Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sman thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: _Mini_

Hi, 
How nice of your cousin. And lovely of the family to praise her openheartedly.  Its always an advantage to learn a new language or learn more about a culture. It can only enhance ones development as a person, if anything. 

My SIL bought a Bengali to English/Hindi Dictionary 10 years ago when she wanted to patao my Dad to agree for this alliance. My Bro decided to take no stand, saying either he will Marry or Not Marry (anyone)!! 
Once we(Mom n I) convinced dad about her good intentions to blend with us like sugar in Milk. The marriage happened with all the pomp n show. Now, the book holds a place of pride in the bookshelf still, good as new like it was 10 yrs ago.  

Tumpa, sounds Hi-fi? Then 60% bong girls are hi-fi. ๐Ÿคฃ 
Namesake, The book and the movie both were nice. Btw, I have cousins named Gogol and Googli!! 
Howzzat!  For a Daaknaam!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

:-))  enjoyed reading your comments.. Tumpa is a common daaknaam??  I like Googli daaknaam..rhymes with hoogly river :-)  your cousin will kill me if he/she reads this..
swat.g thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful chapter! I am in love!
asmanichatri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So I couldn't resist and had to come back and post a few stray thoughts here:

• I think now I know why Arnav has a wheelchair in his car, it is because dad is sick. Too bad Khushi doesn't bring it up. Actually it is probably for the best. Dosti ka mausam has just arrived, so why mess with it right away.
  • I am not usually an NK fan (from the show), but your NK I can get on board with.. and he has the whimsiness of the show NK, but written so much better. Amidst all the silly bantering he has with Arnav, they do share a great bond. He is genuinely concerned about his well-being and looks out for him. Can we get a scene where he and Cutie Kumari Gupta meet? Please. All the men treat Khushi with kid gloves, but I don't think NK will.. because he has zero baggage with her & she with him. So we need a scene pronto with the two of them
  • I love the parallels that you suggest between Arnav and Khushi's lives. The design company is Arnav's dream and sports is Khushi's. And AR and T&S are both things that they have inherited, almost reluctantly. Though T&S is much smaller compared to AR, the problems they face are similar - there are issues of inheritance, saboteurs and  constant drama. Khushi, because she literally comes from the School of Hard Rocks, is able to treat T&S better.. by which I mean, she doesn't overthink as much as Arnav and shrugs and moves on. Khushi as she says to Arnav links T&S so much to her mother, someone she loves that she wants to make something of it. For Arnav too AR is much more about his mother than father. And he does love his mother, and i think that is why he will eventually come through for AR
  • Love the attention you pay to side characters. In this chapter you gave Faisal Bhai an important role. I feel Faisal Bhai's wisdom is some day going to help Khushi - love someone who sees the best version of you. Good advice ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Some of your characters are lying low - Renu Bhabhi, Payal, Aman, Anand Raizada, and it makes me very suspicious. I feel none of them are upto any good. I am more concerned about what they are upto than about Mihir Gupta. Unless Mihir Gupta is Shyam Gupta. If that happens, shit will hit the fan.
  • I have a feeling that Khushi will agree to marry Abhimanyu. And I imagine he is a sweet guy and there is nothing sinister about him. Rather I hope he isn't
  • Khushi going back to Alchemy - nice. Have to wonder if someone is behind this though? Poonam Raizada perhaps? I know I am being annoyingly hopeful about resolving everything, but it would be nice if Mrs P gets a nice redemption arc by the end of this. 
  • Loved the last part, it was the shortest bit, but there were so many emotions at play. Plus it reminded me of one of my absolute favourite poems

Okay, I will stop now.
Edited by asmanichatri - 9 years ago
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
such a lovely update.. hope Khushi gets the job in Alchemy...
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
One of my most favorite chapters simply felt the closeness towards a relation building again between Arnav and Khushi.. It's like a new beginning.. Fantastic!

Khushi is Rock Star here .. Hats off to her:)

Kudos to your writing.. It's admirable and amazing!

As always your ending just makes me in awe... To look forward to next!

