini6

TFS

I dont want any female to enter Pratap's life😭

Same here πŸ˜­ only want r Praja 
Jaz_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes, Finally! πŸ˜ƒDB is back to being the wicked witch! She's best at that; couldn't digest this 'reformed' DB.
Hmm another woman in Pratap's life?  I wonder who? πŸ˜†
More drama to come.  Will keep things interesting.

TFS Dimple 😊
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
TFS!😊
Yayy! Shakti's re-entry!πŸ˜ƒ
But i don't want that female character.😭😭(possibly phool?πŸ˜²πŸ˜•)
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this article Dimple😊