Pritam to host India's Got Talent

Posted: 9 years ago

Took me 14 years to reach here'

DC | Neha Jha | February 09, 2015, 23.02 pm IST
Bigg Boss Season 8 finalist Pritam Singh

Bigg Boss 8 finalist Pritam Singh managed to stay in the house until the last day, but couldn't grab the trophy. He instead took home Rs 25 lakh and says that the journey meant a lot to him since it took him over 14 years to get the recognition he had always dreamt of. In Hyderabad for the auditions of India's Got Talent, dressed as a clichd Hyderabadi with white cap and colourful outfit, Pritam talks about his journey...

"The Bigg Boss journey felt like going back to school. We are always busy with our lives and hardly take out time for ourselves. Bigg Boss is a place where you get to explore yourself " the strengths, weakness and how to overcome them," says the 35-year-old radio jockey.

Talking about his 14-year struggle he says, "I've seen a lot of ups and downs in my life. On March 5, 1999, I had come to Mumbai with a dream of becoming an actor. I struggled for the next eight years, knocked on the doors of producers and directors, but nothing great was coming my way. I bagged movies like Escape From Taliban, Tamil movie, Vanjinathan, starring Vijaykanth and Ramya, and Mani Shankar's Mukhbir. I continued to get small roles but these movies didn't work and my career was going nowhere. I then decided to give up and returned to Nagpur to help my dad with his restaurant."

He continues, "After I returned, people started commenting on how I'd gone to become an actor and returned with nothing great. That's when radio happened and it gave me the required confidence to not give up. After that I shifted to Mumbai and continued working as a radio jockey. By then the actor in me was long lost. And then Bigg Boss happened after years, and I got the recognition that I had dreamt of."

But often, the recognition from a Bigg Boss stint is short-lived. "Before the BB journey started, I was just recognised by my voice. Bigg Boss gave me the recognition that I had been waiting for the last 14 years. Even if it is short lived, I'll go back to radio and will always be recognised by my voice."

This season of Bigg Boss will also be remembered for the relationship that Karishma Tanna and Upen Patel shared. We ask Pritam if it was just for the cameras. "It looked genuine inside the house. In fact, the other day I called them for a party, they both agreed and later excused themselves. Karishma said she had a family get together. She now considers Upen as her family and that speaks a lot about the relationship," he says.

As Pritam gets ready for his next stint, with India's Got Talent as a host, he hopes that it will boost his career. "IGT will help me enhance my career. People have seen me at the house and they know what I am capable of. The show is a game changer for everybody; why not make the best use of it?"

That's awesome!! so happy for him! 

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 9 years ago
great news. He will rock as host.
Cnt wait to watch IGT...im sure he will be a great host!
So happy for him...
I'm sure he'll rock as a host with his likeable personality, deep voice and great sense of humour.

Pritam with co-host Nakul during IGT shoot...

Wow...this is amazing news. I am sure all his fans are happy and delighted. I am happy too
I wish to see real success for these people instead of doing gulatis on twitter.

Hope to hear same from Dimpy, Ali. Aarya and others
TFS dear...

n yes hippo I agree I want to c all of them like praneet Ali Sonali to get something good for career n happiness for their life
I read that Praneet might be participating in the upcoming season of Nach Baliye with girlfriend Kanchan.
Ali's album in collaboration with Sunny Leone and her husband Daniel will be releaed in a couple of months..

Aarya Babbar's book titled "My Fiancee, Me & #I Fu**ed up" was released with much fanfare last week and his ex-BiggBoss friends Pritam, Praneet, Upen, Karishma, Sushant, Ali, Soni, Sana, Ajaz and Nigaar attended the book launch to cheer for him.

Karishma's movie with Sunny Leone which she had shot for before entering BB is scheduled for release in March/April..

As far as Aarya is concerned, he is currently busy with his upcoming book release ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  and touchwood he is getting all the appreciation!๐Ÿ‘ And it's great to know that Pritam is hosting the upcoming season of IGT!! Can't wait to hear something about Praneet๐Ÿ‘
I guess a majority of this season's BB contestant are having work on their hands as they stepped out of the house, be it before or after Bigg Boss, that is gona get release or an offer or what..
be it Sushant, Aarya, Ali, Karishma, Praneet, Sonali, Gautam, Pritam, Sambhavna(check her twitter she's shooting), Upen