Jensen Ackles AT #4 Eye Of The Tiger

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

~
~Jensen Ackles~~
AT # 4

Jensen Ackles plays the character of Dean Winchester on Supernatural. He has appeared in all episodes.

Full name: Jensen Ross Ackles
Born: March 1st, 1978 in Dallas, Texas
Parents: Roger Alan Ackles (actor), Donna Joan Shaffer
Siblings: Joshua (older brother), Mackenzie (younger sister)
Spouse: Danneel Ackles (nee Harris)
Children: Justice Jay "JJ" Ackles

His parents named him Jensen because they considered other names too common. Jensen attended Dartmouth Elementary School until 1990, Apollo Junior High School until 1993 and graduated from Lloyd V. Berkner High School in his hometown Richardson, Texas in 1996. Jensen planned to study sports medicine to become a physical therapist but ended up giving acting a shot.

Jensen's dad Alan played his character's father in Devour. He became widely referred to in fandom as Papa Ackles, a name Jared Padalecki reportedly called him faninohio on TWOP during his attendance at A Few Good Men in 2007.

On May 15, 2010 Jensen married actress Danneel Harris. They met around the time they were both involved in the short film The Plight Of Clownana, and started dating around the time of filming Ten Inch Hero. They have one daughter, Justice Jay "JJ" Ackles, born on May 30, 2013.

Career

Jensen landed a recurring role on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives as Eric Brady, for which he won a 1998 Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Male Newcomer. He was nominated for the Daytime Emmys in the next 3 years until he left Days in 2000.

In 2001, he made his first appearance on the Fox science fiction show Dark Angel in the episode "Pollo Loco" (1.17), in which he played Max's (Jessica Alba) "brother" Ben/X5-493. His acting was so well received by both audiences and producers that he returned in season 2 of Dark Angel as the regular character Alec/X5-494, Ben's clone. As Alec, Jensen stayed on the show until its demise in 2002.

In 2003, The WB took Jensen under contract and put him on the last season of their teen drama hit Dawson's Creek in the role of C.J., Jen's (Michelle Williams) boyfriend. After Dawson's Creek ended Jensen then relocated to Vancouver to become a regular on The WB's Smallville, where he stayed for another year in the role of Jason Teague, Lana Lang's (Kristin Kreuk) boyfriend.

In 2005, after initially auditioning for the role of Sam, Jensen was cast as Dean Winchester in Supernatural.

In the break between filming season one and two of Supernatural, Jensen filmed the independent movie Ten Inch Hero. During the hiatus between season two and three of Supernatural, Jensen appeared as Lt. Kaffee in Aaron Sorkin's play A Few Good Men alongside Lou Diamond Phillips at the Casa Maana Theatre, in Fort Worth, Texas from June 5 to 10, 2007.

Jensen has also modeled in fashion shoots for Men's Fitness (October 2006) and Hollywood Life (June 2007)
On April 7, 2008 it was announced Jensen was in final negotiations to play the lead character, Tom Hanninger in a 3D remake of the 1981 horror film, My Bloody Valentine. 
He shot the movie in the summer hiatus between seasons three and four of Supernatural, and it was released on January 16, 2009.
Jensen has done voice work on the animated film Batman: Under The Red Hood and the Supernatural: The Animation, as well as for the video games Tron: Evolution and The 3rd Birthday.

Jensen Directing

Jensen directing 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's.
In the first season of the show, Kim Manners said to me, You're gonna direct one of these...' I said, Oh, OK, Kim. Yeah, sure.' He said, You will. And when you do that, I'll be right there.'

In July 2010 Jensen directed his first episode of Supernatural: 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's.

Jensen mentions Kim Manners and Bob Singer as mentors for his directing

Jensen directed 7.03 The Girl Next Door in season seven, which he announced at Asylum 6 2011. As happened in season six, the episode was the first one shot for the season, to allow Jensen time to prepare, but the second one to air. Pre-production started on June 26th and shooting began on July 6th.

In June 2011 Jared teased on twitter that he had the first two scripts for season seven and asked who wanted him to fax them a copy. @CariAnn923 was the first to respond, and Jared did fax her the front page of the script to be shot by Jensen. Portion of the script Jared faxed to @CariAnn923.
On the Season 7 DVD and Blu-Ray, Jensen features in the special feature: "Directing Supernatural: Seven directors talk about their work on Supernatural".

