•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

KAREENA KAPOOR
Kareena Kapoor was in Qatar on Thursday to inaugurate a showroom of a jewellery brand she endorses. The actress looked wow in a Rohit Bal anarkali.

On Thursday, Kareena Kapoor inaugurated an outlet of Malabar Gold & Diamonds at Lulu Hypermarket in Doha. For the event she donned a red traditional dress by designer Rohit Bal.

Traditional numbers by Rohit Bal are suddenly catching the fancy of Bollywood actresses. Just a few days back, we spotted Aishwarya Rai in a splendid anarkali by the designer.

Kareena carried the Bal dress with grace and elegance. She complemented it with jewellery and kept her hair swept to one side.

We give our thumbs-up to this look by Kareena Kapoor Khan. What are your thoughts?
Pics link

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/slide_show/sid100024346-style_watch_kareena_kapoor_dons_rohit_bal_for_event_in_qatar/
Edited by desigal90 - 8 years ago
With her team vacationing earlier during the day
Thousands of crazed fans gathered at the D-Ring Road Lulu Hypermarket in Qatar yesterday to catch a glimpse of film star Kareena Kapoor, one of Bollywood's most familiar faces.

The actress made her first visit to Doha last night to attend the inauguration of one of the largest Indian jewelry franchises, opening the sixth Qatar branch of Malabar Gold and Diamonds.

Kapoor is one of the brand's newest ambassadors, and comes from a country where film stars are often put on a pedestal by their subcontinental fans, many of whom live in extreme poverty.

Analysts say that the $4.5 billion film industry has diversified its movie offerings in recent years, but still nets the majority of its profits from peddling fantastical and escapist cinema full of action, grandeur, and colorful musicals.

For those in the diaspora - including many of Qatar's 700,000 Indian expats, the Gulf country's largest demographic group - Bollywood serves as a tether to their homeland, acting as a sort of "binding element" to their native culture and traditions, according to one film house executive.
Last night, teenage girls, mothers and others from the Indian, subcontinent - mostly blue-collar workers - screamed and jostled each other in excitement near the makeshift stage in the hypermarket's parking lot as the actress arrived.

Fans, some of whom had lined up almost six hours prior to the actress's arrival, waved printed pictures of Kapoor and brandished autograph notebooks as she sang, danced and took pictures with the crowd.

"Thank you for all the love that you've shown me. It means a lot. I didn't expect such a huge turnout...I won't forget this," Kapoor said in English.

Several dignitaries, including the Indian Ambassador to Qatar and his wife, also attended the opening, speaking to the actress after the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

The visit comes several days after Kapoor's well-attended visit to open another branch in Abu Dhabi.

The occasion also marked the first sales of several of the brand's collections, most of which feature handcrafted gold, diamonds, and other precious stones.
Is she in Qatar to print her rate card? #Heroine
Oh wow she looks luminous!! Just love those earrings too!  Red brings out her complexion like nothing else! 
I loved that lightening pic
She is lkng awesome in dat pic
The colour is nice...but I didn't like the chevron stripes tha much..I know that they are in..but Rohit Bal overdid it in the anarkali...Kareena managed to salvage it... but it is Kareena who looks good..not that dress