Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Update ke bhooke aagaye hain... Kab aa raha hai update 😎
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Love for potatoes & ethics

What is Shravu doing?" Ii asked normally walking up to her room
"Dey keezha erangu da GET DOWN RIGHT NOW" Akka yelled, following her to see what she meant
The living room was down the corridor from the four bedrooms so it wasnt visible, in Akka's defense
In Shravu's, if he was going to become an animal biologist then he needs to become a monkey first

Akka gave her a secret hug, she smiled weakly, disinterested
"Dee where is the blush the speechlessness the shaking trembling and all?' Akka demanded
"ayyo po ka" "Get lost" she said
Akka whispered "Did you express all the emotions to him?"

"Can u be a lil more coy pleej?" II asked irriated
"enna dee aachu?" "what the hell happened?" Akka enquired
"I am just wondering if its even a good idea. Maybe Appa sees something I DONT? U know Ka?
"Cheee podi" "What are u saying?" Akka asked baffled
"Akka we dont have ONE PERCENT of professional compatability" II said furiously
"So?" "U dont need professional compatibility to make babies" she cracked herself up like she was some Santhanam or Vadivel
AYYYO!!! AKKA! U JUST DONT GET IT.. IF HE WERE NAKED AND AROUSED RIGHT NOW I WOULD STILL FEEL LIKE TAKING HIM DOWN... ERRMM... I THINK SO
HE HAS NO SHAME IN WINNING ARGUMENTS HE SHOWS NO COMPASSION HE IS A MONSTER. ITS LIKE HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY... IN BED  AND OUT OF IT AND IN THE PROCESS OF MARRYING HIM I SEEM TO HAVE PISSED APPA OFF COMPLETELY
RAKSHASAN.
AVANA MURDER PANNITTU IF I RETURN APPA WONT EVEN ACCEPT ME
I COULD SO VERY EASILY KILL HIM RIGHT NOW

"He fights with impunity and talks like he would talk to a driver or mechanic" II lied
OMG!! II WHAT A BLOODY LIAR U ARE, HE TALKS TO EVERY HELP NICELY. HE IS NEVER IMPOLITE TO A HELP OR A GUARD OR HIS ADMIN OR HIS DRIVER
ITS YOU, ITS YOU, ITS YOU HE TEARS UP GLEEFULLY, TELL AKKA THE TRUTH... COMPULSIVE LIAR, YOU...
WHATEVER... I DONT CARE... I WANT TO BUTCHER HIM RIGHT NOW I WILL SAY WHATEVER LIE I COOK UP...
RAKSHASAN

"Avana? He talks so politely to everybody. I am surprised he treats people bad"
"Nee pannikko pinna avan kalyanam" "U MARRY HIM" II fumed
Akka lay on her bed and rolled holding her stomach, Shravu catapulted himself from the dupatta and landed like a human stone on Akka
"IF I was 10 years younger I SO WOULD teriyuma, damn cute he is" Akka said seriously
"Whatever" II muttered
"Are u getting married again Amma? Who will I live with? Rohan in my class lives with his Dad" Shravu informed
"Ofcourse you will da why will I take u with me?" she hugged and squeezed the life out of the tyke
"I want to live with Uncle R actually" Shravu declared
"Well dont we all" II cursed
"Chithi? U are going to live with him too?" Shravu asked "I call dibs on the bed, u can sleep on the floor Chithi"
"U AND Uncle R can sleep on the terrace" II said slamming the bathroom door
Akka looked at shut door for a few minutes... worrying
Amma came in "Vaa saapda, how is nausea, come eat"
"Its there Ma, I throw up 8 times instead of 15" "But its there, I am afraid this one is going to be like this RAT"
She tickled Shravu, he played with her mangal sootra folding and releasing the lockets, imagining they were Lego airplanes
"Porum da u are 9 u are going to get a baby sister or brother" "U shud grow up now" Amma said sternly to him
"Cheee po ma, he will still be my ONLY ONLY Animal Planet" Vandu squeezed him tight
"Paatti I will just go to Uncle R's, now chithi wants that bed, so Uncle R and I will camp in the terrace" Shravu spoke about "plans"
Amma seriously squirmed, her face losing all color
"DOES HE KNOW?" she hissed
"He HAS TO" Vandu said firmly, as Bala walked in
"What is being hid from me?" he asked sitting down on the bed
"The fact that if its another boy I will get to name him" Akka said cheerfully
Bala looked tired and weary "Ongalukku coffee ya, straight aa dinner venuma, would u like coffee now?" Amma asked
"No I will just eat, so Vandu baat kiya Appa se?"
Amma left not wanting to hear what Akka would say now...
"Arey nahi main Ishita ke 10 min pehle aayi"
II walked out of the bathroom sulking... quickly smiled seeing Athim
She hugged him "Enna da? Dum dum dum aa?" he grinned tousling her well combed hair
She blushed... a deep crimson..
"If I dont kill him first"
"Arey wah, looks like she adores him ille di?" Bala winked
Vandu smiled conspiratorially
"Shaadi se pehle khoon karogi ya baad mein?" he asked sincerely
"Aaj raat ko" II said, picking up Shravu's toys from everywhere...
And flinging a few ones back at him...
Shravu played on his DS...cuddling with his Mom

