Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: NKSUDHIR

Say what more you know about Ash. After  all, the fans talk about is ONE SIDE of their favourites. They don't know the dark side of their favourite. You think this is not hypocritical?? Its KO's  precious time he wants to use for his FAVOURITE. We are talking about Mona not declaring her relationship because she wants to take her time. I don't care why KO goes after her and how much he likes her. I don't even care how far Abhi and Ash her gone in their relationship. All I know is this woman is dumping one man over other for few years. Well it is entirely upto her how many men she wants to dump before her REAL RELATIONSHIP. But when you are a Celebrity, public do notice everything and make even a bigger deal about small things.

Neelam di,do you personally know Ash,that you know everything about her so called "dark side"....😕..When one doesnt know the entire picture,one shouldnt be talking based on hearsay news and based on what the yellow journalists carry

and you say that its perfectly fine for Mona to take her time,for her to decide,and till then to refute rumours...so why cant ash do the same...why are you saying that she "dumped" men😕...Heck,when i say Mona dumped Karan for bollywood,and then got back,you take umbrage...So cut Ash the same slack too....So,why is her "dumping" act condemned,but Mona's act glorified...ISnt Ash entitled to contemplate as to whether a man would be an apt life partner for her or not...If Mona can,why cant Ash😕.....

ABout the "dumping" act,Neelam di,you being so mature should be knowing that many a times our decisions happen to be totslly wrong..So what do we do then....Just go ahead with our incorrect decision,only because we made it and everyone knows about it,and thus one shouldnt change it....or redeem the mistake ad move on in life..I guess any sane person would opt for the latter....you know,with such regressive thoughts,that a woman just CANNOT break up,no matter even if the man is an abuser,we're going back to the 19th centuary,when a woman had absolutely no clout

YEs,when one is a celebrity,things do get noticed,and we as an audience are fully entitled to speak about how a celebrity comes across in the public..for that matter,I have no problem when people find ash's giggling annoying/accent fake /dressing sense bad/weight incorrect/acting bad etc..but talking about why a woman dumped someone is just too indecent!..If its any interview,wherein ash had said anything inappropriate,discuss it to your heart's content..But calumniating based on mere speculations is wrong..Just connotes how prejudiced and biased a person is!

veekay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Buffie, do you read your own post? Kindly do so as a third person! You are calling other ppl on this forum-biased,but sorry,I think you yourself are biased-always comparing Mona with Ash!liking one person for the same reason for hating the other! I dont think anyone on this forum knows Ash or Mona personally. Both of them might have their own reasons for behaving as they do.they both are different persons & absolutely entitled to their own views!       
NKSUDHIR thumbnail

Originally posted by: Buffie

Neelam di,do you personally know Ash,that you know everything about her so called "dark side"....😕..When one doesnt know the entire picture,one shouldnt be talking based on hearsay news and based on what the yellow journalists carry

and you say that its perfectly fine for Mona to take her time,for her to decide,and till then to refute rumours...so why cant ash do the same...why are you saying that she "dumped" men😕...Heck,when i say Mona dumped Karan for bollywood,and then got back,you take umbrage...So cut Ash the same slack too....So,why is her "dumping" act condemned,but Mona's act glorified...ISnt Ash entitled to contemplate as to whether a man would be an apt life partner for her or not...If Mona can,why cant Ash😕.....

ABout the "dumping" act,Neelam di,you being so mature should be knowing that many a times our decisions happen to be totslly wrong..So what do we do then....Just go ahead with our incorrect decision,only because we made it and everyone knows about it,and thus one shouldnt change it....or redeem the mistake ad move on in life..I guess any sane person would opt for the latter....you know,with such regressive thoughts,that a woman just CANNOT break up,no matter even if the man is an abuser,we're going back to the 19th centuary,when a woman had absolutely no clout

YEs,when one is a celebrity,things do get noticed,and we as an audience are fully entitled to speak about how a celebrity comes across in the public..for that matter,I have no problem when people find ash's giggling annoying/accent fake /dressing sense bad/weight incorrect/acting bad etc..but talking about why a woman dumped someone is just too indecent!..If its any interview,wherein ash had said anything inappropriate,discuss it to your heart's content..But calumniating based on mere speculations is wrong..Just connotes how prejudiced and biased a person is!

