Manjot Singh to play Navjot Sidhu's role in Azhar

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Manjot Singh to play Navjot Sidhu's role in Azhar'

PTI | June 30, 2015, 17.06 pm IST

Bollywood actor Manjot Singh feels honoured to play the role of former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu in the forthcoming biopic "Azhar". Manjot Singh is best known for his role in films like "Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!", "Student Of The Year", "Fukrey".

The 22-year-old actor will be seen in biopic - "Azhar", which is based on life of the former India skipper Mohammad Azharuddin. "I am doing the film... I am going to play the role of Navjot Singh Sidhuji. It is a big role I am excited, nervous. Initially, I was shocked when I was offered this role. I asked the makers if they were sure about casting me ... I did audition for the role and got selected," Manjot told PTI.

The actor, who will be completing his graduation from Delhi University, is keen on meeting Sidhu. "I have asked the makers if I can get a chance to meet him (Sidhu) to understand him, his body language more closely for enacting the role better. I attended workshops, watched videos of him and read about him," he said.

Actor Emraan Hashmi will be seen playing the role of Azharuddin in the biopic. The film is scheduled to hit the screens in May next year.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150630/entertainment-bollywood/article/manjot-singh-play-navjot-sidhu%E2%80%99s-role-%E2%80%98azhar%E2%80%99

Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
he will play the young sindu? hmm not bad he is kinda suits the role
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sidhu left one England tour midway after a fight with then captain Azhar πŸ˜† , hope they add this in the film.
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharif.Badmaash

Sidhu left one England tour midway after a fight with then captain Azhar πŸ˜† , hope they add this in the film.

He announced his retirement from tests after that, siddhu never explained his actions. Apparently azhar was trying to force sidhu to do fixing

Why would you make movie on this fixer πŸ€’
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

This biopic will be very intersting many raaz will be opened. πŸ˜†
Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 8 years ago
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mahatma123

He announced his retirement from tests after that, siddhu never explained his actions. Apparently azhar was trying to force sidhu to do fixing

Why would you make movie on this fixer🀒

coz his story is controversial & can be made into a good film πŸ˜†

no , actually he played till 1999.
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

coz his story is controversial & can be made into a good film πŸ˜†

no , actually he played till 1999.

I want makes shld also explore that fixing thing happened in 1999 and put some light on that. 
That is, if they show the truth. I am sure Azhar will paint him as the victim. If they showed that he really did fixing, then Azhar ko desh nikala mil jayega.
Why this Ketka always glorifies such people.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
he'll look like a baccha!
but i dunno how old was paaji then? 

i love this boy manjot but! especially as lali in fukrey!
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mahatma123

Why would you make movie on this fixer πŸ€’

coz it will be boring to a watch a documentary on good man like dravid