|| Fan Fiction Beta Readers - Apply Now! || - Update

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

After a much popular demand from writers on India-Forums, the Fan Fictions Forum is ready to implement the beta readers idea suggested. To begin, we'd like to open up applications for anyone interested in becoming a Beta Reader.

W h a t  I s  A  B e t a  R e a d e r ?

*Beta readers are essentially editors that provide feedback to writers.

*Writers from any forum on IF will be given the opportunity to submit a chapter of their fan fiction before posting, and/or a one shot by PM for an edit.

*The Beta Readers will go through your sent in submission, edit it and send it back to you with it edited (possibly with feedback if the beta felt the need to give you any).

There will be further limitations as to what sort of submissions will be accepted for edits. A criteria for work sent in will be drafted out and posted after the beta readers have been chosen.

D o  Y o u  W a n t  T o  B e c o m e  A 
B e t a  R e a d e r ?

To become a Beta Reader, you must pass the first round by answering the following questions:

Name:
Availability/Commitments (on IF):

(Commitments can include: FF writer, CC team/BC team, coolbie, videobie, DT member, graphics shop, etc)

We are beginning with a trial run to see how this idea works on India-Forums. If writers on IF continue to use the beta readers, we will expand the team. For now, we will attempt it with an accepted 7-9 beta readers.

If you pass the first round, you will be sent a PM with a moderately well written passage to edit. Based on your editing of that passage and/or feedback you provide, you will be rejected or accepted.

All Beta Readers will be given titles underneath their avatars just as the Fan Fiction Graphicers do. The titles will be seen as follows: "Fan Fiction Beta Reader".

Speaking of the graphicers, if any writers are interested in getting banners or signatures for their fan fictions, one shots, and/or short stories, feel free to drop by at the FF Creativity Shop #11 at the FF forum. All requests are taken promptly and completed as soon as its possible by the team!

Applicants, please send in the answers to the questions posted above to the following account -> CrazyCreatives by:

May 10th, 2015.

If you have any questions, please feel free to approach either I or .Farzi.

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrazyCreatives thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
..Updates..

All PMs are to be sent to this account, please! Once the deadline has passed for the first round and PMs for the second round are sent out, it'll be updated right here.

Update #1
-Second round PMs have been sent out on May 15th. Deadline is June 1st.
Edited by CrazyCreatives - 8 years ago
krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
FAQs

1. Can we choose the genre of the fic to beta/what if I don't want to beta a fic because I am not comfortable with the genre or I don't like the couple? 
You're not being held at gunpoint to beta someone's work. If someone approaches you with a FF of a genre/couple you're not comfortable with, you are entitled to refuse the person and he/she will contact someone else. We've not worked out exactly how will things work out, but rest assured we'll keep you all updated regarding the same.

2. What are the commitments you're looking at?
This has been elucidated above, but making ourselves clear - any ongoing CGs/FFs? Members of the CC/BC/DT/CB? Any other work commitments in real life that you think we should know about?  

*to be updated as more questions arise*
Edited by .Farzi. - 9 years ago
Sexylicious. thumbnail
a brilliant idea :)

Would like to participate :3
Skyfall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I think this is a really good idea as someone who writes their own fan fictions, I have always wished someone would proof read my work. No one in my life is available to have a quick look at a chapter to give me some feedback so this concept seems wonderful to me (especially considering I have always struggled with grammar issues haha). 

I also think this will really help newbie writers and give them that much needed confidence to post their work. As I am aware that when you initially set out to post your story online, you are a bit conscious of your writing. 
Edited by Skyfall - 9 years ago
FromTheAshes thumbnail
Awesome,would love to apply
.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
great idea! this wil be anothr level of excellence on IF..bingo!
not.here thumbnail
I like this idea. Let's see if my skills impress. šŸ˜Š
So May 10th is the deadline okay. Let me do it now so I do not forget.
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Good luck to whoever is applying. :D :D
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This is such an amazing idea. [:)] 
Hope it is successful.