Every one has every right to take their time to chose a life partner but Buffie, why are you taking it so personally. They are celebrities, even their fans talk about them. I didn't started comparing them to begin with. I care less how many men Ash or Mona are friends with before they make their decision. This is not 20th century that parents finalize the arranged marriage and kids just accept it. Its totally different in these days. Even in olden days, people used to rush into things and if its a mistake, couples pay back by separation or divorces. These days kids are more mature to make their own decision. But when its celebrities, every little detail goes around so fast and spread like a wild fire. People talked about Amitabh/Rekha, Dharmendra/Hema and so many others.

Whether its Mona or Ash or Abhi, they  make decisions at their convenience and for their own good regardless of the fact how their fans gonna react to it. So why take it personally?

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: veekay

Buffie, do you read your own post? Kindly do so as a third person! You are calling other ppl on this forum-biased,but sorry,I think you yourself are biased-always comparing Mona with Ash!liking one person for the same reason for hating the other! I dont think anyone on this forum knows Ash or Mona personally. Both of them might have their own reasons for behaving as they do.they both are different persons & absolutely entitled to their own views!       

yes,I feel people on this forum are biased..not from now,but from a long time..there was once an article about Mona,were she had badmouthed her own show,contradicted herself,and what not..people defended that contradictions also....Mona in her previous articles had said that she is just like jassi,then she said that she is not at all like jassi....Such a blatent contradiction,and people werent even ready to accept that it was a contradiction....Its not a question of whether the contradiction was right or wrong,it was a contradiction,people refused to even accept that it was a contradiction.....People used to berate Shilpa,and for the same reason,glorify Mona....

You say "liking one for the same reason as hating the other"...elucidate please,because I would really like to know,....I dont find any traits common in Ash and Mona,that I like the former for that trait,and hate the latter for the same trait😕...I like Ash for her humility,her interviews,wherein she NEVER brags about anything/contradicts herself/badmouths her movies/cribs about her 24-7 job/endlessly talks about the SAME issue like a broken record(like how some ppl talk about their weight loss)/goes around denying rumours when the feelers are just too strong that she might in actuality be dating ...Yeah,which of these traits are common among Ash and Mona....😛

I agree,everyone have different outlooks,but blaming one person for something,and condoning another person's SAME act called being bias...Umm,Comparing Ash and Mona....No,I didnt compare the two actresses per se,but people's outlook towards their favourites and their non favourites...Neelam di on one hand says that Ash dumps men,and then says that Mona has all the right to decide and think before going public...Now,shouldnt Ash or for that matter any other celebrity too be given the same treatment.....I take Ash's name specifically because she is the one who is constantly targetted,now if it is anyother Tom Dick or Harry,I would be saying the same..Neelam di then talks about Ash's "dark" personality..Now none of us know these people personally,we only have access to their interviews/public appearances etc...So isnt judging a person,based on mere assumption wrong??....Mona fans would never even agree that she contradicted herself,whereas they would easily call their non-favourites names,over mere speculation.....I know I'm not all that big a mona fan,But I can say that I've never accused her for her personal decisions(like dating or not dating KO),or acused her for reasons I defend others for....I know this was long🤢,and I really suck at economising with words🤢..Thanks for your time

insouciance thumbnail

Every one has every right to take their time to chose a life partner but Buffie, why are you taking it so personally. Neelam di,its not about Ash,the star or Mona the star...Its got nothing to do with these people whom we know by the name of Aishwarya and Mona..Its all about our thoughts,personal actions...As I said,had it been Rani who is targetted,I would have defended her too,albeit I'm not a rani fan at all....Its just about people's thoughts,which is appalling....People talk about woman emancipation,women rights etc,and then accuse a woman for ending her relationship with men and for evading questions about her personal life,and defend the favourites for the SAME reason😕.....That is what is so amusing as well as disturbing...Ash is accused for stonewalling personal questions,but when other celebrities do so,their act is accepted without raising an eyebrow😕.They are celebrities, even their fans talk about them. I didn't started comparing them to begin with....Even I didnt compare the two,I just compared people's attitude towards their favourites and non-favourites...I like Ash,but I did agree on the fact that her accent keeps changing,as she didntsound the way she did on Oprah on KWK....Being an Ash fan,I wouldnt refute that she at times puts on an accent,which is a fact....Her answers arent as good as Sushmita's or Lara's,thus I do agree that one cant call her the "smartest" person to represent india,but whatever she is doing,she is doing quite well....again saying,I dont have any business to talk about people's personal opinions on as to how they perceive the giggling/accent/interviews etc...But when people set to contradict me personal opinions,its then that i reply....I care less how many men Ash or Mona are friends with before they make their decision. This is not 20th century that parents finalize the arranged marriage and kids just accept it. Its totally different in these days. ..Yes,so why speak about the "breaking up two times" in a derogatory sense...I know people who annually break up,but they dont garner one millionth the flak ash does....Di,it was you who said that ash dumps men,that's why I replied,because i just dont understand how the "breaking up with two men" could make a person diabolic..Had people said the same about say Rani too,I would have replied the same way...peirty has broken up with so many men,why arent her break ups sensationalized and why isnt she hated for dumping men.....Even in olden days, people used to rush into things and if its a mistake, couples pay back by separation or divorces. These days kids are more mature to make their own decision. But when its celebrities, every little detail goes around so fast and spread like a wild fire. People talked about Amitabh/Rekha, Dharmendra/Hema and so many others.