"Neeyum sema pidivadam, looks like he is too" Bala spoke wise words
"I AM NOT I AM NOT I AM NOT DONT SAY THAT ATHIM, I AM THE NICEST U WOULD EVER KNOW. TAKE IT BACK" she jumped up and down shouting
He started to laugh loud "Whatever u are doing right now adukku per enna? Whats it called?" he asked
Vandu giggled
"That and the fact that we are here in D II, on a week night to talk about a WEDDING"
II bent down blushing furiously
"Seri vendaam Rakshasan vidu, Make Appa happy, marry the Ashwin, you love the mother law so much any way" Akka winked
"That Mom character is straight from saas bahu" II warned
Stepping on a Lego
"Shravu ONE MORE TIME U BRING Legos into this house I skewer u like kababs"
"Oohhh yummm, can I have some too?" he asked
"This room will be empty any way so it can turn into his" Akka said indulgently
NO AKKA NO THIS WILL ALWAYS BE MINE I WILL BE HERE EVERY WEEKEND, EVERY TIME 
HE RETURNS FROM PARIS I WILL BE HERE. I WANT HIM TO RETURN TO AN EMPTY HOUSE. SERVES HIM RIGHT.
I WILL COME HERE STRAIGHT FROM WORK THAT EVENING AND STAY HERE A FEW DAYS... HE CAN SIT IN THE BALCONY TWIRLING HIS HAIR AND READING A GODDAMN BOOK😭

"Will u come to the airport?" he asked (Sam goes to get Tanmay after every biz trip)😳
"No I will be at Amma's" 😈she said not letting him bind her hands with his...smiling sweetly
He tasted her neck slowly... " dont I get a massage after the long haul?" he asked😈
"ya right after laying in bed in first class?" she fumed... "Please da" begging him to stop
"tanmay tells me, "its" worth every hour of being gone☺️" he chuckled in her belly
"MUST BE"👏 "But U can get over ur jet lag, or read or fix your surround sound maybe?" giggling as he tickled purposefully
"I will need to be fed first to work on the speakers"☺️ he said capturing her lips finally.
She gasped and hid from him after a while.. shaking all over... he lay there smiling smugly
"Tan probably calls Sam 10 times a day on a biz trip" she said in half tears... accusingly, turning towards him "Po da!"
 YOU WONT EVEN TEXT ME ONCE, PIGG!
He smiled his half smile, he moved over her purposefully... "True!" he ADMITTED😡
SHAMELESS bas***d... ARGHHH😭

