anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Dev knows he is good in accounting.  He wanted to take the bank exams and work in a nationalized bank but that was not to be. Payal did not want her parents to know that he was attending classes to pass the bank exam - in order to keep up Payal's pretense he decided to drop the idea of working in a bank.  So, he had polished up his resume and had begun applying for suitable jobs.  Thus far he had successfully obtained two job offers.  The first job offer he turned down so that the individual next in line for it could get it because he needed the money to treat his ailing mother.  The second job offer - well, he beat up his boss because he was womanizer. 

In short, he turned down the second job offer too because his would-be-boss was harassing a female candidate..  The lady had thanked him profusely, in fact just this morning she had called him and expressed her deepest gratitude on helping her find a job.  Dev was puzzled "But how did I help you find a job?"  he asked.  The young lady answered: "Confidence ... I had none.  Your support and advice that day gave me the confidence to face my next interview.  I prepared hard for the interview and passed the interview with flying colors and got the job I always dreamed of being - a web designer!  Without your words and support I would never have picked up myself and gone for the second interview, so I just wanted to call and say thank you a million times!"  Kind words were exchanged and the phone call was over.

What a shock!!  Dev had no job and his life was in a crisis.  His nephew, Sonu had been kidnapped!  And, his wife Payal was getting ready to go meet the kidnappers with the ransom!  "Am I practicing what I preach?"  Dev asked himself.  "Here I exhorted the young lady to be fearless in facing the person who harasses her and hit back.  Now why am I sitting at home while Payal walks into danger?"

Dev thought for a moment.  Then, he got up, caught hold of Payal's hand and walked with her determinedly to Gulkand's room.  Dev shut the door behind him, looked at Gul and Payal and said "Listen you two, this is what we are going to do to get Sonu back.  I will go dressed as Payal with the money to meet those goons.  I do not want the two of you to breathe a word about our plan to anybody - not even to Ma or Ayyo."  They talked further and finalized their plan.

At nightfall, Dev dressed as Payal went with the ransom money to meet the goons.  Once he got Sonu - he moved him to safety and asked him to lie low.  Then to keep the goons engaged he got into a fist fight with them until the police that were following the tracker he was wearing arrived. 

Sonu was brought home to a distraught Gul who was happy to see him.  But the family crisis only deepened because it soon became apparent that it was Natru who was behind the kidnapping.   The police wanted to arrest Natru.  Ayyo wanted Gul to withdraw the charges so that Natru would not be taken into police custody.  But Gul was adamant - she would not and could not forgive a grandfather who had his own grandson kidnapped.  Payal was in shock - she could not believe that Natru wanted to get hold of her money.  The police informed them that this was not the first time that Natru had resorted to criminal activity to steal from the family.  Apparently Natru and the Dhongi Baba were working together to swindle the family wealth.  Faced with the truth about Natru - other than Ayyo, no one - neither, Dev, Payal, Santoshi Devi, or Guddi, pleaded with Gul to take back the charges.

The police officers praised Dev for his smarts and bravery in catching the goons and the Dhongi Baba.  Natru and Jaiswal were taken away and booked.  Before leaving, the officers bantered with Dev - telling him that he should consider joining the Force.

Payal was with Santoshi Devi.  Dev was feeling a little bummed out - thinking about his family and his unemployed status.  He sat alone on the roof.  When he thought about what the officers had told him about joining the police force - he asked himself "Am I using my real strengths?"  He asked himself if accounting was his passion or a skill he had.  The answer came quickly - it was just a skill and his real passion and strength was in setting things right and in helping people.

About 5 years later, Dev is an ASP (Assistant Superintendent of Police) with the Crime Branch.  He has received several honors and medals, and is respected for his honesty and integrity.  Dev and Payal have two beautiful children.  Payal continues to work with the PWD.  Gul takes care of the home.  Guddi is married.  Ayyo is still scrambling for tenders.

After Natru was released on bail - Gul dropped the charges.  She just wanted Natru to be in jail for two nights - the same that she had gone through in Mumbai.  Natru and Santoshi Devi have moved to Varanasi - where they live in one of the ashrams!

Edited by anonee - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very nice os if swb ends close to this i would be happy 
i wish jogs get caught and sent to jail asap
anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sb1410

Very nice os if swb ends close to this i would be happy 

i wish jogs get caught and sent to jail asap

Thank  you for the appreciation! ðŸ˜Š

I too would be happy if they were to end in a similar manner! ðŸ˜†
nirmalac99 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Reading the first OS on Devyal...Thanks Meena....

Could not believe tat Dev did this as he s shown as a simple and silent guy in d show....but loved Dev as ACP...Their fast leap of having children s best moment of the story...

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice ending OS. I have been traveling and have not watched the show. I have, however, been reading the WUs every now and then,