Yes,talking about celebrities is fine....But talking based on mere speculations is wrong....Now hypothetically lets say there is an article tomorrow..saying that X is divorcing Y for X.Now this is a mere speculation,and if people call X names,just based on this rumour,then that is wrong

Whether its Mona or Ash or Abhi, they  make decisions at their convenience and for their own good regardless of the fact how their fans gonna react to it. So why take it personally?

No neelam di,I didnt take it personally...Just the thoughts,because,somewhere I fear that what if I have to face the same thing tomorrow..I'm no celebrity,bu I just think about how it'd be,if I am hated by the people who dont even know me,for false reasons...Its that which is so disturbing,as I just couldnt care less about celebrities as such..Ash just doesnt appear in my scheme of things,nor am I a great fan of that lady's acting prowess(but provided she gets a good director,she can perform),nor do I care about what she does in her private life...Its just a thought that one is defending here,personal thoughts about something which one feels is unfair

ps...!(replace X,Y and Z with AA,SS and MS..you'll know what I'm meaning😉😆)

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Every one has every right to take their time to chose a life partner but Buffie, why are you taking it so personally. Neelam di,its not about Ash,the star or Mona the star...Its got nothing to do with these people whom we know by the name of Aishwarya and Mona..Its all about our thoughts,personal actions...As I said,had it been Rani who is targetted,I would have defended her too,albeit I'm not a rani fan at all....Its just about people's thoughts,which is apalling....People talk about woman emancipation,women rights etc,and then accuse a woman for ending her relationship with men and for evading questions about her personal life,and defend the favourites for the SAME reason😕.....That is what is so amusing as well as disturbing...Ash is accused for stonewalling personla questions,but when other celebrities do so,their act is accepted without raising an eyebrow😕.They are celebrities, even their fans talk about them. I didn't started comparing them to begin with....Even I didnt compare the two,I just compared people's attitude towards their favourites and non-favourites...I like Ash,but I did agree on the fact that her accent keeps changing,as she didntsound the way she did on Oprah on KWK....Being an Ash fan,I wouldnt refute that she at times puts on an accent,which is a fact....Her asnwers arent as good as Sushmita's or Lara's,thus I do agree that one cant call her the "smartest" person o represent india,but whatever she is doing,she is doing quite well....again saying,I dont have any business to talk about people's personal opinions on as to how they perceive the giggling/accent/interviews etc...But when people set to contradict me personal opinions,its then that i reply....I care less how many men Ash or Mona are friends with before they make their decision. This is not 20th century that parents finalize the arranged marriage and kids just accept it. Its totally different in these days. ..Yes,so why speak about the "breaking up two times" in a deerogatory sense...I know people who annually break up,but they dont getner one millionth the flak ash does....Di,it was you who said that ash dumps men,that's why I replied,because i just dont understand how the "breaking up with two men" could make a person diabolic..Had people said the same about say Rani too,I would have replied the same way...peirty has broken up with so many men,why arent her break ups sensationalized and why isnt she hated for dumping men.....Even in olden days, people used to rush into things and if its a mistake, couples pay back by separation or divorces. These days kids are more mature to make their own decision. But when its celebrities, every little detail goes around so fast and spread like a wild fire. People talked about Amitabh/Rekha, Dharmendra/Hema and so many others.