Jensen directed 8.03 Heartache, written by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin, in season eight. It was the first episode of the season filmed, but the third to air.

Jensen directed 10.03 Soul Survivor in season ten. As in previous years, it was the first episode of the season to be filmed, but the third to air.

Jensen Singing

With Steve Carlson -
Jensen sang harmonies on "Come around more Alabama" (Spot in the Corner), as well as backing vocals on "Hummingbird Billy", "Rocking Chair" and "Wasted Jamie" (Rollin' On). Jason Manns supported Jensen's backing vocals on "Rollin' On".

Jensen helped co-write two songs on Steve's April 2008 record, "Stripped Down", namely "Where my River flows" and "Love you or leave you".
Jensen and Steve did a jam session at Salute to Supernatural Nashville 2011. Part of the proceeds went to support victims of the recent tornadoes

With Jason Manns-
Jason performed at Salute to Supernatural Convention in L.A. in March 2008, where he released a single of him and Jensen singing "Crazy Love", which you can listen to at his MySpace page.

Jensen singing "The Weight" with Jason Manns at Jus In Bello Italy 2010
At the Salute to Supernatural L.A. 2011, Jensen and Jason gave a private jam session for around forty fans. Tickets, through silent auction, were around $1500.

Solo-
At the Salute to Supernatural Toronto 2014, Jensen came out after the end of the convention and played guitar and sang two songs. 
On Supernatural-

Dean sings "I Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon in 2.05 Simon Said
Dean and Sam sing "Silent Night" in 3.08 A Very Supernatural Christmas
Dean and Sam sing "Wanted Dead or Alive" in 3.16 No Rest for the Wicked
Miming to "Eye Of The Tiger". It aired after 4.06 Yellow Fever.

Alan Ackles, Jensen's father, voiced the newscaster in 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's, directed by Jensen. Jensen said the casting was easy:
"I saw Newscaster' in the script, and I knew, Well, that's easy. My dad can phone that in.' And he literally did. He phoned it in from the studio in his house in Texas, sitting in his bathrobe, sipping his coffee."
In 8.03 Heartache, the second episode directed by Jensen, Alan appeared as Detective Pike. Jensen's mother Donna Ackles also appeared as an extra in the same episode pic here.
Jensen's sister Mackenzie has appeared in 2 episodes, 2.03 Bloodlust and 7.06 Slash Fiction.
Danneel's brother Gino Graul and her niece Valerie appeared as demons in 10.03 Soul Survivor. 

In the episode 6.15 The French Mistake, Sam and Dean find themselves in an alternate reality on the set of Supernatural, mistaken for Jensen and Jared. Jensen is shown to have a luxurious trailer on the set of the show that contains an toy helicopter and large aquarium. Apparently, he is not close with Jared Padalecki and likes to tease Genevieve Padalecki by calling her Ruby. 

Complete Filmography

Supernatural: The Animation (TV series, episodes "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 1" & "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2," 2011) ... Dean Winchester (voice)
The 3rd Birthday (video game, 2010) Kyle Madigan (voice)
Tron: Evolution (video game, 2010) Gibson (voice)
Batman: Under the Red Hood (film, 2010) Jason Todd / Red Hood (voice)
My Bloody Valentine 3D (film, 2009) ...Tom Hanniger
Ten Inch Hero (film, 2007) ... Priestly
Supernatural (TV series, 2005-present) ... Dean Winchester
Devour (film, 2005) ... Jake Gray
Smallville (TV series, 2004-2005) ... Jason Teague
The Plight of Clownana (short film, 2004) ... Jensen
Still Life (unaired TV series, 2004) ... Max
Dawson's Creek (TV series, 2003-2004) ... C.J.
Dark Angel (2001-2002) ... Ben/X5-493 / Alec/X5-4943
Blonde (TV movie, 2001) ... Eddie G
Days of Our Lives (TV series, 1997-2000) ... Eric Roman Brady #6
Cybill (TV series, episode "The Wedding," 1997) ... David
Sweet Valley High (TV series, in episode "All Along the Water Tower," 1996) ... Brad
Wishbone (TV series, in episode "Viva Wishbone!", 1996) ... Michael
Mr. Rhodes (TV series, 1996) ... Malcolm

But you can not simply write Jensen Ackles with information & words...he's much more than that . An extremely kind, sweet, fun loving, intelligent & witty human being..a perfect son, husband, father , friend & brother to not only his own siblings but his 10 year long co-star Jared Padalecki who considers Jensen his elder brother, guide & mentor . Favorite to all his fellow cast & crew members...he is extremely popular worldwide & has millions of fanclubs/fansites & fanblogs dedicated to him on all social sites . Stars are literally no limit for this very beautiful, jewel eyed actor . 
Keep blooming...keep smiling Jensen ! We are in love with your smile !