Thank you for updating...
divya_divs thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome updates dear๐Ÿ˜› enjoyed reading them๐Ÿ˜Šcan't wait 2 read more๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ardentfitzcy thumbnail
Hey Radhika
had not been able to comment for last two parts.
Life had been going a little busy and had been feeling a little low lately. But today after reading your update i felt happy. Yeah just like that i was happy. All that acha acha wala feeling. You are telling the story in such a beautiful manner that everytime i read it i can feel the emotions each chapter depicts.
All a khushi has been searching for is the right friend , a friend who understands the unspoken , who takes a look at her face and knows something is amiss, a friend whom she can share the smallest of things. Preeto being a new mother has her limitations. But she is great friend.
But with Arnav its different . Because he is the one the heart has always wanted.
Thankyou ! Its great reading the update. I have said this earlier will repeat again. The apnapan in the story makes me come back here time and again.
I am in love with this story dammit!Edited by ardentfitzcy - 9 years ago
YellowBoots thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you, all (fellow Bengalis and non-Bengalis) for such lovely, lovely comments. 

And yes, to the people who asked me what a daaknaam is, it is a nickname that is given to most Bengali children, along with their bhalo naam (formal name).
The best daaknaams have no connection whatsoever to the bhalonaam and should at least be slightly embarrassing.
My daaknaam is Puchki, named thus after the famous puchka (golgappa), because I was a cherubic baby.

I am unsure when I will post the next part, probably end of next weekend because I have a busy work-week ahead.

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: YellowBoots

Thank you, all (fellow Bengalis and non-Bengalis) for such lovely, lovely comments. 

And yes, to the people who asked me what a daaknaam is, it is a nickname that is given to most Bengali children, along with their bhalo naam (formal name).
The best daaknaams have no connection whatsoever to the bhalonaam and should at least be slightly embarrassing.
My daaknaam is Puchki, named thus after the famous puchka (golgappa), because I was a cherubic baby.

I am unsure when I will post the next part, probably end of next weekend because I have a busy work-week ahead.

Radhika, your notes are as interesting to read as your updates.

Being  a south Indian, I never knew about daaknaam or bhalonaam traditions among Bengalis. Thank you for sharing that information with us readers.

And your daaknaam is so cute. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Hope  your busy week goes without any major problems. And now eagerly waiting for the next weekend. 
CheshireBilli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: asmanichatri

So I couldn't resist and had to come back and post a few stray thoughts here:

• I am not usually an NK fan (from the show), but your NK I can get on board with.. and he has the whimsiness of the show NK, but written so much better. Amidst all the silly bantering he has with Arnav, they do share a great bond. He is genuinely concerned about his well-being and looks out for him. Can we get a scene where he and Cutie Kumari Gupta meet? Please. All the men treat Khushi with kid gloves, but I don't think NK will.. because he has zero baggage with her & she with him. So we need a scene pronto with the two of them
  • I love the parallels that you suggest between Arnav and Khushi's lives. The design company is Arnav's dream and sports is Khushi's. And AR and T&S are both things that they have inherited, almost reluctantly. Though T&S is much smaller compared to AR, the problems they face are similar - there are issues of inheritance, saboteurs and  constant drama. Khushi, because she literally comes from the School of Hard Rocks, is able to treat T&S better.. by which I mean, she doesn't overthink as much as Arnav and shrugs and moves on. Khushi as she says to Arnav links T&S so much to her mother, someone she loves that she wants to make something of it. For Arnav too AR is much more about his mother than father. And he does love his mother, and i think that is why he will eventually come through for AR.
  • Loved the last part, it was the shortest bit, but there were so many emotions at play. Plus it reminded me of one of my absolute favourite poems

Okay, I will stop now.

1. SAME FEELINGS ABOUT NK. I've never been fond of the original NK and found him grating and overdone. But I am genuinely fond of this one and am rooting for an NK-Cutie Kumari Gupta meeting too! ๐Ÿ˜†

2. That is such an interesting parallel! Wouldn't ever have thought of it like that. Guess Arnav and Khushi have more in common than they think, yet again.

3. Thank you for sharing that poem, Asma! It was beautiful!