Yes,talking about celebrities is fine....But talking based on mere speculations is wrong....Now hypothetically lets say there is an article tomorrow..saying that X is divorcing Y for X.Now this is a mere speculation,and if people call X names,just based on this rumour,then that is wrong

No neelam di,I didnt take it personally...Just the thoughts,because,somewhere I fear that what if I have to face the same thing tomorrow..I'm no celebrity,bu I just think about how it'd be,if I am hated by the people who dont even know me,for false reasons.Thats exactly what i wanted to say for so many months now ,why should we discuss abt mere speculations .Just like the articles that u mentioned abt Mona,these are mere speculations as we are hearing through a third party through print and newspaper . You dislike Mona and the reason being her articles but U fail to understand that its the same way for ash too,there may be many who would dislike her by her interviews and articles ,You feel its fine to defend ash but get offended when someone defends mona and call them bias. Now tell me if u feel that u are biased and correct in defending Ash as she porrays humility then why cant others do the same.Its that which is so disturbing,as I just couldnt care less about celebrities as such..Ash just doesnt appear in my scheme of things,nor am I a great fan of that lady's acting prowess(but provided she gets a good director,she can perform),nor do I care about what she does in her private life...Its just a thought that one is defending here,personal thoughts about something which one feels is unfair

No one critivised ash for dumping anyone,hell no one even took her name on this thread except when u started it . Ash can deny any realtionship she wants to and My liking or disliking her has nothing to do with it .The samne reasons that u pointed out,her accent that she puts on and her fake giggles thats wht makes me dislike her a liitle bit .so whats wrong ,where does bias come in .As i said what u see as good may not be good for others and that does not make anyone biased .

ps...!(replace X,Y and Z with AA,SS and MS..you'll know what I'm meaning😉😆)

insouciance thumbnail

Tina,the ones below are speculations

Jassi, Karan sizzle in Goa
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 29, 2005

HAPPY TOGETHER:
Mona Singh and Karan Oberoi
Mona Singh has two reasons to be on Cloud Nine. Not only did the actress win the Indian Telly Award for the Best Popular Actress on Sunday, but also got to spend quality time with co-star and close friend, Karan Oberoi, during a recent schedule in Goa.

Karan wasn't needed

In the second week of November, the Jassi cast flew to Goa for a shooting schedule. Actress Shilpa Saklani (who is not part of the show) accompanied husband Apoorva Agnihotri on the outdoor; however, it was Karan's presence in Goa that created a flutter. Even though Karan (who plays Raghu in Jassi) was not needed for that schedule, he arrived in Goa as if it was the most natural thing to do.

Full-on entertainment

A unit member revealed that it was understood that Karan was there to give "special friend" Mona, company. "Both Karan and Mona have been quite open about their special friendship relationship in the last few weeks. In fact, it was quite a sight to see the two cuddle up and hang out together. Since Karan wasn't required for this shoot, he was free, and made sure he kept Mona entertained."

The unit landed in Goa in the second week of November, for a five-day jaunt. "Karan was required to shoot a few scenes in Mumbai as well. I remember him spending the first two to three days with Mona in Goa, after which he returned to the city."

Hotel move

Another source revealed that the actor wasn't keen on hanging out with the entire unit, and wanted to spend time in private with Mona. "He kept asking her to move into a different hotel; they did change locations for a day." This didn't go well with the production house, which wanted all the actors under one roof.

But an actor from the show said, "Karan was staying at the same hotel with us; he, too, is part of the show, and we are one big family. We didn't expect him to check into a separate hotel. But as soon the day's pack-up was announced, Mona and he would disappear from the group and hang out on their own."

Susegaad!

The couple took advantage of their Goa sojourn by taking leisurely walks on the beach at night, shopping and sampling the local cuisine. "It was evident that Mona wanted only Karan by her side," says the actor. "She was always in a better mood when he was around. In fact, when he left, she whined about how much she missed him."

Feelings on show

Surprisingly, when we contacted, Karan, the actor went into denial about his Goa trip, "I never went to Goa for any schedule," he said. "I was busy shooting in Mumbai." Confides a friend close to the actor, "He was thrilled to bits when he gave Mona the award on Sunday. It was hard for him to hide his feelings that night."

Mona Singh was unavailable for comment.

Now the above is what is called a speculation,write ups where we have lines like "a source on the set said"..."an actor who is close to the star said"....these are speculations....whereas the following is an INTERVIEW

Bollywood Interview Mona Singh - 'Jassi'

17th March 2006 07:36:44

Bollywood Mumbai: Now that "Jassi... Jaisi Koi Nahin" is nearing an end, Mona Singh speaks on the trauma of being the protagonist 24x7 and rumours of a romance with co-star Karan Oberoi.

"There's nothing! I am too ambitious to get into a relationship," Mona told IANS in an interview.

After "Jassi...", Mona wants to throw away the garb of Jassi and create a place for herself as Mona Singh in showbiz. "I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi." "But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me."

