Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Why is Sonakshi getting flack for stating the truth. She said exactly what I thought about the video. 

All the actual message got lost due to dialogues which sounded way high handed and as though we are competing with men. Also degrading men and not really showing the problems that some women are facing.

The language was also wrong, would have been better if it was in Hindi.

I do not think Sonakshi has made tall claims to empower women.
john-angad thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

She is actually right.. makes sense and she never claimed that she is the one empowering women so she can work in whoever's movie she wants.. she never made a claim that she's doing this meaningful cinema or whatever neither do those movies make that claim.. the movies are made for an entertainment purpose and much to our dislike people end up liking Rowdy Rathore and Action Jackson too.. I don't like Sonakshi but I have seen here how people keep criticizing her on the same thing.. I guess it's better to be what it is then being diplomatic.. she's not making no fake claims of being the next National award nominee she's just doing basic movies many people in India like..

agreed! she is not claiming her roles are women centric or empowering. ,...she is right saying that empowerment is to provide resources and chances to those women who don't have them, not about sexual freedom so much the way deepika's video is higlighting those issues which don't figure on top of the priority list.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Working in films is her profession. How does that relate to what she thinks about women empowerment!  
On top of that, she never claimed to be the savior of women! 
Sunny Leone is the most empowered woman.
atominis thumbnail
Sunflower52

People would be burning effigies on streets had this video been in Hindi. Translate same things in Hindi, it feels more repulsive.
They saved themselves from major backlash by speaking in English. πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

I don't know how can one even think of sex when one is even struggling to live with safety, getting dictated on what one should eat, how to speak, sleep, what hobbies to pursue, whether to study or not, struggling with health issues and nutrition etc.

And here people are hung up on being judged or not for having sex before or outside marriage! I wonder how many are starving this much for sex.

Forget the video, going by your logic...we should stop debating and bothering about little things in life as we already have bigger issues to deal with. How can I even speak about issues like 'being able to safely travel late in the night' when clearly there are people who are dying of starvation.

Burning effegies? I think we are going over-board over there. Except for a single line (which btw can also be interepreted in a diff way) i don't see anything wrong in the video. I do agree about the criticism but some of the stuff is just going overboard unnecessarily. People dragging issues like rape and dowry to point out the loopholes doesn't go down well with me even. Well again, that's just me probably.
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Sunflower52

People would be burning effigies on streets had this video been in Hindi. Translate same things in Hindi, it feels more repulsive.
They saved themselves from major backlash by speaking in English. πŸ˜†

I still do not get who were their target audience, I bet there are more uneducated women then educated ones. 

I guess so as I said in another thread the real issue is all lost in the video and can not be addressed in 2 minutes video which was badly made.

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

Forget the video, going by your logic...we should stop debating and bothering about little things in life as we already have bigger issues to deal with. How can I even speak about issues like 'being able to safely travel late in the night' when clearly there are people who are dying of starvation.

Burning effegies? I think we are going over-board over there. Except for a single line (which btw can also be interepreted in a diff way) i don't see anything wrong in the video. I do agree about the criticism but some of the stuff is just going overboard unnecessarily. People dragging issues like rape and dowry to point out the loopholes doesn't go down well with me even. Well again, that's just me probably.

Bwahahaha, what irony. This reminded me of the time when people opposing against AIB were reminded continuously how there are bigger issues in India than opposing against AIB πŸ˜† 

---------

Funny how the same people who preached about focusing on the issue are calling out on Sonakshi being the hypocrite than focusing on what she stated. Yet again irony died brutally πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fiery-Phoenix

Bwahahaha, what irony. This reminded me of the time when people opposing against AIB were reminded continuously how there are bigger issues in India than opposing against AIB πŸ˜† 

---------

Funny how the same people who preached about focusing on the issue are calling out on Sonakshi being the hypocrite than focusing on what she stated. Yet again irony died brutally πŸ˜†

LOL. I supported AIB and wrote essays after essays only because I considered it to be important. I  So I don't really know what Irony are you speaking about. If you think I'm being a hypocrite..I really don't care. You are free to assume everything and anything. πŸ‘πŸΌ
MyDarkPassenger thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This is the first time I am agreeing with her..  this is the first thing which I thought about when I saw the video. Women Empowerment is bigger than this...and I am sure women can excel in something better than extra marital affair.

Right now the basic needs are something else!