Amma came in asking them to go eat
They all sat down to eat, EVEN APPA too
Vandu looked at Bala and eye signalled, he eye signalled her back
Amma served rice, and put nei/ghee, it was onion sambar and aloo fry (a typical Iyer son in law for dinner menu)... 
II cleaned all her aloo curry in seconds racing with Shravu
Amma slapped her hand when she went for seconds BEFORE SHE HAD EATEN ONE MOUTHFUL OF SAMBAR RICE.
"Ada vidu dee first sadatha sapdu, eat first"
"Paati u cheated u gave chithi 11 pieces I only got 7" Shravu complained
"Onn velaya idu? Did u make him count?" Amma scolded II
"U gave me 13 actually Ma"
"Patteee" Shravu started to cry
Amma SERVED BOTH
They began their next race
Bala" So enna think panrel? can we have them over and talk?"
"about what?" Appa asked
"The date for the wedding?" Bala said
II dropped a glistening roasted piece of aloo divinity on hearing that
"Whattt? Wedding?" Appa demanded angrily
"Samyukta called Vandu" Bala said haltingly
"So? Ava sonna nambidanuma? If they tell us we shud believe it?" Krishna!!!" Appa invoked
Shravu and II raced... Amma poured hot sambar on II's rice mound "Vaya moodindu saapdu" "eat quietly"
"Paatee u said vaya moodindu saapdu, HOW CAN CHITHI EAT LIKE THAT WITH MOUTH CLOSED?" 🤣
"Solren iru, just wait I WILL SHOW YOU" 😡Amma hissed in his ear
Shravu looked in awe hoping Paati was going to open a new portal in human food ingestion🤣
amma just shot daggers at him... Shravu had his mouth shut and food near his lips
"Mmm...mmm" "mmm" he wanted to know🤣
"Vandu ivanukku rendu vei. Smack him" Amma ordered😈
Vandita suppressed a giggle
"Dey EAT DA" she yelled😆
"Onakku onney jaasti idula rendavadu vera, one is too many for u u are now having second" Amma hissed😭
Bala laughed out loud😆

"We arent matching we cannot go with what they say
"I sent his to 7 people, 3 say it matches 92-97%" Amma said firmly
II looked at Amma startled
"Ayyyoyyo" "So Rakshasan is for real?" her insides plunged down an alley... her throat dried up she leaned back nervously
she could imagine him coming to get her from Amma's not saying much just being impatient as she dragged her feet packing her stuff..
"Oru nimisham da PLEASE, one more minute?" she would beg
"10 seconds" he would say firmly, as if he would hoist her over his shoulder and walk down the stairs...
She felt like jelly... a 5'9" swaying mass of orange, green, blue, purple jelly