Excerpts from the interview:

Jassi...
No, don't call me that any more. I am Mona. I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi. Initially, I sort of enjoyed the anonymity. But after a while it became a mental torture to be 'Jassi' even at awards functions. I used to plead with my channel (Sony) to let me be myself at least at the awards function. Because, it was Mona Singh and not Jassi who received the awards. But they insisted.
So how did you cope?
My family was my reality check. My father kept telling me to wait for Jassi's makeover to happen. Then I'd at least look like myself...I had become like Clark Kent, waiting to be Superman. I used to keep repeating to myself, 'Jassi isn't me and I am not Jassi.' In the morning when I'd wake up my hands would automatically go to my face to look for the wig, the glasses... When Jassi's makeover happened in Mauritius I couldn't act! I needed the Jassi props (braces, wig, etc) to emote. I forgot my dialogues! I was assured by my co-star Veerendra Saxena who plays my father that I'd be okay in a month.
Are you now comfortable with your own natural looks?
Yes. I am. It took me a while. Right after the makeover I used to be startled by my own image. Even today when I look like my normal self I hide behind the nearest flowerpot. And then suddenly tell myself, 'Mona, you don't have to hide.' But then there was the upside. "Jassi..." gave me such amazing fame. The serial broke every rule of soap manufacturing. Today there are so many soaps about middleclass girls.
So what plans for the future?
I was born on Oct 8. No. 8 people don't plan anything. Whenever I do, it all goes for a toss. I just believe in going with the flow. Immediately after "Jassi...", I need a big break. Even if I do another serial now it can never be as big as "Jassi" for me. I have no plans to do another serial. But I am doing a film with Bobby Pushkarna.
Do you play an ordinary middleclass girl?
I'm a middleclass girl. But I'm in no way ordinary. It'll be a completely different character and look in the film...But I don't get that many offers because lots of people believe I am still contracted with Sony, which I am not after May 2006. We still don't know when "Jassi..." ends, which is a little strange.
A lot of criticism has been levelled at your serial for dragging its feet?
How come no one talks about "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" dragging on? Sony says "Jassi..." will end soon. Every soap drags after two years.
Are you fearful of the future?
I am not sure what else I can do besides "Jassi..." But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me. After going through so many personality changes on "Jassi..." I can play a psycho very well.
What about your romance with Karan Oberoi?
What romance? There's nothing! I am too ambitious to get into a relationship.
But the two of you sing songs to each other!
Each other? I sang to the whole crew of "Jassi..." and he happened to be part of it. Karan is definitely a good pal, just like Nandu is. They can't link me with Nandu. So they link me with Karan.
Who's Nandu?
My other co-star Gaurav in "Jassi..." Sorry, I shouldn't call him Nandu.
Finally, how much have you accumulated in your bank account?
Not even a crore (Rs.10 million). But I'm a very rich woman in terms of the experience that "Jassi... Jaisi Koi Nahin" has offered me. I'm a happy person by nature. No point in doing your work if you don't enjoy it. Yes, there were times when I didn't want to shoot, when I wasn't convinced of what Jassi had to do. Then I'd get a call from the channel saying, "Listen this is a daily. Don't ask questions. Just convince people even if you aren't convinced."

After "Jassi...", Mona wants to throw away the garb of Jassi and create a place for herself as Mona Singh in showbiz.

"I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi."

"But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me."

Jassi...
No, don't call me that any more. I am Mona. I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi. Initially, I sort of enjoyed the anonymity. But after a while it became a mental torture to be 'Jassi' even at awards functions. I used to plead with my channel (Sony) to let me be myself at least at the awards function. Because, it was Mona Singh and not Jassi who received the awards. But they insisted.

SO there is a difference between articles and interviews..Articles(especially the mid day ones) can be fabricated,I dont think any daily would publish a fake interview,the actress would have sued the paper then.....Thus speculation=! interview..Interviews are authentic,write ups are mostly fabricated

tina59 thumbnail

yes,I feel people on this forum are biased..not from now,but from a long time..there was once an article about Mona,were she had badmouthed her own show,contradicted herself,and what not..people defended that contradictions also....Mona in her previous articles had said that she is just like jassi,then she said that she is not at all like jassi....Such a blatent contradiction,and people werent even ready to accept that it was a contradiction....Its not a question of whether the contradiction was right or wrong,it was a contradiction,people refused to even accept that it was a contradiction.....People used to berate Shilpa,and for the same reason,glorify Mona....

