Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
A well written and sensible response from Mrs. Kumar!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Its an irony that Twinkle wrote such a classy blog to support something as crassy as AIB...
I love this woman although I don't agree with her over here for the most part.
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
It's the first time I've read her pieces, she's really articulate
Well written, I agree with what she said

Edited by rosetreasures - 9 years ago
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well said and sensible write up..

this is what we expect from bigger stars like amir...had he been said like this, I would have respect him more..
slumgod.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Whenever you  have to justify one wrongdoing, compare it with another one of higher degree and ask people to go after the higher degree of offense and ignore the lesser offense..  That's what I concluded from Twinkle's long rant.
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
She's talking about prioritizing in a nation that is filled with so many serious problems and issues beyond a crass show.

Yes she is also mocking this whole thing by joining the bandwagon and listing all the things that offend her.  At least she's not wasting the tax payers money by filing an FIR for each one.  

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ShylockHolmes

In my heart my city will always be Bombay because that is what I have known it as, and it does not antagonize me that a political party decided that it needs to be changed to Mumbai because according to them it was a legacy of the British rule, but a few weeks ago even the word Bombay was bleeped from poor Mihir Joshi's song and I have not been able to wrap my head around that.

In the last few months, we have been offended by Obama's chewing gum, Modi's suit, Kiran Bedi for various reasons and, of course, by the infamous roast.

If I had to be offended by a live show I would rather be offended by Arnab who invites people on his show and then doesn't let them speak. I saw an episode where he is asking the education minister a question and then screaming over her answers.

We now also have an assortment of people up in arms about the gags made on a person's sexuality but shouldn't we be more offended by the fact that homosexuality is considered illegal in India and that Section 377 still exists?

The jokes about dark skin offend us because deep down, some of us idiotically think that having dark skin is a shortcoming. Would we be as offended if jokes were made about having fair skin like, You are so fair that you were thrown out of the Nirma washing powder commercial for being whiter than the washed shirt.'?http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/mrsfunnybones/why-some-of-us-choose-to-face-the-cave-wall/

These few bits up here are gold. Especially the bold.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
People are forgetting again...that this roast was in India...and was out on the Youtube for an Indian audience...and it will take another 1000 years or may be never...to use extra white skin as an insult in India...like seriously Twinkle NO...anything to do with being fair skinned will not be an insult...especially when being dark is considered UGLY in India...yes try using white trash in the west...that is offensive..
and again the same shit ...that people should care about the bigger problems...yess people do care about the bigger problems...it is rather annoying and insulting to be thought of as someone who will pay more attention to the AIB shit than the rape problem in India...We are not being asked to make a choice between the two...We can think about two problems at the same time...so please cut the crap.

Originally posted by: blue-ice

.(.and it will take another 1000 years or may be never...to use extra white skin as an insult in India...

So your admitting now India is behind the times 😆😆😆

Your words not mine 😉😉
QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The jokes about dark skin offend us because deep down, some of us idiotically think that having dark skin is a shortcoming. Would we be as offended if jokes were made about having fair skin like, You are so fair that you were thrown out of the Nirma washing powder commercial for being whiter than the washed shirt.'?

Disagree with her point above. Sometimes when I make comments like she looks like a ghost and needs a tan..I get a bit critical about my statement because am saying it's not okay to be too fair. So yes if jokes were made about fair people I would still find it offensive. 

Twinkle here is very wrong for what she said. She's basically saying of you find jokes about dark people offensive that means you yourself don't accept dark skin? W*F?