Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Franco

So your admitting now India is behind the times 😆😆😆

Your words not mine 😉😉

I won't say behind times...not when USA had its first minority President in the last elections and is still struggling to have a woman President...I am talking from the perspective of the psyche of the Indians...The West suffers from its own...doesn't make them behind times ...does it??😉😉
QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice

People are forgetting again...that this roast was in India...and was out on the Youtube for an Indian audience...and it will take another 1000 years or may be never...to use extra white skin as an insult in India...like seriously Twinkle NO...anything to do with being fair skinned will not be an insult...especially when being dark is considered UGLY in India...yes try using white trash in the west...that is offensive..

and again the same shit ...that people should care about the bigger problems...yess people do care about the bigger problems...it is rather annoying and insulting to be thought of as someone who will pay more attention to the AIB shit than the rape problem in India...We are not being asked to make a choice between the two...We can think about two problems at the same time...so please cut the crap.

Lol says the person who wrote a long essay about AIB. ðŸ˜† Why is she given it attention than over bigger issues? Practice what you preach Twinkle. 

I agree some of her statements are insulting. I find what Amir said more sensible than her take on AIB.
Edited by QueenExpression - 9 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: QueenExpression

Lol says the person who wrote a long essay about AIB. ðŸ˜† Why is she given it attention than over bigger issues? Practice what you preach Twinkle. 

I agree some of her statements are insulting. I find what Amir said more sensible than her take on AIB.

chk her other blogs where she has talked abt those 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
No Twinkle's real name  isn't Tina, that's what her friends & family call her. Her real name is Twinkle.

Maybe she just loved stars a lot as a kid. ðŸ˜†
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Poor KJo finally has his close friend supporting him 🥳 baaki saare dost dost na rahe 💔
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
There are two kinds of "dark skin" jokes. One kind is malicious, designed to make dark people feel less. The second kind is harmless, it is a cultural joke on unfair prejudices people harbor. 

To me the "dark skin" jokes in AIB roast were in the same light as "Fat Amy" jokes in Pitch Perfect. The joke is not on dark people, but on how Indian society perceives dark people. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

There are two kinds of "dark skin" jokes. One kind is malicious, designed to make dark people feel less. The second kind is harmless, it is a cultural joke on unfair prejudices people harbor. 

To me the "dark skin" jokes in AIB roast were in the same light as "Fat Amy" jokes in Pitch Perfect. The joke is not on dark people, but on how Indian society perceives dark people. 

Thank you for calling a spade a spade. That's exactly how I feel.

There were a lot of vulgar, below the belt and cross the line jokes. But they were JOKES. You laugh, you forget about it and you move on. I also believe that the majority of the jokes were made on KJo, Ranveer and Arjun--only a handful on other people that weren't there. I don't for a second believe the intent was to bully people or pick on them. But I like how Ricky Gervais replied to his GG hosting controvery--he said they were all rich, well to do people--he wasn't making fun of the poor or soldiers...he was calling it as he sees it and they shouldn't feel bad about it.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Best defense I've read from all of them. I like that she didn't tell people to "shut up" but instead shifted the conversation on things people should get more riled up on. This was pure comedy and the backlash has been too exaggerated. People need to learn to take a laugh and realize what the intent of the comedians were.