You say "liking one for the same reason as hating the other"...elucidate please,because I would really like to know,....I dont find any traits common in Ash and Mona,that I like the former for that trait,and hate the latter for the same trait😕...I like Ash for her humility,her interviewsI dont find her evena little bit huumble espp in her interview in 60 minutes,infact it was irritating to say the leat,she was artificial,she put on an aceent and when asked whether she again giggled and then she was behaving as if the 60+ guy was trying to flirt with her gosh now does Mona do the same ...............she never puts on fake giggles,she never left one guy,saw another and now going out with the third one ( this si from whatever i heard from articles) and she never puts ona  fake accent and denying her realtions when the feelers are too strong ,wherein she NEVER brags about anything/contradicts herself/badmouths her movies/cribs about her 24-7 job/endlessly talks about the SAME issue like a broken record(like how some ppl talk about their weight loss)/goes around denying rumours when the feelers are just too strong that she might in actuality be dating ...Yeah,which of these traits are common among Ash and Mona....😛 yeah which of these traits are common between Mona and Ash sow hy compare them

I agree,everyone have different outlooks,but blaming one person for something,and condoning another person's SAME act called being bias...Umm,Comparing Ash and Mona....No,I didnt compare the two actresses per se,but people's outlook towards their favourites and their non favourites...Neelam di on one hand says that Ash dumps men,and then says that Mona has all the right to decide and think before going public...Now,shouldnt Ash or for that matter any other celebrity too be given the same treatment.....I take Ash's name specifically because she is the one who is constantly targetted,No one targetted her,infact i think it was you who compared her with Mona i this thread now if it is anyother Tom Dick or Harry,I would be saying the same..Neelam di then talks about Ash's "dark" personality..Now none of us know these people personally,we only have access to their interviews/public appearances etc...So isnt judging a person,based on mere assumption wrong??.Thats exactly what I am saying,u have said it urself that whatever assumptions u draw is from what u have seen from their interviews then why is it that u are calling others biased when what u said above clearly explains our perspectives abt Mona and Ash ...Mona fans would never even agree that she contradicted herself,whereas they would easily call their non-favourites names,over mere speculation..how can u say its mere speculation.,inafct u are acting biased coz u find ash's interviews mere specualtion and tell that we shouldnt assume anything coz of their interviews and then u do the same with Mona ..I know I'm not all that big a mona fan,But I can say that I've never accused her for her personal decisions(like dating or not dating KO),or acused her for reasonsNor did i accuse or dislike ash bcoz of her personal decision to dump or love anyone  I defend others for....I know this was long🤢,and I really suck at economising with words🤢..Thanks for your time me too

tina59 thumbnail

Tina,the ones below are speculations

Jassi, Karan sizzle in Goa
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 29, 2005

HAPPY TOGETHER:
Mona Singh and Karan Oberoi
Mona Singh has two reasons to be on Cloud Nine. Not only did the actress win the Indian Telly Award for the Best Popular Actress on Sunday, but also got to spend quality time with co-star and close friend, Karan Oberoi, during a recent schedule in Goa.

Karan wasn't needed

In the second week of November, the Jassi cast flew to Goa for a shooting schedule. Actress Shilpa Saklani (who is not part of the show) accompanied husband Apoorva Agnihotri on the outdoor; however, it was Karan's presence in Goa that created a flutter. Even though Karan (who plays Raghu in Jassi) was not needed for that schedule, he arrived in Goa as if it was the most natural thing to do.

Full-on entertainment

A unit member revealed that it was understood that Karan was there to give "special friend" Mona, company. "Both Karan and Mona have been quite open about their special friendship relationship in the last few weeks. In fact, it was quite a sight to see the two cuddle up and hang out together. Since Karan wasn't required for this shoot, he was free, and made sure he kept Mona entertained."

The unit landed in Goa in the second week of November, for a five-day jaunt. "Karan was required to shoot a few scenes in Mumbai as well. I remember him spending the first two to three days with Mona in Goa, after which he returned to the city."

Hotel move

Another source revealed that the actor wasn't keen on hanging out with the entire unit, and wanted to spend time in private with Mona. "He kept asking her to move into a different hotel; they did change locations for a day." This didn't go well with the production house, which wanted all the actors under one roof.

But an actor from the show said, "Karan was staying at the same hotel with us; he, too, is part of the show, and we are one big family. We didn't expect him to check into a separate hotel. But as soon the day's pack-up was announced, Mona and he would disappear from the group and hang out on their own."

Susegaad!

The couple took advantage of their Goa sojourn by taking leisurely walks on the beach at night, shopping and sampling the local cuisine. "It was evident that Mona wanted only Karan by her side," says the actor. "She was always in a better mood when he was around. In fact, when he left, she whined about how much she missed him."