Banner:stephanie
writeup:wiki
and
vasusenaradheya

Edited by Almas. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Almas. thumbnail

Jensen Ackles won his first ever recognition in the form of Soap opera Digest award for Best Male New comer in the year 1998 for his role ERIC Brady in the daytime soap opera "Days of our lives" winning his first ever award in the first ever awards he got nominated..

His acceptance Speech

Winning moment 

Video Link 

After a string of reputed nominations, in the year 2008 , he won EWwy Award "Best Actor in a Drama Series" for his role of 'Dean Winchester' in the Cult show " Supernatural"  .
EWwy awards were constituted by the magazine Entertainment weekly for those talented artists who were not included in Prime-time Emmy Awards.

Again In 2010, Jensen took home yet another EWwy Award "Best Actor in a Drama Series"For his role "Dean Winchester" in the cult show "Supernatural"

Once again Dean Winchester proved to be a lucky and strong role where In 2011, Jensen was nominated and awarded by TV guide Magazine for their TV Guide " Favorite Actor"
 for the role of "Dean Winchester" in the Cult Show 'Supernatural'

Video Links

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JNVgpX4qBuc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xZDX1sdVx_c[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5N7DOz7274w[/YOUTUBE]

-x-x-x-x-x-x-xxx------------xxx-----------xxx-------------x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x----------x-x-x-x-

Jensen Ackles has been Nominated for many Awards as below

Daytime Emmy Awards

Three Consecutive years from 1998-2000, He was nominated for the prestigious Daytime Emmy Award in the category "Outstanding Young in a Drama Series" for his portrayal of Eric Brady in the Hit soap Opera "Days of our Lives"

Teen Choice Awards

In 2006, He was nominated for TCA in the category TV - Choice Breakout Star for the show "Supernatural"

and

In 2012 and 2013 TCA he was nominated for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi for his role of "Dean Winchester" in the Cult show " supernatural"

SFX Awards, UK

Jensen was Nominated by the SFX Magazine UK  for the Category "Best TV Actor" for his essaying of "Dean Winchester" in "Supernatural " in 2007

He was again  nominated by the SFX magazine in 2013 , this time he  Finished 3rd.

People's Choice Awards, USA

He got nominated in 2013 for the category "Favorite Dramatic TV Actor" for his role of Dean Winchester

Constellation Award, Canada

Jensen Got the most nominations..5 in total in The Constellation Awards in these following years 

• 2006- Best Male Performance in a 2006 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S02EP01 "In My Time of Dying" 
  • 2008- Best Male Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S02EP20 "What Is and what Should Never Be"
  • 2009- Best Male Performance in a 2008 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S04EP03 "In the Beginning"
  • 2010 - Best Male Performance in a 2009 Science Fiction Television Episode for SPN S05EP04  "The End"
  • 2013 -Best Male Performance in a 2012 Science Fiction Television Episode for  SPN S08EP01 "We Need To Talk About Kevin"

May He get Nominated and Win More Awards ! ðŸ˜ƒ

Almas. thumbnail

I welcome All Jensen Ackles Fans ðŸ¤—

-Crazysobtian (Mally)
Almas. (Almas/Al)
Bamonforever (Gargi/Moni)
kit-kat (Ekta/Eku) 
FireLordPhoenix
Flutterby (Flutu)
-Sapna- (Sapna)
-Vasusenaradheya (Maitreyi/Mishti)
-Craziest_MG
-Ephemera (Lakshmi/L)
-yashimalhotra
-shwetha
-jyotimeena
-TanniSDaya

deeptiya
Andromeda001

..DRoadSoFar.