appa looked at Amma like she had cheated on him with some high school crush of hers from Madurai

~~~~~
R&B declined mithai, there was three kinds every day, for lunch and dinner, Desi, American, French, Greek...some dessert or the other,
Ranjan sat across from him, accidentally,  for dinner..when he was 10% done Ranjan had joined him... he had mostly 
eaten without saying a word, just talked about the AGM for a a couple minutes, and the changes to Companies Act
R&B mainly nodded in agreement... not commenting

His favorite was on the menu tonite, chicken tikka masala and rice, roti with aloo with fennel ... 
the chef fully deserved every dime Ranjan paid him R&B thought
Going for seconds, on the potato...
The chef looked on proudly

"So did u agree on  a bid" Ranjan asked softly
"On what?" R&B enquired curious and polite
"The HW upgrades?' Ranjan squirmed
"Ummm... no" he said bluntly
"Oh!"
Ranjan had lied to his would be daughter in law in the hope that the propsect of getting 
married would mellow them out and his son would sign any paper produced under his eyes
And she would ask nicely and be granted every wish
LITTLE DID HE KNOW

"U dont have enough bids to make an informed decision?" Ranjan enquired
"More than enough" R&B said
"Oh! good" THEN WHERE IS THE DELAY? he looked at his son
"They dont need upgrades" R&B said flatly
"But its a memory sucking tool" Ranjan said casually
R&B latched on "exactly it devours memory, hogs storage space and is kluge, its not appropriate"
"Ms Iyer's company is" Ranjan began
"Known to you?" R&B offered softly, mocking
Ranjan squirmed... struggling as always to choose between ethics and family
" I know Mr Bansal well and..Ms Iyer, Ishita will be part of this" Ranjan began (family?)
R&B looked at his Dad like "I will not be dishonest" "this is how it all began at the workshop remember?" 
"Oh Chachu is family, so please look the other way as he cheats?"
Ranjan looked down at his plate

It was going to be a looong hard road for every one... Ranjan had been forgiving a compulsive cheat of a baby brother for years now, 
his son was as unforgiving and ethical as can be, not letting personal feelings influence any biz decisions
In the process he was even hurting the woman he was going to marry... Ranjan couldnt take the side of Ishita, as much as he couldnt take his 
own son's side, because siding with R&B would mean he would have to take Chachu to task...

R&B excused himself, a help forcefully placed a bowl of rabri in his hand, he smiled his half smile as he took it...
Walked up the wide spiral stairway, as father and son exchanged one last look for the evening..

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wings-of-Fire

There's one father who probably hasn't been a good one for a time period, stepping up for the sake of his son's happiness and there's another one who protected and loved his daughter all the times and now failing to look beyond his ego and prejudice to see his daughter's happiness! Marriage is such a strange thing!

OH MY WORD!!!
OH MY WORD!!!

HA!!😲😲
SO WELL WRITTEN👏👏
Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Res
---------------------------------

EDITED

AYYYOOO!!!!!
3/7 jaadagum (horoscope) 92-97% match, from Iyer end. And Sam kuduthadum match aachu. (The one sam gave also matched)

Akka sonnada seri thaan. II-ku avaloda Rakshasan kitta irundu yaarum kaapata mudiyathu.
(Akka was right in what she said. No one can rescue II from her Monster)

It was amazing, how II kept thinking of how THEIR future would be. Not hers or his, but their collective future.
It's also amazing how you've shown all the insecurities and indecisions that a girl might face prior to her wedding.

If only Appa could see how happy R&B makes his baby girl. And how much his anger is hurting her.

Bala is awesome. So smartly asking if they could invite the Bhallas & the Batras over, to discuss the wedding date. Whattay sly devil!
That also made me wonder... R&B-oda "randu vaarum" promise fulfil aaguma? (Will R&B's "two weeks" promise be fulfilled?)

That last bit... Between Ranjan and R&B... Seemed so poignant... Highlighted the differences between the two, especially in the professional context... Ranjan mixed his personal life with his work (no puns intended) while R&B kept it painfully dissociated from the other. 

Makes me wonder... How will II and R&B sort out their professional differences after the marriage? And after their wedding, will II and R&B stay apart (when he's working in Paris/elsewhere) or will he move back to India and set up Argent Graines here?

Chahe kuch bhi ho...
Shaadi ke baad toh har roz bomb phatega. 
 If not in the boardroom or anywhere public, at the very least in their bedroom(or over phone)!

Can't wait for their wedding and married life!

P.S. Loved how both of them, and Shravu, love potatoes.
I love potato too. But am now living in the constant fear of hating it cuz that's what my hostel serves everyday.
Edited by Arya1991 - 9 years ago
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

OH MY WORD!!!
OH MY WORD!!!

HA!!😲😲
SO WELL WRITTEN👏👏

Why the shocked face?😆
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wings-of-Fire

Why the shocked face?😆

The way you put it seems SO APT
It shocked me out of my wits
I dont place both Dads side by side in my mind... so the parallel you draw is simply outstanding👏
deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
An update of SUBSTANCE!! 👍🏼

Next update before 12 am or after 5am IST??
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Intriguing Update..Good Going..Continue Soon..👍🏼
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
oh loved it and now i want to eat aloo fry,onion sambar 😭😭😭 what a lovely description of that khana they were eating.. it transported me to their world of finishing the potatoes before rice loved it 👏👏
every relationship is so natural -- Athim saying "dum dum dum " and her fighting.

And the father son convo was also nice... makes you like R&B so much more,  ethics is a strong word and very hard to live by sometimes in the business world so good to see him stand up for his beliefs.

Actually R&B reminds me of Howard Roarke from Ayan Rands FountainHead , my other fav fictional character next to Darcy that i totally dig.

Next update yeppo ? I never close this tab at work 😆😆😆

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
A very nice move. Great update ... RnB is opinionated and ethical! He is a lot closer to Appa than Appa realizes. II and her doubts are so real. Good one!
👏