Feelings on show

Surprisingly, when we contacted, Karan, the actor went into denial about his Goa trip, "I never went to Goa for any schedule," he said. "I was busy shooting in Mumbai." Confides a friend close to the actor, "He was thrilled to bits when he gave Mona the award on Sunday. It was hard for him to hide his feelings that night."

Mona Singh was unavailable for comment.

Now the above is what is called a speculation,write ups where we have lines like "a source on the set said"..."an actor who is close to the star said"....these are speculations....whereas the following is an INTERVIEW

Bollywood Interview Mona Singh - 'Jassi'

17th March 2006 07:36:44

Bollywood Mumbai: Now that "Jassi... Jaisi Koi Nahin" is nearing an end, Mona Singh speaks on the trauma of being the protagonist 24x7 and rumours of a romance with co-star Karan Oberoi.

"There's nothing! I am too ambitious to get into a relationship," Mona told IANS in an interview.

After "Jassi...", Mona wants to throw away the garb of Jassi and create a place for herself as Mona Singh in showbiz. "I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi." "But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me."

Jassi...
So how did you cope?
My family was my reality check. My father kept telling me to wait for Jassi's makeover to happen. Then I'd at least look like myself...I had become like Clark Kent, waiting to be Superman. I used to keep repeating to myself, 'Jassi isn't me and I am not Jassi.' In the morning when I'd wake up my hands would automatically go to my face to look for the wig, the glasses... When Jassi's makeover happened in Mauritius I couldn't act! I needed the Jassi props (braces, wig, etc) to emote. I forgot my dialogues! I was assured by my co-star Veerendra Saxena who plays my father that I'd be okay in a month.
Are you now comfortable with your own natural looks?
Yes. I am. It took me a while. Right after the makeover I used to be startled by my own image. Even today when I look like my normal self I hide behind the nearest flowerpot. And then suddenly tell myself, 'Mona, you don't have to hide.' But then there was the upside. "Jassi..." gave me such amazing fame. The serial broke every rule of soap manufacturing. Today there are so many soaps about middleclass girls.
So what plans for the future?
I was born on Oct 8. No. 8 people don't plan anything. Whenever I do, it all goes for a toss. I just believe in going with the flow. Immediately after "Jassi...", I need a big break. Even if I do another serial now it can never be as big as "Jassi" for me. I have no plans to do another serial. But I am doing a film with Bobby Pushkarna.
Do you play an ordinary middleclass girl?
I'm a middleclass girl. But I'm in no way ordinary. It'll be a completely different character and look in the film...But I don't get that many offers because lots of people believe I am still contracted with Sony, which I am not after May 2006. We still don't know when "Jassi..." ends, which is a little strange.
A lot of criticism has been levelled at your serial for dragging its feet?
How come no one talks about "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" dragging on? Sony says "Jassi..." will end soon. Every soap drags after two years.
Are you fearful of the future?
I am not sure what else I can do besides "Jassi..." But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me. After going through so many personality changes on "Jassi..." I can play a psycho very well.
What about your romance with Karan Oberoi?
What romance? There's nothing! I am too ambitious to get into a relationship.
But the two of you sing songs to each other!
Each other? I sang to the whole crew of "Jassi..." and he happened to be part of it. Karan is definitely a good pal, just like Nandu is. They can't link me with Nandu. So they link me with Karan.
Who's Nandu?
My other co-star Gaurav in "Jassi..." Sorry, I shouldn't call him Nandu.
Finally, how much have you accumulated in your bank account?
Not even a crore (Rs.10 million). But I'm a very rich woman in terms of the experience that "Jassi... Jaisi Koi Nahin" has offered mewhy cantu look at these lines adn appreciate her or form an opinion,so if u beleieve that ,u should beleiev this too and I can show u numerous interviews where she said that she loved being jassi and playing jassi and is greatful for that ,now why dont u beleive all those interviews as well.If u can beleive this and infer your own conclusion then u can do the same with her other interviews as well ,so who is biased now . I'm a happy person by nature. No point in doing your work if you don't enjoy it. Yes, there were times when I didn't want to shoot, when I wasn't convinced of what Jassi had to do. Then I'd get a call from the channel saying, "Listen this is a daily. Don't ask questions. Just convince people even if you aren't convinced."

After "Jassi...", Mona wants to throw away the garb of Jassi and create a place for herself as Mona Singh in showbiz.

"I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi."

"But I'm not going to burst into an item number just to prove I'm not Jassi in real life. I'll only do what I'm comfortable with. I hope there are some good roles written for me."