Please like this Post or send me a PM so that i can Add you to the Member List

Edited by Almas. - 8 years ago
Almas. thumbnail

Almas. thumbnail

This AT is Dedicated to ONLY Jensen Ackles, and is like a second home to many, so please Respect That fact

Do not make derogatory remarks on JA's professional/personal Life...and Discuss about only those pics/info of his personal Life which Has been Officially shared.

No abusive language, we all are Civilized..lets behave so..

Respect Point of Views other than yours. It's a free world and hence all are entitled to have their opinions, If you don't agree with someone then agree to disagree, 

Sarcasm and hypocrisy  and bashing will not be tolerated.

This place is like a common Adda for all those who love JA..hence open talk and in-detail discussion is encouraged and welcomed..feel free to indulge yourself in Topics related to JA...in that way we get to learn new things and our bond will be much more stronger..

Don't Quote the posts more than twice..it will make the AT messy and may not be able to keep track of the conversation..

This is JENSEN ACKLES' s AT so if you are not a fan or have only Negative views of him, then don't bother joining just to make fun or wank him. 

Even though we are here in I-F still we are counted one among the #SPNfamily at large 
(even if you don't watch that show) and hence please Respect #SPNcast/Crew/fellow family members..

Bringing the wanking and internal  Fights between different Fangroups of FB/Twitter ...here is strictly Prohibited

Almas. thumbnail
Dean Winchester's Hilarious
QUOTES

Dean: I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot.

I mean you and me, we are like the poster boys of the unnatural order.  All we do is ditch death.

Dean : You fudging touch me again, I'll fudging kill you!

Dean: Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey

Dean to scarecrow  : you r fugly

Sam: Dean, there's ten times as much lore about angels as there is about anything else we've ever hunted. 
Dean: You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass!

Henricksen: You think you're funny? 
Dean: I think I'm adorable

Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is, why do these people assume we're gay?

D: I will tell you one thing. There is no way I am kissing a damned frog!
S: Do you remember Cinderella. The pumpkin that turns into a coach & the mice that become horses

D: Dude could you be more gay?

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap

Who do you think is a hotter psychic: Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt or you?
You better take care of that car or I swear I'll haunt your ass!

Next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that's not so buckets-of-crazy, huh?

I think I'll pass on the seventy two virgins, thanks. I'm not that into prude chicks anyway.

MySpace, what the hell is that? Seriously, is that like, some sort of po*n site?

I think I learned a valuable lesson: Always take down your Christmas decorations after New Year's, or you might get filleted by a hooker from God

Dude, you full-on had a girl inside you for like a whole week. That's pretty naughty

You know, maybe the spirits are trying to shut down the movie because they think it sucks. Because, I mean, it kinda does

Dean : I'm gonna need a bigger mouth

"see if they'v got some pie! bring me some pie"

Cas : I was being a bad cop
Dean : You were being a bad EVERYTHING !!!!!

Dean : Do i say Awesome too much??
Sam : Nope
Dean : (bit later) Awesome🤣

Sam: So the character in the
show, Bobby Singer
Dean: What kind of a douche-
bag names a character after
himself?

Dean: Word of the wise - don't piss off the nerd angels

Dean: I mean, come on Sam! What are we doing?
Sam: We're hunting a ghost...
Dean: A ghost! Exactly! Who does that?
Sam: Us...
Dean: Us, right! And that Sam, that is exactly why our lives suck! I mean come on, we hunt monsters! What the hell?! I mean normal people, they see a monster and they run, but not us! No, no no we search out things that want to kill us! Huh? Or EAT us! You know who does that? CRAZY PEOPLE! We are INSANE!

Dean(to Bella): Don't objectify me!

Sam: Kids are the best?
Dean: Yeah, I love kids.
Sam: Name three children that you even know.
*Dean thinks hard and Sam turns around to walk away*
Dean: I'm thinking!

I'm kind of the black sheep of the family. Handsome though.

Doc: When was the last time you were in long term relationship?
 Dean: Define 'long term'.
Doc. Cartwright: More than two months.
 Dean: Never.

Almas. thumbnail

SOME AWESOME VIDEOS

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HF9WeIJUd-w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Z9uPwkV8g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqU0eAc2OIw[/YOUTUBE]
Almas. thumbnail

]] Credits [[

Banners - original makers
ContentEphemera
Videos : YT uploaders
Permission - Ahanaa