Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveYourDream thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Being Kunti's eldest would not have made him heir to the throne automatically! I am sure the elders in the clan would have weighed in on it and Bheesma as we all know was not a fan of Karna at all...
And Yudi would definitely not have gone against Bheesma, elder brother or not!
Edited by LiveYourDream - 9 years ago
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Mamatha
I am agreeing with you๐Ÿ˜†. Even if we believe that it was a plot to make sure Yudhi's path to the throne is clear, I don't think he had to die for that.

And I simply don't see another motive for Karna to die.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mamta...as far as my knowledge goes...
Bhishma did admire Karna...but he berrated him, only so that the latter stays away from Duryodhan.
Bhishma insulted Karna before the war, just to prevent him from fighting against his brothers...

But the question remains...if he knew about Karna all along...then y did he not bring out the truth n put him on the throne, instead of all this drama? This makes me question as to whether Karna was actually considered a Pandav or not...
I still feel that he was made to think that so that he gets emotionally weaker while facing his brothers...
Granted that Kanina sons were eligile for throne...provided he was adopted by the King.
When Pandu never knew Karna...never saw him...never adopted...I wonder y he was considered a Pandav!! ๐Ÿ˜•
LiveYourDream thumbnail
A man is known by the company he keeps...
In Karna's case he kept the company of a man who was hell bent on killing the Pandavas by hook or crook.
And maybe Karna did not actively participate in all the attempts to kill them but he did not try to dissuade his "friend" either  so his was complicit in those deeds just by virtue of not doing anything.
So in a war of the evil versus the less evil, the evil had to go
LiveYourDream thumbnail
Amrita, admiring a person and actually considering putting them on the throne are two different issues.
 Bheesma could have appreciated Karna's skill as a warrior etc but he knew very well who Karna was and could have broadcast that knowledge and made him king at any point in time.
He did not do that because in all probablility he did not consider him a Pandava, since being Kunti's son was not the only criteria for being a Pandava, there was the small matter of Pandu acknowledging him to be his son too...
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The opportunity was Karna's wheel sinking, the means was Arjuna, motive I don't know.๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, pandavas had something to gain from Karna's death, their victory. For that Eshana, Brahma & other sages/ascetics were not needed to conspire against Karna.

Had the Ps had something to conspire, why would this conspiracy conversation is through the mouths of Gods? Why not through Pandavas? There was yudhi who celebrated Karna's death when he donated KK. There was Krishna who celebrated Karna's death when Ghato got killed. Everyone knew these. So Ps never needed to do conspiracy & confirm Karna's death even before the war began...  If they celebrated Karna's losses in open, it is not needed to make them conspire through other mouths. 

These gods or those who spoke through the mouths of gods clearly had their own purposes. 

These shameless sages who consumed Karna's donations, exclaimed 'peace to the universe' when Ju aimed Anjalika at Ka. I never know Ka was a threat to the whole universe...๐Ÿ˜†

They clearly had their purposes. The war was just an opportunity for them to kill Karna. After all, the war actually was between two Brahmin gotras.

The enemy of your enemy is certainly your friend. That was why Karna was killed by means of Arjuna. Now who will suspect any other reason for Karna's death? Poor Ju did not know that.๐Ÿ˜†

I know what I'm writing is possibly stupid. But, there must be a reason for the forest dwelling sages devoid of sensual pleasures to conspire against Karna.
Edited by Brahmaputra - 9 years ago
Brahmaputra thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Mamatha

I am agreeing with you๐Ÿ˜†. Even if we believe that it was a plot to make sure Yudhi's path to the throne is clear, I don't think he had to die for that.

And I simply don't see another motive for Karna to die.

Exactly...โญ๏ธ
LiveYourDream thumbnail
I think the whole MB was one big conspiracy๐Ÿ˜†

I mean what was the reason for Draupadi to get married to 5 men? She could not have been happy with Arjun and vice versa?
Maybe the conspiracy here was that if Arjun and Draupadi were married just to each other they would be so content and happy together Arjun would have no motivation to fight and the pandavas needed him to be at his fighting best for them to get anywhere๐Ÿ˜Š

If Abhi was not killed the way he was or just killed at all...maybe Arjun would not be motivated to fight the way he did after that...

And the list can on and on ๐Ÿ˜†
Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Dear all,
It does not matter if Karna was acknowledged as son by pandu. As per manusmriti there are 12 kinds of sons, out which only  first 6 can be heirs, the remaining 6 have right to fathers name but no inheritance rights. 
The six types of sons who can inherit are
Aurasa - biological son
Kshetrsja - born by Niyoga with husbands consent ( Yudhishtir can inherit)
Datrima - (adopted from same caste - donated by a sapinda)
Kritrima -  (adopted from same caste - if found worthy as a heir)
Gudhautpanna - born after marriage due to a secret relationship with another person
Apaviddha- ( adopted from same caste - who has been deserted by his own parents)

Karna was a kanina son, born before marriage in mothers house. So he is a pandava with no inheritance rights

If Kunti had disclosed him to pandu, he would have been accepted as pandava but never as a king

The whole war happened because duryodhan claimed a higher right on the throne on account of him being a an Aurasa or biological kuru of caretaker king versus whereas yudhishtir was a kshetraja kuru son of king who has abdicated
Karna never had a chance as a king.
However he may have caused a lot of bad name to Kunti which could have affected yudhishtir s chance of coronation maybe

Satyawati could acknowledge ved vyas, only after she became queen mother, and he became acclaimed as ved vyasa and in an exceptional circumstance vichitraviryas death.
Similarly Kunti could also acknowledge after she became queen mother (after the war ended) and Karan's death

Edited by Adishakti - 9 years ago
Brahmaputra thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

Mamta...as far as my knowledge goes...
Bhishma did admire Karna...but he berrated him, only so that the latter stays away from Duryodhan.
Bhishma insulted Karna before the war, just to prevent him from fighting against his brothers...

But the question remains...if he knew about Karna all along...then y did he not bring out the truth n put him on the throne, instead of all this drama? This makes me question as to whether Karna was actually considered a Pandav or not...
I still feel that he was made to think that so that he gets emotionally weaker while facing his brothers...
Granted that Kanina sons were eligile for throne...provided he was adopted by the King.
When Pandu never knew Karna...never saw him...never adopted...I wonder y he was considered a Pandav!!
๐Ÿ˜•

Anything was possible for Kunti who made the whole country believe that she had children from god, when whole Kuru clan knew the actual truth but were unable to move even the little finger against her. There are instances when Dury points out this fake god father theory of Kunti. So whether Pandu knew it or accepted it never mattered.