Jassi...
No, don't call me that any more. I am Mona. I have to find my own identity now. It's been three years! I was zapped mentally... Imagine telling people all the time that I wasn't Mona, that I was this make-believe character named Jassi. Initially, I sort of enjoyed the anonymity. But after a while it became a mental torture to be 'Jassi' even at awards functions. I used to plead with my channel (Sony) to let me be myself at least at the awards function. Because, it was Mona Singh and not Jassi who received the awards. But they insisted. what is wrong with this article,she was playing jassi for three years with her garb and not revealed herself for two years,she went everywhere in her jassi garb,spoke like jassi so obviously anyone would want to break away from their image so that it doesnt affect them .Any intelligent person would understand her statement . From what statement of hers made u think that she hates being jassi,all she said was she wants to be known as Mona and that doesnt mean she hates being jassi ,yes she may be tired of being jassi onand offscreen and wanted her own identity to come out but then nowhere in this interview does she say that she hates being jassi ,she said "dont call me jassi " she didnt say she hates playing jassi ..........know the difference and read the interview again

SO there is a difference between articles and interviews..Articles(especially the mid day ones) can be fabricated,I dont think any daily would publish a fake interview,the actress would have sued the paper then.....Thus speculation=! interview..Interviews are authentic,write ups are mostly fabricated

insouciance thumbnail

Tina,you surely arent getting it 😕 ..For once,lets not start aga8in as to whether Mona was right or wrong ,but a contradiction is a contradiction....Just like how a fake accent,is a fake accent....One has to agree,that There was a contradiction,as well as Ash  does put up an accent...Now whether its right or wrong is not the question,the question is whether it is a fake accent or not..whether it is a contradiction or not....

...Now as I said commenting about appearances in talk shows is fine,so I wouldnt go on to contradict you there..But tell me this...Now how does a person become not so humble only because that person laughs 😕 ...On one hand,we have Kajol,who giggles so much,but is the snootiest thing in Bollywood 🤢 and we have Ash,who does giggle,but is nice to her fans who meet her....Now how does giggling make a person pompous 😕 ..Lara Dutta giggles more than Ash does,why isnt she called fake 😕 .. ..One has to watch LAra on rendezvous/KWK,she giggled for almost every single line..Literally,every line...Why isnt she called pompous😕

Firstly,You're saying that Mona doesnt deny about relationships....WHy is she denying about KAran then...Karan is more than just a friend,its too obvious that they are more than friends....Its alright for Mona to deny,but Ash cant....

about Ash's dating men....Well,Not going to repeat as its of no use..SO emancipated women,would continue talking about how its so wrong for a woman to end her relationship,and then call men chauvinists..Talk about hypocrisy again! 🤢 ...But heaven forbid,if anyone says that Mona dumped Karan for bollywood,ppl would say that its her life,her choice...... 👏

Originally posted by: tina

how can u say its mere speculation.,inafct u are acting biased coz u find ash's interviews mere specualtion and tell that we shouldnt assume anything coz of their interviews and then u do the same with Mona

Ok,I dont think you got what I meant....Interviews CAN NEVER EVER be speculation..Be it anyone's interview,it can NEVER be a speculation..Write ups may be(and mostly are🤢) speculations....

I never said that Ash's interviews are speculations 😕 The write ups about her,about her liaison with Abhishek,the reason for her split with VO etc are speculations,as NONE OF THE CONCERNED PEOPLE said anything..Ash didnt give any interview saying why she split,or why she is dating anyone....Thus I choose not to believe speculation,not only concerning ash,concerning any celebrity....I only believe interviews...There is a speculation doing rounds that RAni is having an affair with Aditya chopra,which I dont believe,..Now if Rani gives an interview regarding this,I would believe it....

People judge Ash based on speculation..SO if the media says that she's dating Abhishek,people would blindly believe it,and would blindly say that she's there to ruin abhisheks' life....But when the media reported that Karan and Mona were together in goa,people chose not to believe that....That's bias...If anything negative is written about one we dont like,we have a field day,but if anything negative is said about the favourites,defense would galore...Not only here,everywhere..In the KYPH forum,people would go to any level to prove that a speculation about neha is false,and some would capitalize on it and would start mocking neha..Both,which is wrong...Ditto with the RAjeev khandelwal fans...Fans blindly defend.....Say anything negative about HGT/Hussain Tina,fans would go berserk ...Mostly,all fans are biased,and that's very natural...Only that some dont agree that they are biased

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago